Creepy Unexplainable things that have happened to you.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
ElephantGuts said:
Very true. Which is why I still don't believe it. Or atleast, I don't believe it's some sort of supernatural or powerful omnipresent AI-related issue. Your friend is probably screwing with you.
No, there was no way he could have done it. Besides when Kyle was in the bathroom, we were in each other sights the entire time. If any one of us showed signs of shenanigans, the other two would have caught on.

Someone else proposed a remote-desktop application being run on the computer, which is very plausible, though I don't know who would have executed it.

C0nn0r666

Oct 19, 2008
EcoEclipse said:
Go get an attention span, this is a long one.

Sometime last year, or early this year, I can't recall... Well, sometime I was spending the night over at my friend Kyle's house. My other friend Weston was there too. Anyways, we were having a normal time, playing some Saints Row 2 when suddenly freaky suspenseful music stares playing. It catches us all off-guard, and Kyle pauses the game. The music continues to play, and we hear it coming from his computer room. Upon inspection, we discover that Kyle's music-making program was running, and a file he'd never made was playing. At first Weston and I though Cory, Kyle's brother, was messing with us. But Cory had been kicked out of the house for having a party or something. His parents were upstairs, and we would have known had they come down and used the computer. Oh, but it doesn't stop here!

We close the music making program... to find Notepad open. A message written... I remember it clearly.

"Error

-SI"

So now, I'm ready to shit bricks. We reply by writing another message in Notepad, asking who wrote it. I don't know how we came up with that brilliant idea, but we tried it. Kyle heads for the bathroom, and the "SI" writes back. Nobody touched the keyboard. We looked at the keyboard. NOTHING was tapping the keys, and the keys weren't moving. "I am Superintendant," or something like it. This is where it gets freaky as hell. We asked if it meant the Superintendant from the Halo universe. It said yes. We asked if it was a part of Bungie. It said yes. Kyle finishes in the bathroom and we're all like "Dude what the fuck is going on?!" At this point I believe the mouse cursor on screen started acting of its own accord, attempting to shut down the computer. Because we were retarded and felt like investigating further into this, we prevented it from doing what it wanted.

After the third time it tried to turn itself off, we let it. Prior to this point the "SI" had responded to us in very vague messages, one having to do with watching New Mombassa. (At which time it did not respond for a while.) It even drew the Superintendant icon in Paint, perfectly I might add. We wrote messages in Paint, and it understood. It wrote back with the pencil tool, even. It knew our names. It told us to crouch 100 times on the windows of the Pelican in the Valhalla map. Oh, but not Kyle! Just me. Just Weston. It gave us specific orders, and only to us. We did so, and nothing happened. So after turning itself off, we relaxed and began playing more games, as gamers often do...

"Come here. Come here. Come here. Come here."
Over, and over, and over. The computer was on again. The music making program was running again, and the text to speech box was open, with the words "come here" typed in. The button to activate the computer-voice didn't show signs of being clicked, and stopped speaking once we were in the room. Notepad was up, and it was writing more messages to us. Since the program was up, we asked if it could compose a song for us. It agreed. We were being nice, after all.

Oh boy, did it ever make a song. A song from Banjo Kazooie, to be exact. I've never played it, but Kyle confirmed it was from one of those games. Soon after, we heard nothing, read nothing, and saw nothing more of the alleged "SI."

Not until June, this year. Kyle and I have a website we created for our joint channel on YouTube, GROUPStudios. It has one member, and four Mods. Who are the Mods? Kyle, Weston, and I. Oh, and IIIIlll. Bungie forum members may recognize that as the username the Superintendant uses. Mhm. Somehow the thing got ahold of the Administrator password, and put a ton of code on our main page in News boxes. One of them looked like a conversation log between military officers. One was in binary. Kyle translated it, and it was a block of text, displaying all of the SI's many catchphrases. Over and over. Kyle and I were discussing the issue over AIM, and concluded that we should delete the Super's account. Upon this revelation, I reloaded the main page to see a new thread had been made! It was titled "DON'T DO IT," by, who else? Username IIIIlll.

Here's a link to the thread. Oh, and when you get to the post where he offers exclusive wallpaper, he really did. Three wallpapers. I'd share them with you lovely Escapists, but he told us it was not to be disclosed to the public ;)
http://groupstudios.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/823488-don-t-do-it

That last post on the thread is the last we've heard from him... So far. *Ominous music*
i actually lost my internet conection when i clicked on the link

puppydogvaan

Mar 26, 2009
Nothing paranormal here, but I was genuinely scarred mentally by the experience.

I was walking through a park by my neighborhood with my sister, near Easter time, and one of my neighbors had a blow up lawn ornament several feet tall in the shape of the Easter Bunny. We were walking through the grass, in the dark, when she suddenly exclaims, "What's that weird rabbit?" meaning the lawn ornament.

