Creepy online experiences.

saints1544

Nov 23, 2009
DugMachine said:
Can't tell if serious or being sarcastic about the fact that you can see my live account, name and state here on my profile.

If it's the latter then my point is in WoW you cannot know someones name nor would these people have access to my escapist account so hence the creepiness. If you're being serious somebody must be using my account cause I haven't played Halo or Live for that matter in months haha.
Sorry for the lag, nope was just playn, figured someone would make the stupid, "Hey *insert name*" jargon so I beat the internet to it.

Ive had it happen in an MMO called Conquer, free to play.(Well kinda but you all know the whole F2P thing) Had numerous people come up to me and ask me stuff and I had no idea who they were, even called me by my real name. Turns out my now ex-GF was leaking some info out into the cyber world. Or so one of them told me.......

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Bhaalspawn said:
DugMachine said:
This happened to be in WoW one day. I made a new undead and I was maybe lvl 3 and the zone was barren except for one other player. I see him running towards me so I wait and he comes up and goes "Logan?" This freaked me out so bad because this was on a new server and HOW THE HELL WOULD HE KNOW MY NAME?! Coincidence? I think not.
cough-RealID-cough

OT: Ever run a Tumblr Blog? Nuff said.
This was before realID. Vanilla WoW stuff I'm talking about

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
Luckily, i don't really have creepy experiences on the net. In real life, however, it seems like a bunch of people know me without me knowing them...

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
In school from about 5th grade up through 12th people would say hi to me and call me by name that I was sure I'd never seen before... it hasn't happened outside of that though.
Whatever my creepiest experience on-line was, it was probably on or linked from /x/ on 4chan.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
There was this one time in middle school when I discovered Yahoo Instant Messenger. Then people tried to cyber with me o_O

I ran for the hills!

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Only thing I can think of as "creepy" was when I was younger (12, maybe 13) I was convinced by some friends to try Runescape.

During maybe my third or fourth session some random girl (or at least there avatar was a girl) decided that I was her new boyfriend. She followed me around unrelenting, sending weird messages for about 10 minutes before I gave up and closed the game. I have no idea if they were serious or just trolling me.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
I once tried a RP server when I played WoW several years ago.

I walked into the Goldshire inn...

I rerolled to a new server.

Jinxzy

Jul 2, 2008
The creepiest thing that ever happen is when Uno on XBL started using cams. Any game you tried to play you always ended up in a lobby with mature rated content.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
A guy I had known since junior school and who lives down the block from me was in my WOW guild for 2 years without either of us clicking on to who the other was.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
A lesbian once threatened to rape me. Well, I was chatting to buddies on the interwebs and ended up in a 2 hour long discussion with a lovely English lady. Yeah, it just sorta happened. Anyway, I checked her profile on said site and turns out she was a very real lady. Eventually we got onto the subject of women and why I made a remark about a not very nice lady I met once, going as far to use the word "cunty", I was being bombarded with comments calling me a sexist pig and eventually a rape threat...

It was... Er... Interesting...

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Hmmm... I don't believe in the supernatural, so I'm a bit bummed on the being creeped out front.

I like to creep others out, though.

Pretend being a vase or something else in Dark Souls when being invaded. Let them search you and run past and around you. Sneak attack them from behind by burning the place down or splitting their skull with a huge sword or a triple serving of love from the arbalest.

While hidden, message them over PSN or whatever online service allows you to do just that. Taunt them, disturb them, annoy them, distract them... and then kill them. It's all great fun as long as you're not fighting abusers.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Jinxzy said:
The creepiest thing that ever happen is when Uno on XBL started using cams. Any game you tried to play you always ended up in a lobby with mature rated content.
What?

Like, say, strip UNO?

Chat roulette UNO?

Naughty bits UNO?

Do elaborate. I'm in the mood for some UNO love.

Facing The Plastic

Oct 31, 2012
In the early days when I use to use a headset while gaming, playing some CoD game I think, I had someone constantly pick me out from the team just to scream my online username in anger and then what I think was pleasure, then back to anger before finally getting a message from him for my number and a bunch of wink faces. Odd times.

Vicarious Reality said:
snip snip snip
Is this you? or the person that wants AIDs? or the amputee sex slave? Just confused as to which one out the three this image is for. x3

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
I was chatting with my friend over messenger who introduced a 13-year old girl to me, who then proceeded to come onto me. I was 19 at the time and weirded the fook out.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Vicarious Reality said:
Creepiest shit that i ever found online has to be the forum for people who want ÁIDS
Or the seemingly serious advertisement for trained amputee sex slaves

..ever hear someone said something about the internet that you just absolutely had to see for yourself?

Totally searching for that aids site. That really can't be a thing, can it? Just... Why?

darlarosa

May 4, 2011
DugMachine said:
you may just have a personality or way of chatting that is...distinct

Once on a site(fetish related) this old guy sent me a message don't wanna look at the contents but I he just started trying to act like he was this cool flirtatious awesome guy....aand it just got progressively creepy....

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
Doclector said:
Pinkamena said:
Well, I go by the name Pinkamena on steam too. While in a steam group chat, some guy kept nagging me about joining him a private chat room so we could play some naughty RP. I guess he just really liked ponies.

Oh lordy no.

Most of my disturbing internet experiences involve cracked. It's like QI teaches you interesting stuff, and cracked teaches stuff you just wish you could unlearn.

Then there was that japanese horror comic.

Y'know, the one with the neck cracking scene. WITH AUDIO.
Oh god that comic. I just remembered that. I hate you. Also, wasn;t that a Korean comic?

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Pinkamena said:
Well, I go by the name Pinkamena on steam too. While in a steam group chat, some guy kept nagging me about joining him a private chat room so we could play some naughty RP. I guess he just really liked ponies.

No problem. It's sorted.