Crysis Rumored for Xbox 360

enriquetnt

Mar 20, 2010
The game itself is pretty mediocre, the graphics are beyond belief whit the right hardware and consoles dont even come close, (where talking 4 gigs ram, 1 to 2 gig video, extreme high-res texturing, and 10 times more poligons on screen at once than anithing ever released on consoles so far) i havent checked the dx11 upgrade on c2 but the base c2 they launched didnt even come close to the fully pimped c1

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
I did recently buy it for PC, albeit I had to turn everything down to it's lowest settings to get it to work.

I'd buy it again.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Deshara said:
And here comes the people bitching about how they ruined it for the console...
Actually, this is the first thing that popped into my head. All the people complaining crysis 2 was dumbed down visually for consoles will have to eat their words if this manages to get onto consoles

Sacul

Sep 27, 2009
Uber Waddles said:
Baneat said:
SupahGamuh said:
Well, considering that the first Crysis and it's standalone expansion Warhead were pretty great, this is great news for console users, better late than never, right?.
If you have crysis, plug a 360 controller in and try to play. It's awful.

Doesnt change the fact that the game was pretty god awful to begin with. It wasn't fun- it was pretty much just a game company beating off to how shiny and realisitic they could make a peice of brush. Ooooh.

Control functionality is something that a lot of PC gamers are very loud about. To be honest, a controller is just more comfortable and fluid to me. I get it, you dont get macros, and a lot of you claim that a mouse and keyboard is more accurate, but I'm not buying it. I can hit a target far better on a console game than any of its PC counterparts. The controller arguement is just a weak reassurance that needs to be gotten rid of.
I'm going to assume you are a console gamer primarily because I doubt that anyone who has played FPS games on a PC for awhile could argue that the mouse isn't at least a tad more accurate. Simply put, analog sticks are no where near as accurate as a mouse. This is a fact. There are people more comfortable with controllers who will always do better with them but in the end if they go against someone with a M/KB they will lose. In fact, didn't they scrap the cross-platform functionality for some game, I think it was either Halo 2 or Shadowrun, simply because PC gamers just slaughtered console players? Pretty much every console FPS also puts a bit of aim assist in to compensate for the fact that they aren't as accurate as mouses.

The keywords in your paragraph is "To be honest, a controller is just more comfortable and fluid to me."

OT: I never really liked the first Crysis, I enjoyed the second one but the first one just wasn't very fun in my opinion. I don't see how they will squeeze out particularly good graphics for the 360 especially considering the openness of the levels compared to Crysis 2.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Well, I guess someone should summon the fanboys and hand out the pitchforks.

Oh, wait. They're already showing up. Never mind then.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
I'm going to say unlikely on this one...

They've already released Crysis 2 afterall, and on multiple platforms at that - it would be incredibly odd to release the previous game and not only that but release it exclusively to 360. It just doesn't really make much sense to do such a thing.

Besides, if they did do so, it would either a) have significantly reduced graphics so that one of the only things going for the game would be null and void, or b) rebuild the entire thing on the CryEngine 2, which I think would really take too much effort to be financially viable for Crytek - it would be too much work for too little return, releasing such an old game for a single console like that.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Uber Waddles said:
Baneat said:
SupahGamuh said:
Well, considering that the first Crysis and it's standalone expansion Warhead were pretty great, this is great news for console users, better late than never, right?.
If you have crysis, plug a 360 controller in and try to play. It's awful.

Doesnt change the fact that the game was pretty god awful to begin with. It wasn't fun- it was pretty much just a game company beating off to how shiny and realisitic they could make a peice of brush. Ooooh.

Control functionality is something that a lot of PC gamers are very loud about. To be honest, a controller is just more comfortable and fluid to me. I get it, you dont get macros, and a lot of you claim that a mouse and keyboard is more accurate, but I'm not buying it. I can hit a target far better on a console game than any of its PC counterparts. The controller arguement is just a weak reassurance that needs to be gotten rid of.

The fact that its coming to the consoles is a bit of a suprise, if its full retail. Usually you dont see companys bring back an older port after they release the sequel, without some serious overhauls. Be they graphical, game play, engine, etc.

I'd expect this to be an arcade re-release if the rumors are true. Although that would probably be a rather large file. Conversely, I also expect a lot of bitching from PC gamers that this somehow diminishes the original Crysis because "the controls arent as good, the graphics are worse" and other soggy arguements to help them justify spending $2000 on a computer.

Or is that just me being cynical?
Pretty cynical, most of the complaints I had were mad people that couldn't run it. It plays well and it's fun.

And with the second it was the people that could easily run it mad because they weren't struggling to run it. Same shit, different demographic.

Both are good games, Crysis 2 has more fun gameplay and Crysis has better graphics.

+ I meant specifically Crysis as opposed to other games, there are more keybinds on it than there are buttons on controllers and it works horribly with it.

Any time you like plug a console controller in and challenge me to a scout duel in TF2 though.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
everything makes me think this is false, in technical terms and strategy terms, is a port of a 4 year old game really going to make a big splash, plus Cevat did say he had no interest in doing it

I do get the feeling that it's true

harvz

Jun 20, 2010
so...bringing games from the consoles to pc is unthinkable but vice-versa is ok? really?

i really wish that they would just start thinking of the money they would get from pc.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
dogstile said:
Deshara said:
And here comes the people bitching about how they ruined it for the console...
Actually, this is the first thing that popped into my head. All the people complaining crysis 2 was dumbed down visually for consoles will have to eat their words if this manages to get onto consoles
It will still be dumbed down visually for console.

The CryEngine 3 tech demo showcasing a Crysis 1 map had a lot of graphical effects turned way down. No AA, the draw distance for trees being very, very close, the shadows ran at about half the framerate of those found on PC.

Adam28

Feb 28, 2011
Interesting, the game can't run on my laptop so I may try the 360 port if this is true