Critical Miss: Different Creeds

Calvar Draveir

Feb 10, 2010
Technically, Brotherhood has a decent amount of action in 2012, so it's not only in one time zone. And the animus can only show backwards in time, but you know that. Actually, the secret that getting all the glyph unlocks in AC2 shows a concept very much like what you talked about
*spoiler*

(Subject 16 reliving Adam and Eve's escape from Eden, in a very unexpected way.)

Calvar Draveir

Feb 10, 2010
Oh, and by the way, from the way the escalated things in a kinda-sorta sequel, I'm sure that if Ubisoft is given at least two more years for AC3, it's going to have more than one animus descendant, and that will be a major selling point, AND it's going to be Fricking huge. I also expect a complete combat system overhaul. Playing this game, and seeing all the minute and huge changes Ubi has made in a year for a title that was not meant to be a full sequel, but a continuation, has given me so much faith in them. At the end of the game, my mind was completely blown.

Bre2nan

Nov 18, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
You can't go into the future when the game is set in 2012, as you can only go back in Desmond's genetic memory. And I highly doubt there were Assassins in the Stone Age, besides that fact that modern humanity and dinosaurs never co-existed.
There is a way. How about you play not as Desmond in one game, but as another subject who went insane during the Animus sessions (Subject 16, perhaps). How about random hallucinations (like, perhaps, dinosaurs) start appearing during the sessions, or at least different recollections and dreams from the subject's life or past lives start blending together. I would personally want giant radioactive teddy bears to be involved, but that's just me :)

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
I like the ideas in this comic ;-)

Still, I don't see why people make such a fuss about this one being set in Renaissance Italy still - there are new characters, new locations...and they just had more story to tell. Plus Ezio is way more engaging as a character than Altair! I don't mind seeing a bit more of him ;-)

I, too, am looking forward to the next time period/main character, but I'm just as happy for the moment with more participation in the machinations and larger than life figures of Renaissance Italy - I mean, come on, we've had the Medicis, the Borgias, da Vinci, Copernicus, Machiavelli...and now we can run around Rome! =D

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
I actually like the way they handled Brotherhood.

Storytelling 101:

Wanna make something feel 'epic'? Develop a connection to the characters?
Make the story span multiple books/games/tellings.
Have the character start out simple and gradually become a leader, roping in followers.
(Suikoden, Dune, etc)

I do agree with Critical Miss on the idea of eventually broadening their horizons.

Assassins Creed: Space Assassins just sounds... totally bonkers.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
The Cheezy One said:
Zero Gravity assassinations. Did anyone else jizz at the very thought of that?
I think everyone else just did.

It's cause they wanted to develop Ezio's character a bit more or something. I think by the end of Ass Creed 2, he's freaking awesome, and I can understand why they'd want to do that.

Desert Tiger

Apr 25, 2009
I wanted Ancient Rome.

Victorian England would definitely be badass.

But I wanted something no-one would expect... like maybe WW1 Germany?

Jonesy911

Jul 6, 2009
I'm pretty sure the animus only allows you to relive your ancestor's memories, I'm pretty sure people never assassinated dinosaurs...

beefpelican

Apr 15, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
You can't go into the future when the game is set in 2012, as you can only go back in Desmond's genetic memory. And I highly doubt there were Assassins in the Stone Age, besides that fact that modern humanity and dinosaurs never co-existed.

Sorry to be a buzzkill. I actually really dig the story of the "present day" sections of Assassin's Creed more than the story within the Animus sessions. Including checking e-mail.
Unless a time traveler went into the past and did your great great great grandmother! Then the future would be in your genetic memory!
(What, it makes about as much sense as a 'genetic memory')