Croteam Unveils Serious Sam HD Gameplay Trailer

Byers

Nov 21, 2008
Silly game writer, you don't mention 'Halo' and 'story' in the same sentence.

As for Serious Sam, it was nonsense, but it was epic nonsense. Especially the ending.

ZeroWarrior

Aug 15, 2008
I'd pay full retail for this. No lie. This game stands against most new age games with ease. I've played through the first and second encounter roughly 5 a piece, mostly on co-op. That game is just unbelievably fun. Who cares if it's just a slightly prettier version, it's Serious Sam. The only game to come close is probably Painkiller. Oh, and the final levels are undoubtedly some of the most memorable in any game I can think of.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Malygris said:
But that's the whole point! You just don't see that kind of epic, endless slaughter in your average FPS. You'll kill more guys in one room of Serious Sam than you will in entire levels of most shooters.
Or even than you will in entire games.

I'm glad that CroTeam is still about and I'm glad that they're putting out a revamped version of Serious Sam, if only because this is a game that isn't trying to be anything but pure mindless genocidal fun, with a very large capability for co-op play thrown in.

That and it's one of the few FPS games not involving the mafia that has the Tommy Gun as a weapon. We need more Thompsons in games...

Abedeus said:
...Too bad it's not really worth paying, if they don't add new maps/monsters/weapons, I'm not paying $50 for graphics.
They're releasing it on PC and XBLA, I highly doubt it will be $50