Critical Miss: LESBIANS

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Vrach said:
Yep, noticed while googling it up - also Mozilla lit it up when I quoted ya :p
It didn't turn read until after I clicked "Send," and by then, I was like, "screw it." XD

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Macgyvercas said:
Oi! I was promised lesbians! Now deliver, damnit!

*slams fist

But yeah, if there's a joke, I don't get it.
'Use top 10 words browsed on the net to attract Audience)

'Uses Lesbians as title'

'Attracts audience'

In the under-explanation it said.

'Making out'

on top of

'Skyrim'

in

'Minecraft'

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
PsiMatrix said:
If it is about the misleading Escapist titles; yeah, that might've worked if this wasn't ON the Escapist.

Well then I'm wierd because I clicked on it because it was Critical Miss.
I think the fact that it's on the Escapist enhances the beauty of the comic, but hey, different strokes.

It was the same way with me though. I clicked the link when I saw a new Miss was up and I was pretty lost for a good minute. Then I went "ooohhhhhh!", then chuckled like an idiot.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Oh sweet! I love me some le-... Wait a minute... FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-

Took me a minute or two, but when I got it I laughed. Very good, very good indeed.

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
I saw the little easter egg in the last panel after a re-read, but it makes me think the magazine title should actually be Cosmopolitan with title grabs like that. Vogue is more of a haute couture magazine specifically for clothes you can't afford.

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
You got me. Although the LESBIANS title didn't initially draw me in. It was the making out on Skyrim in Minecraft bit. I wasn't really sure what that would look like, but it was worth a click. Funny comic, though.

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
The_root_of_all_evil said:
believer258 said:
And yes, I admittedly saw "Lesbians" and clicked. It was like an impulse reaction. If you want someone to read something, title it "Lesbian" and no matter what it's about, they'll read it.
Someone, please explain in clear, concise language for dummies.
Got it?
Hmm. How weird. I thought that was too obvious to be the joke. So, I figured it would have to be a dig at Gawker Media and their tendency to insult their readers in an attempt to troll more page hits.

karamazovnew

Apr 4, 2011
I came for the lesbians. Thank god! I'm still normal. Unfortunately I also had 3 Minecraft 1.8 tweets opened in the browser so... barely normal.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
You know, after having read the previous comic (and numerous other comics before this one), I was honestly wondering if Erin and Mol were lezzies...lotta evidence that they are, but I'll take your word that they're not. :3

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
Sometimes I feel like the only male in the world who feels no attraction towards lesbians. Seriously, why bother if you'll never get any?

JupiterBase

Feb 4, 2010
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
This comic does bring up one question you failed to answer in the subtext. Why WOULD Knuckles be fighting Bowser?
Why not? It represents one formerly titanic company and one ageing behemoth locked in a struggle for survival. or ya know it would just be cool.