Crow Reboot Loses Star, Mark Wahlberg a Possible Replacement

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
First of all, Wahlberg just doesn't look the part. Not in the least.

Second, the world does not need this reboot.
There are sooooo many classics out there to defile, guys - just pick a different one, OK?

surg3n

May 16, 2011
wooty said:
WHAT!? This is the first I've heard of them remaking The Crow, which, to be honest, shouldnt be allowed to go ahead. The origional should stand on its own, even as a memory to Brandon Lee.

I hate Hollywood reboots as a whole anyway, I can only see them completely ignoring The Crows story and point in favour of sex scenes and bullshit cgi gunfights.
Indeed. Plus it is a pretty good movie, I always liked it, and dread to think what a remake would do to it. It stands beside the classic films which should never be remade, like Bladerunner.

But Mark fucking Wahlburg! - did I miss some awesome movie that he starred in, that made him look anything other than a complete douche?. He is not, and never will be fit for leading roles, not even in low budget movies, he's lucky to have what career he has already.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
I don't think this movie should be remade in the first place. Now I hope it never goes through. I like Mark Wahlberg, but this is not the role for him.

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
Whalberg is not a fit for this movie, please let him and it be. Next thing you know, we'll end up with Jason Momoa.

JezebelinHell

Dec 9, 2010
Seriously? They would consider Marky Mark for anything in this movie? I have no idea how he gets in any movies. I call him the black hole because no matter what they put him in or who they put in with him, he sucks all the talent out of the movie. The man cannot act. The people making this have issues and need to seek professional help for even mentioning his name for this. Of course even considering a remake of the movie pretty much makes that apparent. I will not waste my time seeing it. But I am sure enough people will so they can continue the butchering of good movies.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Why exactly does Hollywood think Mark Whalberg is the answer for everything? I mean, I don't think he's that bad a person or actor, but then I've never seen every film he starred in. Plus, I would think you should get an actor who can fit the character physically. I just can't see Whalberg being a thin, goth'd out anti-superhero.*

*(Never read the comics, but I enjoy the Brandon Lee film, and that's how I see the character.)

Carl Casey

Apr 26, 2011
Can we please ask then to do a different Crow story, Wild Justice or Temple of the Night or anything but to just make a cash grab remake of Devil's night.. any other crow story please. Any other host of the crow but Eric Draven, that movie was made and within our time that it doesn't warrant a remake in 10-20 more years maybe but NOT NOW!

ascorbius

Numberwanger
Nov 18, 2009
I see a Reboot-reboot coming on.

I've enjoyed a couple of his (MW) films but The Crow? Seriously?

If they're gonna reboot a move, reboot one that sucked. Reboot it and do it properly this time. Doom, I'm looking at you.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
wooty said:
WHAT!? This is the first I've heard of them remaking The Crow, which, to be honest, shouldnt be allowed to go ahead. The origional should stand on its own, even as a memory to Brandon Lee.

I hate Hollywood reboots as a whole anyway, I can only see them completely ignoring The Crows story and point in favour of sex scenes and bullshit cgi gunfights.
Agreed, wholeheartedly. I am sick and tired of Hollywoods seeming lack of creativity, these days. Remake this, Reboot that.... Its pathetic, really.

This movie should be left as is...

There is an old saying that fits quite well here:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Fursnake

Jun 18, 2009
NOOOOOOOOOO not Marky Mark as the Crow please no! Really, they need to do a Crow movie with Mark Dacascos.

(and not Channing Tatum either please for the love of all...)

K V MAN

Sep 20, 2010
you know, colin farrell would make a great crow not Mark Wahlberg, i can defiantly see him in the face paint and his size fits.

one thing is who will direct the movie, what is the attitude of the leading man in the script, the environment of the set, the cast, and the villain.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I'm mildly interested in the Crow as a remake but Mark Wahlberg? Wasn't he Max Payne? meh, what the hell: bring it on. It can't be that bad.