Critical Miss: Gran Turismo 5

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
It took me fair bit to understand what happened in the last one, then I noticed the trees....

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
zombie711 said:
oh well, the closet thing I have to gran turismo 5 now is actual driving, Hmmmmmmm, I supose it will do for now, but how am i going to drive in the opposite direction of every one else?
Perhaps on the other side of the road?

Oct 14, 2010
Haha! This almost feels like something that'd happen on Top Gear. I wonder if they'll have anything to say about the game.

uphunk114

Jun 2, 2009
NotHisRealName said:
So... what? The game's so good it now comes with gravity? I don't get this comic.
Now I'm no professional racer but I'm pretty sure ploughing through the crowd and off a cliff is a bad move. Basically the graphics are so good that it's hard to focus on the road.

someotherguy

Nov 15, 2009
Was expecting a joke in relation to how long its taking to come out in relation to getting a drivers license/permit, this was good too I guess.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Tim Latshaw said:
Haha! This almost feels like something that'd happen on Top Gear. I wonder if they'll have anything to say about the game.
They've been throwing it's name around on Twitter a fair bit, haven't seen a new episode in a while though, so can't say about the show itself.

Anyways, great comic, though I haven't had this problem just yet :p

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
I love the attention to detail on this strip. Right from the first panel you can see the poor bastards she's about to take out. And all the mirrors. I dunno, I just love little things like that.

Oh, and the joke was pretty funny, too. :D

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
It makes you wonder why they included so many cars. They could have just included one, put it on rails, and let the left stick control the camera and the right stick control the radio.

Tanzka

Jan 7, 2009
TheSniperFan said:
Played it with a friend on his PS3 and have to say, that it does not have so unbelivable graphics.
Buy a premium car and fire up photomode and come back to me again.
But yeah, on the move at 200mph it's pretty hard to give a rats ass if the graphics are nice, with my driving skills I need all my focus just to stay on the goddamn road. Not to mention the AI is a pile of vomit.

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
everything is great untill you see Jeff Gordan and realise the audience is a fuckn' cardboard cutout, can't believe they get away with this shit! Talk about uncanny valley.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
TheSniperFan said:
Tanzka said:
TheSniperFan said:
Played it with a friend on his PS3 and have to say, that it does not have so unbelivable graphics.
Buy a premium car and fire up photomode and come back to me again.
But yeah, on the move at 200mph it's pretty hard to give a rats ass if the graphics are nice, with my driving skills I need all my focus just to stay on the goddamn road. Not to mention the AI is a pile of vomit.
That's not what I meant.^^
I mean that this game didn't give me any of those "WOW-moments". The graphics, when standing still, do not really matter in a RACINGgame.
More accurate:
Like all the GT's I played, this one is so realistic, that it's unrealistic in some way (lol). It feels slow and calm, even if you drive your car with +260km/h arround a curve. In this term I think that the Arcade-Simulation-Hybrid NFS Shift is better. At least it feels faster, with it's blur and tunnelvision.
Yeah that's a problem with these types of games. We're so used to exagerated effects that realistic ones don't really work any more. That being said, the in game lighting is amongst some of the best I've ever seen. The shadow play on the cars is really nice.

All of this, however, doesn't change the fact I'm fucking awful at the game. The textures on the walls are really nice too. Know how I can tell? Because I grind around the courses with my face pressed against them.