Crying

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
I hate to bring up graphic novels but the last time I really cried manly tears was during Symphonic Rain in the last secret ending. that was the most recent.

The most tears spemt in the shortest amount of time goes to my complete play-through of Katawa Shouji, so many god damn feels.

cswurt

Oct 26, 2011
The ending of the Futurama episode, Jurassic Bark, always gets me.
Probably affects dog owners more than you heartless cat people though.

217not237

Nov 9, 2011
I just cried today, actually. I watched Edward Scissorhands for the first time, and... God, such a sad ending!

DANEgerous

Jan 4, 2012
It is oddly I can not remember crying on matters that pertain to me directly. The most recent times had been when a friend lost a close friend I did not even know. They came to me and I know why in a seance better than they did it is that I am general fairly harsh or rather utterly blunt. It would be impossible to say what that mean in that no one here know what i mean so i will suffice to say they know I am not saying anything just because that is what i "should" say. It was sort of bitter sweet, I knew they came because they knew i would not comfort them... but they came to me...of all people.

the time i recall before that was a rather utterly happy moment, one of those "you are the only person that has always been by my side moments" it even lead to sex :3

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Weep? Not since I was a teenager. I've burnt out emotionally to the point that I only shed a single tear at my grandfather's funeral.

That said, sometimes a well-written tragedy can make me mist up. Haven't shed a tear since the funeral, though... well, unless you count getting poked in the eye and laughing so hard I can't breathe. Oh, and one time when I was being choked out.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Seashells, man...

Seashells...

No, no, I promised myself I'd get over this.

*deep breath*

Aaaaaaaaaand we're back!
And somehow the Renegade version of that is even more difficult to watch. I knew there's a reason I can never play Renegade Shep.

Slightly more OT: Well, recently I posted a whole bunch of emotional clips from Scrubs, a bunch of those tend to get me to choke up. As robotic as my internet persona might appear to be, I can get fairly emotional in reality.

My go-to example for these threads is always going to be the one scene from A Muppet Christmas Carol, though. The one with Tiny Tim's empty chair. Just... damn.

EDIT: Oh, also this:

was played at my grandfather's funeral a few months ago. I was okay until the trumpet started.

FishBrains

Nov 11, 2011
Hazy992 said:
I've cried quite a lot these last few months. Depression does that to ya :/
I feel it, dude. Last time I cried was a breakdown a couple weeks ago. I could tell you what set me off, but it wasn't the real reason.
Hugs and stuffed animals are still the best comfort.

Hollyday said:
watching the first 15 minutes of Pixar's 'Up'. Absolutely heart-breaking.
Everyone cried after the first 15 min of up.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I'm with you there OP, that happened to me a couple weeks ago which was when I cried last.

After hugging my wolf stuffed animal I got better, and then I went for a jog that ended up being a run.

Very cathartic that turned out to be.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
Last time I cried was a couple of months ago while watching Clannad after story. I still think it was a shit anime overall, but it had some touching moments at the end.

Quesa

Jul 8, 2009
I tear up watching movies all the time, the last time was during the Avengers (a couple non-humor related ones too, which was odd, because I had no connection whatsoever to, say, the helicarrier, not sure why that got the ducts engaged). I don't remember any specific instance of doing it before Wing Commander's opening credits scene, all of the 'first contact with the Kilrathi' dialog reminded me of pouring over the Tiger's Claw magazine past my bed time and all the lore I hadn't thought about in forever. Of course, that ended as soon as the opening credits did. First movie I ever walked out of, too. I still can't believe Chris Roberts was actually involved with that.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
Last time I teared up, was when I realized that I'll probably have to sell my computer, and my vintage car just to survive the next year or so, even working two jobs and doing various other things for money on the side, like lawn work or odd jobs...

I love my computer, and that car is my baby...

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I think the last time was a year and 2 weeks and 4 days ago (I got a head for dates). My great grandmother died on the 7th of May last year and I was depressed for a couple of weeks and cried for 2. Because of a misunderstanding with my attendance (I had perfect attendance) at one my courses I was unable to go back home to attend her funeral.

timelordrick

May 19, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Seashells, man...

Seashells...

No, no, I promised myself I'd get over this.

*deep breath*

Aaaaaaaaaand we're back!
That wan't the part that got me. I lost at... The prayer.

"His wish was for you"

deidara

Nov 23, 2011
The last time I remember crying was when I was a child, watching the first pokemon movie. Quality stuff.

OutofMind634

Apr 28, 2010
I had three hard cries after my grandmother died about a month ago. It wasn't until I listened to a song that my emotions poured out. Let's just say I haven't listen to The Cure in a long time for a reason.

Plus, beautiful classical and orchestral scores can get me teary eyed such as "The Symphony of Sorrowful Songs" and the "Ave Maria."

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
In the Valley of the Dying Sun, by House of Heroes was the last thing that really made me cry out of sadness.

Anything else is just frustration at a game that I'm getting completely massacred at.

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
manic_depressive13 said:
Last time I cried was a couple of months ago while watching Clannad after story. I still think it was a shit anime overall, but it had some touching moments at the end.
I'm not entire sure whether I should watch this one. Opinions seem to differ greatly.

OT: I just finished watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica, so yeah... Didn't cry or anything, but it made me mist up a lot and leave me a bit depressed.