Crysis Patch Cancelled, Sequel Announced

ccesarano

Oct 3, 2007
Melaisis said:
Anyway, it seems that - unlike the majority of this thread - I seem to be the minority in the sense that I've actually had the distinct pleasure to play this game on a PC which is capable of running it (not my own, though). Crysis, in a word, is superb. People say that its not all about the graphics? Well that's true, but they certainly do (alongside the grotesquely good physics) make for a far more enjoyable and fun game, rather than depthy.
I dunno. Every time I saw a gameplay video, the physics and graphics sure looked impressive, but the gameplay seemed bland. My roommate got the game, and I frequently checked in and watched him play, and I heard the same thing I've heard from most people who played it: the beginning kicks ass, but then the aliens show up and its meh. You don't even need to make use of all your suit powers (which is also just poor game design). What I saw honestly didn't make me wish I had a computer that could run it, just made me think "uh huh, enjoy your game that still runs a bit choppy on lowest graphic settings and at least starts well. I'm gonna go play one of my 20 excellent games for 360 that run without a hitch and are fun the entire way through" (though I worded it in such a way as he's constantly bugging the shit out of me about how "PC games kick console ass" and such).

Also, I'm honestly not that surprised about a sequel so soon, now that I think about it. These are the guys who made FarCry, a game hyped for its visuals, turned out to be disappointing, and got a million and one sequels that ranged from meh to vomitous.

marvinn

May 19, 2008
The requirements for the game suck

The gameplay also sucked

Yeah, I saw a pirate version up on a torrent site ready for download, but after playing the demo, I decided that you'd have to be brain-dead to enjoy that game, so I didn't bother.

Pirate my ass, which idiot would even want to bother with pirating Crysis.

Sequel will suck too.

Kedcom

Feb 15, 2008
I got Crysis (to play on my hypothetical super computer from SPACE!) and it's pretty fun. Doesn't really break new ground quite as much as hoped but quite engaging.

But as noted it gets a bit irritating when you're just fighting against the aliens. They're not really fun enemies. (Especially that evil one on the aircraft carrier that constantly freezes you for like 30seconds at a time. That seriously grated.)

But hey, gotta love shooting down palm trees right? :p

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
I don't know why this is seen as a bad move on their part. Crysis isn't a game, it's a tech demo with a generic FPS engine tacked on like an afterthought. Releasing a patch for it wouldn't make sense.

Oh-Wiseone

Jun 9, 2008
Well maybe its death will serve as an example to other developers that great graphics don't equal great sales.

ucciolord1

Mar 26, 2009
Um.... Crysis Warhead was an expansion....
And it was pretty great....
But yeah, doesn't make sense that they canceled the patch.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
ucciolord1 said:
You know what else doesn't make sense? Why you necro'd this thing.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
ucciolord1 said:
You necro'ed a thread from June 2008.

Think about what you just typed =p

ucciolord1

Mar 26, 2009
Rusty Bucket said:
ucciolord1 said:
You know what else doesn't make sense? Why you necro'd this thing.
ansem1532 said:
ucciolord1 said:
You necro'ed a thread from June 2008.

Think about what you just typed =p
Sorry. I was just looking around and forgot my manners...
*stabs self repeatedly*
EDIT:actually yeah, after reviewing my Forum etiquette I have found that this was indeed, a dick thing to do. sorry.

ucciolord1

Mar 26, 2009
ansem1532 said:
ucciolord1 said:
Not a dick thing to do, but rather just..odd.

Its fine, I just found it funny =p
Thanks.
It's just that afterwards, I decided to actually read the posting rools, and found that necro'ing was frowned upon.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
ucciolord1 said:
Thanks.
It's just that afterwards, I decided to actually read the posting rools, and found that necro'ing was frowned upon.
Accidents happen, it's ok =3