Critical Miss: #17

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
That was pretty good.

But the real question IS...Is it just a boy with an unfortunate name or a girl?

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
HAHAHAHA!
That was good.

"no need fight we give gold!"
"Go buy pretty dress!"

Awesome.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
hah! i dont post on official forums any how. Never saw a reason as its always more lame than ones from the player community :p

Meemaimoh

Aug 20, 2009
I'm liking this comic more and more.

My boyfriend actually gets this already. He seems to have a hard time choosing names that can't be construed as feminine. One of his characters can be shortened to Ella, while the other is just Jaimee (his name is Jamie, short for James, but it was taken already, and he'd never heard of Jaimee as a girl's name). Poor guy.

Tirnor

Sep 3, 2009
Ok, that one needed one more panel... or one less. In fact, I would have called it a winner without the last panel. The player's response in a panel all to itself was really not required.

Overall, I liked it though. Definitely in the better half of the series so far.

- Tir

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
Please put these in the homepage somewhere,I never notice them,and stumble upon such gems only by accident.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
lol as always, being anonymous also better allows you to be an asshole online =/
but then again, when you begin to identify with your username/avatar then maybe...

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
Meemaimoh said:
I'm liking this comic more and more.

My boyfriend actually gets this already. He seems to have a hard time choosing names that can't be construed as feminine. One of his characters can be shortened to Ella, while the other is just Jaimee (his name is Jamie, short for James, but it was taken already, and he'd never heard of Jaimee as a girl's name). Poor guy.
Hey, he might just like having a little feminine flare to his online persona. It's okay, we won't judge!

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
No. Just no. If you're going to make fun of a guy for having a girl's name, after Evil Dead it can no longer be Ashley. That name is now awesome. This is twice now that you've insulted Ashley J. Williams by proxy and I won't take any more of it.

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
I was initially confused by the direction i was supposed to read it. Then I remembered it wasn't a manga :p

OT: HILARIOUS! X3 I love it ^^

Dora

Jul 13, 2009
You know, I prefer this comic when it's more about Erin and her weird workplace. That's not to say the game gags are bad, or that there shouldn't be any, but there are SO MANY comics out there that do nothing but make jokes about gaming or games themselves that it's really hard to stand out. I thought the concept of Erin reviewing games in a place with a bear and OH GOD ITS THE GIRL FROM THE GRUDGE was more interesting personally, and left a lot more room for interest beyond just repeating silly aspects of gaming culture or news at me. Just my two cents!

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Dora said:
You know, I prefer this comic when it's more about Erin and her weird workplace. That's not to say the game gags are bad, or that there shouldn't be any, but there are SO MANY comics out there that do nothing but make jokes about gaming or games themselves that it's really hard to stand out. I thought the concept of Erin reviewing games in a place with a bear and OH GOD ITS THE GIRL FROM THE GRUDGE was more interesting personally, and left a lot more room for interest beyond just repeating silly aspects of gaming culture or news at me. Just my two cents!

That's a fair point. Sadly whenever we do a pure character strip people come in and say the exacty opposite, that we should stick to gaming gags.

Generally we just try to hit on what we see as important news. The whole Real Id thing seemed like it was going to be the herald of a total shift in the way we use the net. Using anonymity to get away with being rude is one of the founding freedoms of the internet.

I also really like those heckling fucking Murlocks.

Dora

Jul 13, 2009
Grey Carter said:
That's a fair point. Sadly whenever we do a pure character strip people come in and say the exacty opposite, that we should stick to gaming gags.

Generally we just try to hit on what we see as important news. The whole Real Id thing seemed like it was going to be the herald of a total shift in the way we use the net. Using anonymity to get away with being rude is one of the founding freedoms of the internet.

I also really like those heckling fucking Murlocks.
You can't please all of the people all the time, nor should you try. :) I wasn't saying I disliked topical comics, so I hope I wasn't coming across as overly negative!

There's just a certain trainwreck of a webcomic out there about gaming journalism I hate already, so I was glad to see one I think is actually funny and unique.