I couldn't see the lawn ornament from where I was and thought she meant an actual live rabbit. All I could think was that she had seen a rabbit, but one that was deformed, twisted. A freakish, hellish creature and it was on the ground and in the grass and by my feet and in the very next moment it would touch me. I screamed, "Where?" and she told me. I could never explain to her what I had thought.

Ever since that night I have been terrified of rabbits on the ground. In cages, in pictures they are cute. When they are on the ground they freak me the fuck out. I fucking hate rabbits now.

Fenrir45

Mar 21, 2009
the protaginist said:
I've got two:

1. I was just about to fall asleep, when my alarm clock started beeping. it was in my closet, and it's one of the ones that gets louder the longer you ignore it. oh, and it WASN'T FUCKING PLUGGED IN. nor were there batteries in it.

2. I was sleeping, when all of a sudden i was slapped in the face. no one else was home.
I tend to get that slap in the face while sleeping and noone else home at least a few times a month. Wakes me up when I need to do something that I forgot about. When I was 6 I had a night terror with that creepy smiling dog runing full bolt at me man I was scared shitless it actually ran into me knocking me over(I was sitting up at the time somehow).

Goldbling

Nov 21, 2008
God, why did I read this post? I live in Texas nothing ever happens here unless you lie about it.

Emeli

Mar 9, 2009
When I was about ten there was a catastrophic landslide at Thredbo, a lot of people died, there was massive destruction. My mum and I both remember as clear as day how they showed a picture of one of the hotels that had been destroyed on the tv , there were three people unaccounted for, and I pointed to the bottom floor.

"There's a man trapped down there, bottom left, in the water."

It took the emergency crews three days to find him, but they did. The other two were dead, but he had been trapped, half submerged, under the rubble of the hotel.

I don't know how I did it, but I knew he was there.

masher

Jul 20, 2009
not really creepy but...

a while back, it was in the afternoon. The family was in the living room. I was walking toward the kitchen when all of the sudden, it feels like time just paused, and the house starts to rapidly shake. As if the whole house was like a game controller with the rumble feature on. Time just froze, with my leg still in the air in mid-step, as the house rapidly rumbled. It probably only lasted a second or two, but it felt like several minutes. The neighbors claimed that a small tornado went over the house but I don't know.

That an I used to have a recurring dream where the land-scape would pass by at a fast pace. going over bumps, occasionally through some odd bard-like structure, and so on in first person view. It looked like some watercolor painting. There were always two large rolling boulders or gigantic logs rolling with me. My heart was always beating furiously, to an uncomfortable level. I would always be afraid that the logs or boulders would smash into me. It was just...weird...and I hated it.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
I was lying in my bed and it was like 2 or 3 AM, when I hear two people talking and walking on the gravel (You've got to know: the closest house here is like 25 metres away) and I heard them talking IN FRONT OF MY WINDOW. I dismissed it as a bad dream but when I woke up I found that my brother had heard people knock on the door..

To this moment we still don't have a fucking idea what the hell happened..

deletemeplease107

Oct 15, 2008
Cortheya said:
A few minutes ago I heard a sound like a sharp inhale coming from outside, yet no one was there
EDIT: this happened repeatedly over the course of a few minutes.

Aliens are watching.

SenseiTG

Jul 11, 2008
True story:

I don't remember much from this time, but there is this dream/real event from when I was living at Gymnast st. 27 (moved away age 5) that I remember vividly.

Don't know what parts are dream/reality but here goes how I remember it:

I was dreaming that someone bad was standing next to my bed - so I woke up very scared to a pitch black room and as I turned around I could clearly make out the figure of a person standing next to my bed. I couldn't see his eyes, but damn I could feel him watching me... I didn't scream, but terrified I grabbed my blanked and ran to my parents room where I eventually fell asleep.

Not too scary, as I've always dismissed this simply as the most real dream I've ever had. Few years ago I was at a party with a bunch of people I really didn't know very well. Some of us ended up in the bedroom talking about nightmares and scary events, all in good fun. Then one of the girls started telling a story of a dream that was very realistic to her - and it went like:

-"I was dreaming that someone bad was standing next to my bed - so I woke up very scared to a pitch black room and as I turned around I could clearly make out the figure of a person standing next to my bed. I couldn't see his eyes, but ..."

I was like -"Holy sh-t! That's prolly not the most uncommon dream but I just gotta tell you that's EXACTLY the same as the one I was gonna tell"... so we got to talking about details and they all eerily matched (even the ones I've never told anyone) both ways so to say the least, we we a little bit creeped out. Turns out it also happened about the same age, roughly age 4 and we were both born the same year. So after a while, I eventually asked here where she was living at that time, and she replied -"Gymnast st. 27".

