Critical Miss: The Catherine Experience

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Very good. Absolutely true too.

I had all of this whilst playing Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. Every woman in that game has colossal tits, a hooker outfit and severe nymphomania. That might be fine if I'm single and 13 years old, but it isn't ideal when around your disapproving partner. I took a third option and went after gay relationships with the male characters. I don't know if that put me in any better a position.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Terminalchaos said:
My gf is laughing her ass off that any girl would be so jealous insecure or confused to mistake a gamers playstyle with his/her real mores or ethics.
I for one wouldn't be with a girl that judged me on a game I play or a path I take in that game but I guess freedom of expression is just a huge passion of mine. To each their own.
Edit: The one exception I could think of would be the little sisters in Bioshock. No way I'd kill one in front of anyone, including a gf.
They say the greatest measure of a man is knowing what he would do in a situation where they do not have to face any of the consequences.

Cephei Mordred

Jul 23, 2011
maninahat said:

I had all of this whilst playing Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. Every woman in that game has colossal tits, a hooker outfit and severe nymphomania. That might be fine if I'm single and 13 years old, but it isn't ideal when around your disapproving partner. I took a third option and went after gay relationships with the male characters. I don't know if that put me in any better a position.
There's the fourth option: find someone who isn't so disapproving.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Cephei Mordred said:
maninahat said:

There's the fourth option: find someone who isn't so disapproving.
My girlfriend would disapprove of that too.

Avistew

Jun 2, 2011
You know, if I watched my boyfriend play, I'd probably encourage the more controversial choices.
"Come on, it's more fun! It's a game, who cares? That's the perfect opportunity to do things you can't do in real life! So what, you can go kill people with a sword but not cheat on your character's girlfriend?"

If I was playing though, it's another story. Whenever there are moral choices, I tell myself "I'll pick the evil ones for fun!" but in the end I'm absolutely unable to do so >.>

In other news, here is my capcha for this message:

Cephei Mordred

Jul 23, 2011
Avistew said:
You know, if I watched my boyfriend play, I'd probably encourage the more controversial choices.
"Come on, it's more fun! It's a game, who cares? That's the perfect opportunity to do things you can't do in real life? So what, you go kill people with a sword but not cheat on your character's girlfriend?"
This. Glad to see someone gets it.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
I don't need to worry about that situation. I usually pick the good choices, I feel bad for doing darker deeds. But hey, 8 endings, so I get some more variety.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
"It took you 0.00003 seconds longer to select 'No' than it should have. You can think about how to apologize to me while I call my mother."

Maybe it's the glasses, but I think Katherine is sexier than Catherine anyway.

Deathrinder

May 17, 2010
Now this begs the question...is she saying continue as in say yes so you progress the fucking story or saying continue to test him...

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
Seriously, if my significant other would get pissed because I cheat on her with a fictional character in a game, I think she might be having some issues.
Because given the chance, I'm going with Aragorn, baby, that you should realise.

Mar 9, 2009
I CALL SHENANIGANS.

You are not given that option in the demo. This comic made me want to play that demo because i was expecting to get that option. However, I found out, that was not an option given to me for the duration of the demo.

Katsura

Oct 13, 2009
Don't play this game if you have a girl friend, or better yet, play it while she is gone or at work. Right before she comes back pop in Black Ops or something.

PrinceofPersia

Sep 17, 2010
Suddenly being a bachelor is looking like a good thing. But to be honest, I'd rather take the real girl to the psychotic blonde Catherine any day of the week. Less chance of me ending up like Michael Keaton's character in Fatal Attraction.

sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
The Rogue Wolf said:
"It took you 0.00003 seconds longer to select 'No' than it should have. You can think about how to apologize to me while I call my mother."

Maybe it's the glasses, but I think Katherine is sexier than Catherine anyway.
I'm with you there, and it's definitely the glasses

Catolf

Jul 2, 2011
Cephei Mordred said:
SpaceMedarotterX said:
Huh that was my experiance with Ar Tonelico Qoga.

Except in THAT case it was the whole 'Strip underage girls to cast most powerful magic' and it was in front of family. That was ALMOST as bad as playing Kanji's dungeon infront of people.
Yeah, the Ar Tonelico series goes too far.

Anyway, turnabout is fair play. I would love to see what happens when a male centered Catherine type game comes out.
PFFT that game didn't go far enough. lol.

It did weird out my dad a bit but hell, I need my defense to go up! Take off dem clothes!