Critical Miss: Stowaways #3

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
She's much calmer than I would be.. If I ever saw a pikmin in real life I would freak out and hurl it through a window.

AlohaJo

Nov 3, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
I would imagine that she actually has this weird dimension shift thing going on between the real world and the video game world.

'Course, the only basis for that is the Triforce symbol, and that it would make for a better story than just hallucinations. (Probably.)
I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that Erin's always had a tattoo of the Triforce on her left arm.

WanderingFool said:
Anyways, Im wondering who those two people in the last frame are, and why the one guy is not pleased to see them...
The blonde is Sharon, their bitchy boss (whom nobody is happy to see), and the guy in blue shirt and red tie is Ashley, a co-worker.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Lovely, though i do have to admit it is a bit difficult reading this comic when all the characters used to be very comedic, and now all serious business. Still, interesting stuff.
And it would be cool if a new Critical Miss comic comes out and it would be advertised in the "main 3" section, even for a few hours. i often don't spot it in the lower space.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
WanderingFool said:
Anyways, Im wondering who those two people in the last frame are, and why the one guy is not pleased to see them...
The blond woman is her boss/editor

they were never happy to see her
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/7801-Critical-Miss-18

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Suddenly it makes sense. The only question is, did the pikmin INSERT the interverron drip or was it trying to take it out?

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
HankMan said:
Her head is a bit M*A*S*Hed but at least her memory of video-games hasn't been Scrubbed out.
A pun involving 2 awesome Sitcoms?!

A definite WIN good sir.

Ian Caronia

Jan 5, 2010
zombie711 said:
A hospital drama with videogame references that takes place in canada? SIGN ME UP.

but in all seriousnes Im a little confused what going on here.
It looks like the crash gave Erin some brain damage and she's seeing videogame characters everywhere. I think this is meant to be a piece on that study that was recently released on videogamers and how sometimes people will correlate reality to a videogame, or see game items and objects in real life.

Either way, this is making me chuckle a bit, but I'm really worried for Erin and the gang. :(
What made them crane the car like that? From the looks of it Eliot was behind the wheel...

scienceguy8

Sep 1, 2008
HankMan said:
Her head is a bit M*A*S*Hed but at least her memory of video-games hasn't been Scrubbed out.
All she has to do is head back to her House and take it easy for a couple days.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
AH! I UNDERSTAND WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW!

...Please tell me there isn't a miscarriage subplot imminent.

jerrrry

I Miss Doraleous.
Oct 26, 2009
I was guessing she was at/on her way to a con of some sort, hence the cosplaying link that they crashed into (or crashed into them). Yes, she was a little confused when she woke up, probably not remembering the accident and being a little thrown seeing link. She may be hallucinating a bit with the pikmin.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
bleachigo10 said:
So I guess she's hallucinating and seeing video game characters? Let's hope one of the more murderous characters doesn't show up. Also, I love that dress. Where can I get one?
If the murderous characters do show up that could be interesting. Not that I want harm to come to her. Maybe the good characters have to fight the bad ones to save her?

Also, I hope they tell us how the crash happened.

Bluecho

Dec 30, 2010
So wait, this comic actually has a plot now? And here I thought it was just a series of nonsequeter references of popular games released at the time. :D

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
lacktheknack said:
AH! I UNDERSTAND WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW!

...Please tell me there isn't a miscarriage subplot imminent.
Repeated. Hopefully the artists are alright, though. If they (hopefully) are, I see some kind of surreal Doomsday Arcade/Critical Miss crossover...they're invading, and she's having visions of it coming!

ho Huios tes Moiras

Aug 24, 2010
AlohaJo said:
snip

The blonde is Sharon, their bitchy boss (whom nobody is happy to see), and the guy in blue shirt and red tie is Ashley, a co-worker.
Ashley is specifically an asshole co-worker, so nobody is happy to see either of them.
AlohaJo said:
I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that Erin's always had a tattoo of the Triforce on her left arm.
Yes, she has always had the triforce tattoo on her wrist. Also a little star and rainbow one on her thigh.

I kinda just realized last week that I hadn't read the earlier comics, so I ran through the entire archive. These details are still fresh in my memory as a result. Kinda makes me want to see the hospital's reaction if Charles tries to visit Elliot and Erin in the hospital, seeing as Charles is a bear (with a degree from Harvard Law).

Bluecho said:
So wait, this comic actually has a plot now? And here I thought it was just a series of nonsequeter references of popular games released at the time. :D
It is mostly a series of non-sequitur game references, but within a framework where Erin is a game journalist, so she has co-workers, a boss, and a best friend/roommate (not entirely certain what Mollicent is). Occasionally storylines crop up, like "Children of Steam"/"God Emperor of Steam," and the creators did give us warning in the notes below the strip before this arc began that a storyline was about to begin.

thefreeman0001 said:
is there gonna be one of those strips where the character rediscovers there love of video games after become a bit amnesica coz its shaping up that way seeing as how she doesnt recognise a pikmin.
That or she's just confused at seeing one crawling over her wrist...

Also, it's been a while since I saw it, and I only played a tiny bit, so I may be completely wrong here, but does the first comic in this arc remind anyone else of the beginning of Eternal Sonata?

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
Kopikatsu said:
'Course, the only basis for that is the Triforce symbol
She's always had that. It's a tattoo she has. If you look in other comics you can see it there too.

As much as I loved the random comics about whatever game you happened to make fun of, these continuation ones make me so much more eager to read them. Can't wait for the next one!