Critical Miss: #35

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
I used to be like that whenever anyone said they like RPGs and never played a FF game, the sixth being the latest installment at the time.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
The common social faux pas...laughing at something you dont understand to keep up apperances...ill admit im guilty of it too sometimes

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
Lord George said:
CaptainCrunch said:
CitySquirrel said:
Ah, but WHICH Dune, one might ask?
The most important one.

(I take this to mean the one with Patrick Stewart and Sting.)
Sting was in dune? Well suddenly I wish to see this film
Oh, he's more than just 'in it'.

<youtube=0jSPcQNy6uk>
(I could only find a non-English version of the scene.)

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
edthehyena said:
Dune isn't a must-see movie. It's a must-read book.
So true. I've never seen the film, and don't especially feel lessened as a nerd for it. I have read the book -- actually, multiple times for all six of them -- and I consider it an enriching piece of literature, period. The Dune series -- at least the three books by Frank Herbert that focused on the mix or religion and politics, rather than the mix of sex and politics -- is some of the best sci-fi ever written, right up there with the original Foundation Trilogy.

I like to pretend the ones Asimov wrote in the 90's don't exist...

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Definitely one of the best. I don't think anyone can say this hasn't happened to them at some point though. Even just regarding life in general! =P

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Good one! I agree if you have not seen all the Star Wars movies you are not human!

Im joking of course...Or am I?

Hawkeye16

Nov 15, 2009
unacomn said:
I have seen Star Wars many times, and I don't recall what a Geedo is, or if it shoots first.
Was that one of the umpa lumpas at the end?
Get out. Get out, right now.

craddoke

Mar 18, 2010
I found watching Dune (Lynch's theatrical version) a chore - I did it, but I didn't like it. The SciFi Channel mini-series was better, but it still felt like work.

The books were pure spice - and in my heightened state of awareness, I came to know the awful truth. Star Wars is to Dune like an Honored Matre is to a Reverend Mother.

Edit: I.E., a whore.

Lightslei

Feb 18, 2010
So I guess I'll nail this on the head. I never saw anything of Star Wars, much less do I want anything to do with the series. When things get hyped up so much by the fans, I despise it. There's a lot of things that fall into this category, most recently Scott Pilgrim. Although I did see LOTR when it came out, and think they're good movies, but not "must-see".

Hell the movies in my "must-see" list would have people going "What?"
1. Neverending Story
2. Pagemaster

That's the entirety of my list.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
haha XD good one.

P.s. i've never seen Dune from beginning to end. But i have seen some of the show :p

p.p.s. Still haven't seen Bladerunner :p