Creepiest things that have ever happened to you?

aizenmyoo

Nov 17, 2010
This one time, there was a military ship testing out some kind of sonar near where I live, and all the bats went, well... batshit crazy. There were swarms (flocks? something else?) of bats flying all over the place, and this was daytime, mind you.

Luckily it only lasted 15 minutes or so, but still.

cairocat

Oct 9, 2009
Chapper said:
mr. cool said:
Chapper said:
When I came to school only to find out that a classmate had been arrested, later to be sentenced to ten years in prison.

That was... Surreal and creepy. I thought I knew him after two years. Turns out I didn't. At all.
What did he do?
He planned and murdered a girl.

Ten years isn't nearly enough for him.
Did you testify against him?

Hiikuro

We are SYD!
Apr 3, 2010
I once hallucinated a red robot when I was younger. It was bedtime and I sort of saw something around the corner of the room, just out of sight. Went to check it out and saw the thing. I stood still for a second or so while my blood boiled. I ran, terrified, downstairs to those still awake. I never saw the thing again.

It was disturbing.

aseelt

Jan 13, 2010
My wife and I were getting in to bed and I personally and properly turned off the room light.

Five minutes later the light switched itself back on.

My wife has this whole electrical interference thing going on.

pumuckl

Feb 20, 2010
ahh my brother passed away a few years ago... and it was kind of a ritual everynight he'd come downstairs at midnight, talk to me for a few minutes, see if i wanted to go and then sneak out (he was 17 i was around 13)...

welll one night after he passed i was sitting downstairs playing xbox at midnight... and i heard the shingles on the backdoor he snuck out of shake.. i got up and looked and no one was there and nothing was moving... kept playing until i heard the back door open and slam shut twice, i bolted up and looked again, and the shingles wherent even shaking, i went and sat down convinced i was crazy until i heard it a third time and bolted for my room, xbox still on

idk if it was just me missing him and wanting to hear from him in sumway or a legit paranormal experience... he woulda found it funny he almost made me piss myself though

lettucethesallad

Nov 18, 2009
I used to live in a 17th century house when I was a kid, weird shit happened all the time. Footsteps upstairs when I was home alone downstairs, creaking where the house really shouldn't creak, and a really sinister feeling when turning off all the lights downstairs before heading up for bed. Seriously freaky, and I wasn't the only one to feel it in my family.

Creepiest thing that happened there though was this one time where I got it validated that the strange things I'd been hearing that sounded like muffled voices were not in my head at all, as I was dreading (age about 12, I was freaking out thinking I was going crazy). My mom and I were home alone in the study looking for a book, when we heard muffled voices, kinda like if you've pocket dialled someone and they picked up and you hear their voice from afar. Neither of us had our phones in the room, and every appliance that could make any noise like that was off. Oh, and the house was in the middle of nowhere, so no visitors hanging around outside. Scary stuff.

Creepiest thing done to me by a person was probably when I was 10-ish and a man tried to force me to get into his car, saying he'd drive me home and talk to my parents because I 'hadn't followed trafic safety precausions'. I'm happy I had enough wits to bolt the fuck out of there.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
I was just leaving my house to walk my dog, when my neighbour walked up to me, started talking, she's petting my dog, all normal. All of a sudden, she says, "Oh yeah, my dog just died." Like most people here, I do not react well to emotion. It was quite creepy being told a dog you've known for years has died. And she didn't appear concerned, or anything. She was even smiling. Needless to say, I got out of there as fast as possible. I could smell death, like when someone tells you someone died, there's a really strange and scary smell.

Josh Diaz

Oct 23, 2010
i walked into a room and i found a guy was sitting there just staring. i walked to the corner notived his eyes were following me. scared out of my mind i asked whats up. he didnt say anything...he just stood up and started to undress. later that night i saw him again walking down my street. me and friend went to my basement in hopes of avioding him. when i went to school the next day there he was driving my bus i saw several more times that week then he just up and vanished. i havent seen him since but that guy still freaks me out when i think about him

cairocat

Oct 9, 2009
Josh Diaz said:
i walked into a room and i found a guy was sitting there just staring. i walked to the corner notived his eyes were following me. scared out of my mind i asked whats up. he didnt say anything...he just stood up and started to undress. later that night i saw him again walking down my street. me and friend went to my basement in hopes of avioding him. when i went to school the next day there he was driving my bus i saw several more times that week then he just up and vanished. i havent seen him since but that guy still freaks me out when i think about him
What did he look like?

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Not too sure, but I love reading these! Turns out I am now shitting myself, thanks guys.

cairocat

Oct 9, 2009
Nouw said:
Not too sure, but I love reading these! Turns out I am now shitting myself, thanks guys.
I know, me too! I think when this thread dies (after ton of pages) I should publish these all into 'Creepy tales from the Internet'.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Josh Diaz said:
Where was this room, I guess its not in your house, that would be fucking mental.

Not that creepy; but on one of my Cadet camps me and a friend started to scrape away leaves for our basher (a small shelter made from 2 bungies, 2 tent pegs, a shelter sheet and 2 trees) when we found a serious f*ck load of maggots. Seriously, I scraped for another 10 seconds before I realised what the friend was pointing at on the floor. I got the 2IC and he dug down with his penknife and found an almost complete dog skeleton, after the IC brought a mini spade. Needless to say we were relieved when the IC told us to move 4 meters down the line.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
I like to go on long walks, and we have a walk that goes around part of a lkae near where I live. Anyway, I had just played the Ravenholm level in Half-Life 2 and I needed to get away from the TV for a bit, so I wnet on that walk around the lake. The road you walk on is a gravel road, and it's near a forest. It was aroung 8 pm so it was pretty dark, but there were street lamps. But then all of a sudden everything went dark. All the streetlights went off. So now I'm pretty scared, I start to imagine zombies coming my way through the forest.
I got back safe and sound, but I don't think I've been more scared in my life, and that was just my imagination playing tricks on me... So that was Really creepy. :s

KiLl_RoY

Jul 11, 2009
A friend of mine wanted to suck my penis.

We were small, and he really wanted to do it and i was totally against it and i kept saying saying no and no.

After a while of arguing he started to get impatient and offered me money, it started with a small quantity, 10 bucks or something like that i don't recall exactly, but what i do remember exactly is that the offer ended with 100 bucks.
I actually thought about it when he offered me 100 dollars, but then i regained my consciousness and i yelled at him to stop his shit and i ran away from him.

Until this day we are really good friends and we never talked about the subject again

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
I swear a house that I lived in when I was younger was haunted. It was quite a long time ago, but I could remember hearing footsteps going up and down the stairs at night sometimes, while I was in bed. At the time, I just presumed (or hoped) it was my dad doing it for some reason, but I was still freaked out. One time I heard it, I built up the courage to go have a look, and there was nothing there. Needless to say: I was shit scared.

I can't remember saying anything about it at the time, but I recently brought up that I thought it was haunted and my older brother agreed that he thought it was as well.