Critical Miss: #33

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
OK, so we're seeing some humanity from the, I'm sorry, I have to say it, cow. I think that's probably a good thing, because the webcomics with jokes coming out of unlikable characters has been done to death, especially with a gaming theme...

Boy oh boy, though, of all the ways to make that clear, you needed to pick that one. Funny stuff.

Chubbfish

Jun 8, 2009
I could come up with many conversations which could probably top that list...unfortuantely.

also, ratings arctic monkeys reference :)

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
That just seemed like a typical student conversation. People always talked about poop whenever it came to dinner time. Much in the same way that the cat always uses the litter box when your eating.

Bevvie

Jan 24, 2009
What's sad about this is that Mr. ComicAuthorGrey actually does this to me.
Repeatedly.

:(

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
TsunamiWombat said:
Actually it's probably just in euro-style, date goes Day-Month-Year over there, instead of Month-Day-Year like here.
I thought of that, but it still skips around in time. Though maybe they are being ranked by how bad they are not date. And that would be pretty bad.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
LordOfInsanity said:
I have a boss that's like that. D: It's horrible to hear her go about 'how her bathroom time was like heaven' each day.
Funnily enough I got the idea from a supervisor at the old call centre I worked at when I was like 17.

She had to sit in on my calls for most of the day and about half way through (we didn't get many calls) she starts earnestly talking about the fact the company paid for her colonic irrigations. Then she started talking about her latest colonic irrigation. In horrific detail. I was too repulsed (and too afraid of getting fired) to do anything but -_-

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
Ok, now i don't like your main character any more or think she couls be a nice interesting person to follow.

I have to say the whole comic goes into i direction i really hadn't hoped or wished for.
I thougth it would go beyound the blood and potty humor that's so typical for many videogame themed webcomics.

Sadly it isn't.

Neferius

Sep 1, 2010
TsunamiWombat said:
Outright Villainy said:
Ah, potty humour.
We like it sophisticated at the Escapist folks! :D
Poop humor has been around since forever. Case in Point:

from Mozarts Wikipedia page

He enjoyed billiards and dancing (see Mozart and dance), and kept pets: a canary, a starling, a dog, and also a horse for recreational riding.[69] He had a fondness for scatological humor, which is preserved in his surviving letters, notably those written to his cousin Maria Anna Thekla Mozart around 1777?1778, but also in his correspondence with his sister and parents[70] (for an example, see Bölzlschiessen). Mozart even wrote scatological music, a series of canons (Leck mich im Arsch, Difficile lectu, Bona nox) that he sang with his friends.

Making this trope, older than the enlightenment.

Also, I found Erin oddly cute in this. Third panel, taking off her backpack.
Wow, this really brings me back... like to THE MIDDLE AGES!!! When every joke was about either Poop or Farts, and emptying a Chamber-pot upon unsuspecting passer-by's was considered high-class Entertainment 0:
But Hell... if the Victorians with all their stuck-up puritanism still practiced them, why shouldn't we?

...I'm curious though as to WHAT THE HELL she Eats for it to classify as a Superpower 0.Ô?

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Great so the comic has resorted to toilet humour, literally now.

I was enjoying the comic at the start but the last 4 or 5 haven't even cracked a smile. Hope it gets better as I think the comic has potential.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Wow.... giving a female character a potty mouth is a... bold move, I suppose. Kinda jarring, though...

I dunno, I just haven't encountered my female friends talk about bowel movements to any great extent! :p

The dialogue should be swopped around, I guess... or you should just bite the bullet and turn her into a dude and get it over with.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Shamus Young said:
kouriichi said:
I treat my friends to conversations nearly as bad as that.

I use the word "nearly" because my bowel movements have never been "Shaped like M"

And im really curious to what the "M" word is.
Madagascar.
I dunno. I think its Mustachio.
Thats egg with the huge mustache in Left for Dead 2