Critical Mix: 007

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Oh hey Gunny. At this point are we supposed to just take it as canon that Erin did in fact die alone? Or does the presence of her imaginary playmates indicate that she's still around somewhere to imagine them? (Or is this an entirely disconnected continuity!?)

Rect Pola

May 19, 2009
Okay... One question answered (this is EDA Rad). But look! It's passing has spawned dozens of other little questions! They're so cute. Ooo, I think one is a full on quandary!

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
Well there's no way they're still living with Erin. She'd never allow fresh fruit in the house.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
I love how Gunny's expression changes based on the angle of the panel. His helmet stays the same, but he could be smiling or frowning to different degrees depending on which direction we see him from.

It's a detail someone pointed out to me back when EDA was running, and it's nice to see it's still a thing even in simpler strips like this one.

warmachine

Hating everyone equally
Legacy
Nov 28, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
This is definitely an Erin Dies Alone story arc but the three panel slows it down too much.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Ok so I'm super confused now. I'm having a hard time telling if this is a continuation of Erin Dies Alone or more of her disassociation between games and her life, something akin to the original CM where Erin lived in a world where some video game characters did exist like the Slowbros or if this is something completely separate.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
warmachine said:
This is definitely an Erin Dies Alone story arc but the three panel slows it down too much.
Agreed. I'm glad to have them back but this is moving at a glacial pace.

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
*Gasp*, Gunny lives!! :D

The last thing to happen in EDA was Not-Fluttershy going psycho and summoning fire angels or something, right? Until shown otherwise, I choose to think she burned everyone else to a crisp, melted the evil soda factory, and Rad and Gunny were the only ones to escape her cataclysmic Reverse-Elsa moment.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
LaughingAtlas said:
*Gasp*, Gunny lives!! :D

The last thing to happen in EDA was Not-Fluttershy going psycho and summoning fire angels or something, right? Until shown otherwise, I choose to think she burned everyone else to a crisp, melted the evil soda factory, and Rad and Gunny were the only ones to escape her cataclysmic Reverse-Elsa moment.
Sorry for the spoilers but....
http://dyingalone.net/

HazardousCube

Apr 20, 2017
Let it be well known that this was the page that finally made me start reading the other comics for some basic context. If this was the plan them mission fucking accomplished.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Yay, Gunny's back!
And now, I'm getting the schedule right: new strips every Tuesday AND Thursday. Still used to coming here once a week for Yahtzee since the Mass Exodus of Content Creators.