Creepy Summer Lesson PSVR Game Gets New Trailer, Details

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Creepy Summer Lesson PSVR Game Gets New Trailer, Details

Bandai Namco has revealed details on its upcoming "flirt with a high school girl" PlayStation VR game, Summer Lesson

Summer Lesson was one of those Virtual Reality games that was inevitable. The PlayStation VR exclusive from Bandai Namco essentially puts you in the role of a "tutor", teaching and eventually "bonding" with a Japanese high school girl. We thought it was just going to be one of those weird tech demos that just went away but at Tokyo Game Show this year [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/tokyo%20game%20show%202016?os=tokyo+game+show+2016] Sony revealed that this is a real game that will launch alongside PS VR.

First up, check out the trailer to the right that was released alongside the new info. It will be sold under its official title, Summer Lesson: Hikari Miyamoto Seven Days Room and is set to launch alongside PlayStation VR on 13 October for 2,980 yen (US$28.93). Furthermore, while the trailer only showed the player interacting with the girl in her bedroom, Sony says that there will also be options for more "intriguing scenarios" with her in the future.

[gallery=6486]

When the game was debuted last year, as well as the Japanese school girl we saw a scenario with a blonde-haired American girl, who is noticeably absent from this build of the game. I guess Bandai knows what the weebs want.

We're at Tokyo Game Show this year and will endeavor to check this one out for ourselves before the end of the show. Stay tuned!

Jaegerwolf

Sep 29, 2010
So, what's the over/under on how long after release someone marries her? I'm gonna go with 6 months

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Wait this is just SL not a horror game. I can't see what is creepy about dating vr sims. I doubt she will turn to be a demon and trap you in a hellish dimension half way through. Also I doubt the blond girl is cut. Maybe there's more than one char or she change hair colors or you can edit her look as you begin the game.

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
<3<3<3 Maid outfit.

Shhh, I know I'd be in so much trouble if I played this.
Depending on how it turns out I still might end up playing it,
so I could pretend that a cute high school girl would give me the time of day.
Or even to have someone just smile at me during the day.

UberPubert

Jun 18, 2012
I'm just disappointed they didn't go anywhere interesting with it.

C'mon, we have functioning VR for the first time, unprecedented technical achievements in graphical fidelity, and they chose a regular Japanese schoolgirl, living in regular Japan? Not even a catgirl?

For shame

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
"Creepy" is one of the most overused words ever. All it seems to mean now is "Something I don't like and will look down on you for if you like it."

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
infohippie said:
"Creepy" is one of the most overused words ever. All it seems to mean now is "Something I don't like and will look down on you for if you like it."
Um, if games being all about grown men/boys flirting with virtual underage girls isn't "creepy", what is?

This is 'typical Japanese thing is typical' example number 5470, so I'm not exactly surprised or perturbed it exists. But calling it creepy seems to be pretty reasonable.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
I watched the trailer expecting to be underwhelmed. Unreal 4 engine. Decent environment. Great lip syncing with audio. Facial features and expressions aren't those lifeless 3D models I've come to expect. Girl is positively charming.

I can see this game being successful. Spoiler alert!--your student grows up to be the Choco Party girl. I don't know what 'and eventually "bonding" with a Japanese high school girl' is all about. But, if the VR sex suits already exist, maybe Sony will offer a plug-in for this game in the future.

I still see VR as being just another fad (like 3D TV). Hell, I remember putting on a pair of glasses and a sensor glove in 1990. I picked up a 3D modeled chalice in cyberspace! And everybody was talking about how it was the next big thing 25 years ago. But this time seems different somehow. It just isn't going away.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Ugh, whatever...typical male intellectual power fantasy over female. Now without the added risk of a restraining order or making real life human enemies! Is this a positive service in the grand scheme of things? I honestly don't know.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Xsjadoblayde said:
Ugh, whatever...typical male intellectual power fantasy over female. Now without the added risk of a restraining order or making real life human enemies! Is this a positive service in the grand scheme of things? I honestly don't know.
Welcome to the future, bear. No dealing with thr police, no paper work, no involvement with the law... unless the characters are underaged and go nude I think and just trying to cater to a fetish using VR...

WAIT!

Less physical contact?
Headset in use?
Sexual arousing images to the user simulating the brain?
Virtual to augmented reality?

The past movies have predicted this. The future is coming.

*Gasp*

SON OF A ***** ITS HERE!!

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Parasondox said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
Welcome to the future, bear. No dealing with thr police, no paper work, no involvement with the law... unless the characters are underaged and go nude I think and just trying to cater to a fetish using VR...

