Critical Miss: The Catherine Experience

AngelBlackChaos

Aug 3, 2010
Bevvie said:
GrizzlerBorno said:
Woah. What the? Is that supposed to be you IRL?

In that case.....your girlfriend has blue hair? Blue hair is a thing? As in it's not a cartoon/anime thing?
The characters in the strip look nothing like either of us. Grey and I both have brown hair. Mine being lighter than his, though blue hair would be kinda cool.

Also, I certainly wasn't staring at him, he tends to always exaggerate to the nth degree. I was quite interested in playing the game myself, and figured I'd watch to see what the game was like.

However, watching him sweat is now much more enjoyable than wanting to play the game.
Its always nice to see yours and Grey's commentary on it XD adds some more to the effect of the comic.

If it was my fiance playing it, i would pretend to pressure him, and start to sit closer and closer to him. This counting on my ability to not laugh when I'm teasing him. Which is like, extremely rare.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
I would hate to have a girlfriend that self-conscious over imaginary things. My cousin is like that, and I just think she's juvenile.

number2301

Apr 27, 2008
Wait a minute, there's a demo now? That's my evening sorted (if it's available in the UK)!

EDIT - Answer, no. No is isn't :(

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
This one is made of gold, thought it would be hard to surpass the ICO HD one but hell, didn't took a week... Fantastic.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Bevvie said:
GrizzlerBorno said:
Woah. What the? Is that supposed to be you IRL?

In that case.....your girlfriend has blue hair? Blue hair is a thing? As in it's not a cartoon/anime thing?
The characters in the strip look nothing like either of us. Grey and I both have brown hair. Mine being lighter than his, though blue hair would be kinda cool.

Also, I certainly wasn't staring at him, he tends to always exaggerate to the nth degree. I was quite interested in playing the game myself, and figured I'd watch to see what the game was like.

However, watching him sweat is now much more enjoyable than wanting to play the game.
Haha, I'll make a point to play this game before I find someone special, myself then. ;)

Burck

Aug 9, 2009
And people say this game isn't scary.

Imagine having her watching for an entire play-through.

MrWake

Jul 20, 2011
number2301 said:
Wait a minute, there's a demo now? That's my evening sorted (if it's available in the UK)!

EDIT - Answer, no. No is isn't :(
It didn't even have a publisher there until this morning.
Now you guys are going to get it, so that's a hidden bonus!

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
Thats just brutal, no one should have to play Catherine with their girlfriend/spouse/significant other watching.
Also, hilarious.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
Brilliant! Some guy's GF probably would buy this for him for the wrong reason. And it would be hilarious to watch. XD

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
That must be creepy realizing that someone is watching you and never blinking.

DuelLadyS

Aug 25, 2010
If I tried that, my fiance would quickly point that I have told him more than once that imaginary women are fair game. Then he'd pick all the worst options just to mess with me.

Of course, my fiance would probably be playing through Fallout 3 again before he picked up this game.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Reptar!

Anyway, I never thought about how awkward it would be to play that game next to your significant other. I suddenly have this mental image of the poor soul choosing "Yes", shriveling up like the guy from The Last Crusade, and then the girlfriend going: "He choose... poorly."

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Your girlfriend was aware that when it said "Cheat on your girlfriend..." it didn't mean her, right?
Also why is he wearing a Reptar T-shirt?

Bevvie

Jan 24, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Your girlfriend was aware that when it said "Cheat on your girlfriend..." it didn't mean her, right?
Also why is he wearing a Reptar T-shirt?
See my post above. Grey likes to exaggerate a lot.

Bevvie

Jan 24, 2009
AngelBlackChaos said:
Its always nice to see yours and Grey's commentary on it XD adds some more to the effect of the comic.

If it was my fiance playing it, i would pretend to pressure him, and start to sit closer and closer to him. This counting on my ability to not laugh when I'm teasing him. Which is like, extremely rare.
Thanks! I am still trying not to shrivel up my nose and screech like a banshee since people now think I am some sort of self-conscious shrew, however I know if I did there may be a comic about that in the future too.

Personally, I am so obsessive compulsive I would play it through as many times possible to get all the endings. Hell, if this was a game with a female lead, and two males to choose from, I'd "cheat" just to get whatever endings possible to finish the game. Looking forward to the Hakuouki game coming out yey!

I think it's cute when couples can make fun of each other and laugh a lot especially when most take life way too seriously. Let me know if you do tease him and how it turns out!

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Grey Carter said:
Critical Miss: The Catherine Experience

Forever yours.

Read Full Article
Why is it so amusing to view another person in a stressful moment, that if we were in we would be having absolutely no fun at all?
Hmmmm...Maybe people are just sick like that?
:) At any rate a fine comic. Very nice.