Crysis Remastered announced.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Everything is remastered these days. Good thing I didn't get too invested in gaming till the end of 7th gen.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
This is it- the point where remasters have officially gone too far. Like WTF is there in Crysis that's so long in the tooth it needs a remaster anyway? That thing will look cutting edge for the next 50 years. This is just a blatant cash grab.

Remaster games that actually need it. Not a game that's under 10 years old

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Squilookle said:
This is it- the point where remasters have officially gone too far. Like WTF is there in Crysis that's so long in the tooth it needs a remaster anyway? That thing will look cutting edge for the next 50 years. This is just a blatant cash grab.

Its not just about Graphics.

Crysis 1 can be a bit janky by today's standards. Animations look clunky and can use some tunning. Bugs need to be fixed, a trying to maintain a better framerate, etc.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Samtemdo8 said:
Squilookle said:

Its not just about Graphics.

Crysis 1 can be a bit janky by today's standards. Animations look clunky and can use some tunning. Bugs need to be fixed, a trying to maintain a better framerate, etc.
I fail to see how any of those could not have been fixed in post release patches of the original game.

No wait- scratch that. I fail to see how any of those could not have been fixed before the game even first released. You know, quality control. Instead of making idiots buy a game twice.

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
Squilookle said:

Well first off it's 13 years old so.....there is that.

This might just be a case of giving people the chance to play it who didn't get to play it last time.

The game released on PC only at first and it required a fucking monster computer to actually play. Which meant that a lot of people didn't get to play it. It came out on 360 and ps3 4 years later but it kind of flew under a lot of radars.

So maybe they just want to give it a rerelease and see if people still give a shit about the series. perhaps it's an industry test to see if there is market for another game.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
As much as i loved Crysis 1. I actually think despite being PC excluive it play more like console FPS.

I mean you have regen health, aim down the sight, cinematics, second half is extremely linear, too easy even on delta. and on and on.