Critical Miss: The Catherine Experience

z121231211

Jun 24, 2008
But the game never gave you a choice. You're forced to cheat on Katherine with Catherine.

And that's why I can't have nice things don't get this comic.

Ian Caronia

Jan 5, 2010
Just gold, man. Simply gold.
What makes it worse is when your girl and her best friend are over and watching you play. Dear God... The pressure...

Also: Reptar!

Ian Caronia

Jan 5, 2010
z121231211 said:
But the game never gave you a choice. You're forced to cheat on Katherine with Catherine.

Yes, but as most pressuring girlfriends would reply, "You have the choice of enjoying it or not."

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Ahahahahaha, yes. Having a girlfriend may be a wonderful thing, but it can cause... difficulties at times.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
z121231211 said:

It'd be awesome if you did have the choice about that.

Oh, well I guess you stay with Katherine then. Are you sure? Yes. Oh. I guess you just have a normal relationship. So much for being chased by giant projections of guilt

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
z121231211 said:

A sense of literalism is inferior to a sense of humor.

Bluecho

Dec 30, 2010
Well, good thing is if you bought the game you can just play it all the way through again while she's not around. Because really, she's already seen the game through once, and she's seen how you chose monogamy the first time around rather than what comes natural during your first playthrough.

And really, you'd have already done all the choices in reverse to get the other endings anyway. Right?

Weasker

Sep 16, 2010
z121231211 said:

As far as I've seen you can't choose only the first time.
Then again, the game has too keep bringing up the moral choices all the way, so I wonder how will that play out in the story. Like, me trying to make all the good moral choices while Vincent keeps trying to run away from commitment?

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
Hahahaa, awesome. I've seen women like that. If I get the game, I'm pretty sure that my women would just encourage me to be a horrible pervert because she is one too.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Wow,I hadn't even thought of that!
I might even get it just to see my GF's reaction!

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
I admit that I would press yes just to see what would happen in real life...

Bevvie

Jan 24, 2009
GrizzlerBorno said:
Woah. What the? Is that supposed to be you IRL?

In that case.....your girlfriend has blue hair? Blue hair is a thing? As in it's not a cartoon/anime thing?
The characters in the strip look nothing like either of us. Grey and I both have brown hair. Mine being lighter than his, though blue hair would be kinda cool.

Also, I certainly wasn't staring at him, he tends to always exaggerate to the nth degree. I was quite interested in playing the game myself, and figured I'd watch to see what the game was like.

However, watching him sweat is now much more enjoyable than wanting to play the game.

loodmoney

Apr 25, 2011
I suspect that my experience with the game will be the same, except instead of a girlfriend it will be my housemate--who owns the 360--looking over my shoulder, and instead of "Cheat on your girlfriend with Catherine" it will be "Play Catherine."

Actually scrap that; I suspect that my experience with the game will be avoiding all news about it until it is released in Australia.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Well I can honestly say:

I do not get this comic. At all.

But then again, I don't get cheating either. At all.