Creature Caster Masters: Death Spelunking

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
Now the professor sounds very familiar.

Calumon: I used illuminate once. I couldn't hold the lamp and Jack lost a shoe. : (
Blake Swift a.k.a ShadyVox a.k.a. various parts in Yu-Gi-Oh abridged. Like Jaden.
And I've just found out that he's younger than me. Which is incredibly annoying.

My fanboyism for all things pokemon guarantess I'll enjoy this! Good times!

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Oh my god this awful.

Seriously, I tried giving this another shot but I can not for the life of me figure out why this is on the Escapist. There is not a single original or clever joke in this. Everything that could be considered humorous is observational humor, and anyone can do that. It is not hard to do. Most people on the site do it on a regular basis. I'd expect you to be able to put out something better, but if anything your observational humor is of even lower quality than what I typically see on the forums. I can't figure out what's more depressing; the fact that you think this is good, the fact that other people think this is good, or the fact that the Escapist staff think this is worth paying for.

Maybe I could let the bad writing past if this show had something else redeemable about it, but there's nothing. The animation is terrible. All the movements look fake and it lacks substantial detail or a unique style. Really I'm struggling to think of any advice to give about this because the problems are so deeply ingrained into the show. But if I had to pick the biggest flaw its that there is no character development. Tun Tun and the trainer (whose name I still can't remember) should have some personality, but I can't figure out what it is. This is because there's been nothing to indicate what personality they have. Two episodes in and I can't describe the two main characters beyond their appearance. If you don't think that indicates a serious problem then there's no hope for this show.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
J03bot said:
Jack and Calumon said:

Calumon: I used illuminate once. I couldn't hold the lamp and Jack lost a shoe. : (
Blake Swift a.k.a ShadyVox a.k.a. various parts in Yu-Gi-Oh abridged. Like Jaden.
And I've just found out that he's younger than me. Which is incredibly annoying.!
Oh so Shady did the professor too! I knew he did Justin, obviously, since that's the voice he uses for Jaden and one similar for Tai. Still, why would his professor voice sound familiar? Perhaps there was another old guy in one of the Abridged series' he was in.

Calumon: I found out that everyone on The Escapist is older than me! :S

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
J03bot said:
Jack and Calumon said:

And I've just found out that he's younger than me. Which is incredibly annoying.!
Oh so Shady did the professor too! I knew he did Justin, obviously, since that's the voice he uses for Jaden and one similar for Tai. Still, why would his professor voice sound familiar? Perhaps there was another old guy in one of the Abridged series' he was in.

Calumon: I found out that everyone on The Escapist is older than me! :S
Sounds more like LittleKuriboh's Yami voice, but the end credits suggest it isn't. Though that would be an old guy voice. You don't get much older than five millennia

IMakeIce

Dec 21, 2010
It's got potential...but it had better move away from directly following blue version pretty quick, or it's going to get stale.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Tun-Tun will be scarred by the slaughter for the rest of his life. And he got 20 XP! YAY!

templargunman

Oct 23, 2008
Yeah, so far I'm really not interested in this show at the least... I haven't even heard most of these jokes so far, and they still sound stale. I guess the problem is that this is a show about a genre of games that has been around for more than a decade, everyone's already thought of everything funny to say about it.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
Timbydude said:
Duffeknol said:
@ both of you.

Since you know Legendaryfrog you must've heard of the Star Syndicate (#1 uploader on Newgrounds). I'm a very long time member. That about sums it up.
That's great, but that doesn't really have any bearing on this. The fact that you're a prominent Newgrounds member doesn't mean that you have more of a right to claim that certain types of humor are objectively not funny.
It was but an illustration of how much I dislike him. The Star Syndicate dedicated entire days worth of flash movies making fun of him and his standard template for everything he does. The SS held some of the most talented artists on NG (Rtil, Zekeyspacylizard), but they were overlooked because actual art doesn't draw as much people in as predictable video game jokes and badly tweened animations. It just ticked us off. I've just always held a grudge against video game jokes that are, simply put, wayyyyyy too simple.

We actually managed to get a few of Illwillpress' Foamy movies removed from the website by mass voting them into oblivion, haha.

MNRA

Jun 8, 2009
I'm still interested in this show. It does have promise.

One thing of note though ts that the speed of the conversations is a tad bit slow. It's like watching a childrens programme. I know you are technicaly spoofing childrens shows here, but the slow dialoge makes me loose interest a bit.

Still, like I said. Show has promise. I want to see where it goes.

eyedonutkair

Feb 6, 2009
schweet, with a capital Schw. I'll be here next episode! If all it is debunking pokemon and card gaming in general, i'm fracking showing up every new episode.
i'll probably be playing black or white and yugiohwc while watching it :D
Seriously, learn to laugh a little.