Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon Returns With "Sword of Destiny" Trailer

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Happyninja42 said:
gphjr14 said:
Aside from the music I'm looking forward to this.

Just one question is this some sort of prequel because I thought the original was set in the Qing Dynasty? Judging from the lack of shaved foreheads and ponytails this appears to take place during a different era of Chinese history.
Considering it will be hard to make Michelle Yeoh look like she's what, 20 years younger for the length of an entire movie, I'm guessing it's not going to be a prequel. It's likely going to be following what she's now doing after going off on her own, with the sword.
There's really no telling with martial arts movies lol. I know it's Thai but look what happen with Ong Bak 2.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
gphjr14 said:
Happyninja42 said:
gphjr14 said:
Aside from the music I'm looking forward to this.

Just one question is this some sort of prequel because I thought the original was set in the Qing Dynasty? Judging from the lack of shaved foreheads and ponytails this appears to take place during a different era of Chinese history.
Considering it will be hard to make Michelle Yeoh look like she's what, 20 years younger for the length of an entire movie, I'm guessing it's not going to be a prequel. It's likely going to be following what she's now doing after going off on her own, with the sword.
There's really no telling with martial arts movies lol. I know it's Thai but look what happen with Ong Bak 2.
I never saw Ong Bak 2, though I might've seen the first one? *shrugs* I don't watch many foreign martial arts films. Hell I don't watch many films at all these days to be honest.

I just don't think it's going to be a prequel. To me, it feels like a sequel. It's what's happening now, after she's alone, and the sole custodian of Green Destiny. That she's still dealing with her past crimes (whatever they were), and the grief of a lost loved one that she was forever unable to truly love. That's the tone I got from that trailer, it just didn't feel like a prequel setup. Yeah she mentioned her past deeds, but she also referred to them as coming back to haunt her, which would imply it's after those deeds had happened. I mean yeah, it could still end up being a prequel, but I just don't get that vibe from the trailer.

I mean come on, the poster tag line is "The past returns with a vengeance."