No kidding.

wazzaman

Jan 6, 2009
once when i was young i woke up early in the morning and it was a school day so i decided to o wake up my parents to get ready.. but when i got near my door i saw the grim reaper standing there... he was just standing there and that's it. I didn't feel the least bit scared, but i was just looking at it(him?) and it was like i friggin statue, so i kept looking but nothing happened.. so i walked towards it and it disappeared.. i was wide awake the whole time and never remember waking up or going back to sleep...

kickin wiing

Jan 5, 2009
Well, its 3:30 am here and I don't think I'll be getting to sleep, partly because of this thread. So I might as well explain my creepy story.

A few years back I woke up at about 5 am because I could hear my mother and her boyfriend, at the time, getting ready for work. I could see into the kitchen from my bed and saw my mother getting her coffee, cereal, ect. Then I saw my mothers boyfriend following her around the kitchen as she did her tasks. My mom walked into my room and put my clean laundry on my dresser. Meanwhile her boyfriend was standing in my door way waiting for her. He almost looked like he was wearing a sweatshirt with the hood up. As my mom exited my room, so did her boyfriend.

During this whole process I was in a groggy, half asleep-half awake state.

When my mom got home later that day I asked why her boyfriend followed her around all morning. She then told me that her boyfriend wasn't home that morning.

la-le-lu-li-lo

Jun 1, 2009
I've been to a lot of old houses that were said to be haunted.
And have seen some odd things... I'm still skeptical.
the protaginist said:
2. I was sleeping, when all of a sudden i was slapped in the face. no one else was home.
&& This would freak me out, big time. :O

The_Healer

Jun 17, 2009
speidel28 said:
The_Healer said:
When the tv just turns onto static without me turning it on. (tv was off before)

Happened a few times... not particularly bad but i've seen the ring a few too many times.
how many days has it been
Sigh... Yet again the movies got it wrong.

All she wanted was a hug.

Halfbreed13

Apr 21, 2009
Suiseiseki IRL said:
speidel28 said:
Suiseiseki IRL said:
During my school district's "Prank Week" several students from South High were in the habit of nabbing North High students (my school) off the street, taping them up, and dropping them off in front of North High.

Well one afternoon a van pulls up to the curb. Two people jump out, grab me, pull me into the van, close the door, and drive off. They then wrapped my feet and arms in duct tape and covered my mouth. They then decided to pass me around like a joint, taking turns groping me and laughing while doing it. Five to ten minutes later the door slides open and out I'm tossed in front of the school.
didnt u even try to fight them
My arms and legs are bound and being held. There was nothing I could do but just lie back and accept it.
The fuck?
Did you sue?
A school nearby also hazed kids and now one is suing for a mil+
They should be expelled for that kind of shit.

MrDeano89

Jul 1, 2009
AkJay said:
Title really suggests it all.

My story, I was sleeping in bed, it was around 2AM, i could tell because there was a clock next to me, but i couldn't move, i was absolutely paralyzed. Everything seemed to have the volume turned up, every creak in the floor seemed to sound like a wrecking ball, and i remember my door opening and a shadowy figure looking at me. I just closed my eyes, and opened them again, and it was still there, i like to think i passed or maybe just fell back asleep, when i woke up my head was killing me. i still cannot explain what happened to this day.
Insanum said:
AkJay said:
Title really suggests it all.

My story, I was sleeping in bed, it was around 2AM, i could tell because there was a clock next to me, but i couldn't move, i was absolutely paralyzed. Everything seemed to have the volume turned up, every creak in the floor seemed to sound like a wrecking ball, and i remember my door opening and a shadowy figure looking at me. I just closed my eyes, and opened them again, and it was still there, i like to think i passed or maybe just fell back asleep, when i woke up my head was killing me. i still cannot explain what happened to this day.
you had a night terror. Ive never had one but its a recognised sleep disorder.

yeah you are mostly right, night terrors generally include a hallucination though i think, ive had what this chap has had once (monday night strangely enough) and yeah it is scary but its just where you are semi concious, my paralysis only last about 7-10 seconds though, there have been reports of peoples terrors having strange visions come to them and attempt to suffocate them (records have been traced quite far back in time)

Halfbreed13

Apr 21, 2009
Deja Vu to the point where I can remember into the future and change it.
I will randomly hear a high pitched noise that is good and bad, and recently my right eye also acts up. Not really creepy. Although the high pitched shit has made me go nearly insane after not stopping for 10 minutes straight.

Halfbreed13

Apr 21, 2009
speidel28 said:
but when they jumped out and grabbed you, didnt you try to fight
What are you insinuating?
I am sure one person does not simply take on a gang of (likely) upperclassmen by themself.