Crysis 2 has been leaked, is even now being pirated by thousands of unscrupulous souls.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
So, this happened. [http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/02/11/an-actual-crisis-crysis-2-leaked/]

More than a month ahead of release. Singleplayer, multiplayer, online authentication key. Good grief. Makes me feel sorry for the gents at Crytek right now... but even more so for the person who did it, once they catch him.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
You see, how does this help anyone? There's already a demo so you can't use the "try before you buy" excuse.

This is literally just for those looking for a free lunch and all it does is convince the industry that further anti-piracy restrictions are necessary, which leads to Ubisoft DRM. Do we want that again?

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
If it's a copy that was ready to go golden, then that's certainly a very serious problem for the PC sales. They probably can't even push the official release forward all that much, and much interest will have died down in 1½ months when the entire game is illegally available now.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
This angers me greatly as a PC gamer, and makes me wonder if there will even be a Crysis 3 with this kind of shit happening. I can understand exactly why they went multiplatform if this kind of stuff is going to presist. Although I have to wonder who the hell leaked it, couldn't have been some gamestop employee because I doubt they would ship the game a month and a half before release.

Hell, someones gonna get fired because I wouldn't be surprised if it was some idiot employee or the janitor or something. I really feel sorry for Crytek, they don't deserve this after putting so much effort into a sequel of one of my favorite shooters ever.

Still buying the game, and hope something awful happens to these pirates.

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
It was never a case of if, but when. Although I'm surprised they've got it down this quickly.

Just had to refresh the fucking captcha about 10 times to get a legible one. How much longer is this shit going to stay around?

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
This is sad. Can't Crytek just shut down the authentication servers and make a new master key? It's more work but not completely unfixable (in theory anyway, I probably have no idea what I'm talking about)

But to be honest, I'll be keeping my eyes open for opinions on the single player. If the amount of focus they've been giving to multiplayer is any indication, it will likely blow chunks

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
I wonder how this will affect their sales. Most major releases are leaked these days so we'll see.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I feel bad that I laughed at this. Oh dear...

Maybe this shouldn't be taken so lightly. CryTek is going to be very mad, and please, PLEASE don't make them lose support for the PC. I still dream of playing Timseplitters 4.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Fr said:
anc[is]This is sad. Can't Crytek just shut down the authentication servers and make a new master key? It's more work but not completely unfixable (in theory anyway, I probably have no idea what I'm talking about)

But to be honest, I'll be keeping my eyes open for opinions on the single player. If the amount of focus they've been giving to multiplayer is any indication, it will likely blow chunks
Yeah, I'm thinking they can disable the multiplayer for the pirated copies pretty fast. The singleplayer, though... it's gone. No putting that back in the box.

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
tomtom94 said:
You see, how does this help anyone? There's already a demo so you can't use the "try before you buy" excuse.

This is literally just for those looking for a free lunch and all it does is convince the industry that further anti-piracy restrictions are necessary, which leads to Ubisoft DRM. Do we want that again?
The game hasn't been released so nobody can claim the retail version suffers from crippling anti-piracy problems, the demo is available so people don't need to pirate to 'try'.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Even if it is out, insanely stupid to even try pirating now. Bet your ass they are going to be watching these guys like crazy to find out who they are and sue.

TeH PizZa Guy

Apr 6, 2010
Why?
Why can't people just wait?
Why do pirates ruin everything just for the sake of it?
Why did this happen?

This is beyond bad, this is horrific and disgusting. True art is made with care and effort. Pirates just come in, steal it, and call it theres just because they hold it.
Anyone how downloads it NOW is a thief, and deserves every punishment.
It makes me sad, to think people can reach suck low points and be proud of it.
Full price for me.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Meh, they kinda deserve it with the miniscule amount of effort going into their games. Maybe they should just work in the CGI industry, then this stuff won't happen.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Has the game even gone gold yet? I'm pretty sure multiplayer's still being tweaked too.

If so, what's the point? Fucking morons.

PoisonUnagi said:
Meh, they kinda deserve it with the miniscule amount of effort going into their games. Maybe they should just work in the CGI industry, then this stuff won't happen.
What evidence is there to that there's no effort in their games? From a technical standpoint alone there's plenty of effort. And how does anyone deserve to have something they've worked for ~2 years on stolen?

Congratulations, you've won most perplexing comment of the week.

AnonymousTipster

Jun 10, 2010
Holy shit!

Bet Crytek's happy they're also releasing this game on PS3 and Xbox360.

But basically this is just going to lead to even more punishing DRMs.

marco75

Feb 15, 2008
I'm out of the PC upgrade cycle; Would be getting this for XBox 360 (it sits next to my PC and uses the same monitor), if I can afford it (despite strong AUD, new AAA titles for 360/PS3 cost ~$100-120, which means I just wait 6 months.

Consoles get modchipped, but most of them aren't. Modchipping is expensive and difficult, so most people don't bother. Those that do just enjoy the technical challenge. I know a dude who modchipped his Wii to work with external HDD, and still buys new games at retail. He just likes trying them out.

Shit, I even bought No More Heroes, and I don't even own a Wii... just so I could see Suda51's latest creation at a friend's place... after Killer 7, it was like paying for an art exhibition.

Ima842

Jan 8, 2011
Ouch, this is seriously bad for the pc gamers.
-Seraph- said:
I really feel sorry for Crytek, they don't deserve this after putting so much effort into a sequel of one of my favorite shooters ever.
I agree with you, and i'm probably buying it on ps3 (i'm saving my money for portal 2)
Edit: does anyone knows if there is a ps3 or pc demo?