WAIT!

Less physical contact?
Headset in use?

*Gasp*

Wait...this is...the future?? Already?? Oh my god ohmygodohmygod! I totally have not prepared for this one bit. What does a bear need to have a chance of survival in the future?? Please don't say cybernetic implants...they interfere with, umm, bear stuff.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Xsjadoblayde said:
Parasondox said:
Xsjadoblayde said:

WAIT!

Less physical contact?
Headset in use?

*Gasp*

Wait...this is...the future?? Already?? Oh my god ohmygodohmygod! I totally have not prepared for this one bit. What does a bear need to have a chance of survival in the future?? Please don't say cybernetic implants...they interfere with, umm, bear stuff.
Wait, so you dont want to be a badass cyber bear who can hunt as much salmon as possible but in Metal Gear Solid style stealthy way, being the dominant top bear?!?

*hides contract for advance studies of animal advancement*

If its about scratching your ass against a tree, we can still allow you to do that. We arent Apple. We dont take away your basic instinct. But you will be our slave when it comes to the war against cybernetic sharks that we also created by mistake.

You will be fine. Now here are 3 shells. You know what to do with them. *wink*

wulf3n

Mar 12, 2012
Darth Rosenberg said:
Um, if games being all about grown men/boys flirting with virtual underage girls isn't "creepy", what is?
Games about grown men/boys killing hundreds if not thousands of people?

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Parasondox said:
Wait, so you dont want to be a badass cyber bear who can hunt as much salmon as possible but in Metal Gear Solid style stealthy way, being the dominant top bear?!?

If its about scratching your ass against a tree, we can still allow you to do that. We arent Apple. We dont take away your basic instinct. But you will be our slave when it comes to the war against cybernetic sharks that we also created by mistake.

*Frowns suspiciously over wooden glasses*
Was that...was that a contract for advance studies of animal advancement stuffed hastily into your underpants?? The seal (non-animal variety) is unmistakable.
Badass cyber bear capable of hunting everybody's salmon does sound like something that will get me a lot of fembears in my cave. Count me in! Those apple trees ain't gonna see this ass coming!

And these are pretty good shells...they'll make a lovely paperweight for all my unrolled toilet roll for those breezy days. :D

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
wulf3n said:
I assume (given you didn't elaborate) you're referring to the commodification of violence and murder much of the world has going on, and its rather senseless 'violence okay, sex/nudity bad' stance? If so; great, but that has no bearing in this instance on whether or not the normalisation of perving at schoolgirls should be considered creepy or not.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
I've seen creepier Japanese Games that will never make it to consoles.
This feels pretty generic.
To the point that maybe I would reconsider playing Bully.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Xsjadoblayde said:
Parasondox said:

*Frowns suspiciously over wooden glasses*
Was that...was that a contract for advance studies of animal advancement stuffed hastily into your underpants?? The seal (non-animal variety) is unmistakable.
Badass cyber bear capable of hunting everybody's salmon does sound like something that will get me a lot of fembears in my cave. Count me in! Those apple trees ain't gonna see this ass coming!

And these are pretty good shells...they'll make a lovely paperweight for all my unrolled toilet roll for those breezy days. :D
And sign here, here, paw print here and sign here. Once that is done, we will get started on Total Domination steps towards world peace.

Err.. sure, thats what they are for? *Laughs loudly*

saltyanon

Sep 18, 2013
Darth Rosenberg said:
wulf3n said:
I assume (given you didn't elaborate) you're referring to the commodification of violence and murder much of the world has going on, and its rather senseless 'violence okay, sex/nudity bad' stance? If so; great, but that has no bearing in this instance on whether or not the normalisation of perving at schoolgirls should be considered creepy or not.
You sound like this is your first encounter with Japan. Everything's fair game as long as it's fantasy. Otherwise you wouldn't have hotels that let women sleep with their husbandos staring right at them, or Free, or any of the fujobait that's been coming out. This shit is no less creepy than those. Everything's a fetish, and everything can and will be sexualized.

wulf3n

Mar 12, 2012
Darth Rosenberg said:
wulf3n said:
I assume (given you didn't elaborate) you're referring to the commodification of violence and murder much of the world has going on, and its rather senseless 'violence okay, sex/nudity bad' stance?
pretty much.

Darth Rosenberg said:
If so; great, but that has no bearing in this instance on whether or not the normalisation of perving at schoolgirls should be considered creepy or not.
You didn't ask whether or not the normalisation of perving at schoolgirls should be considered creepy or not but rather if that isn't what is. Hence my answer.