Crytek: We'd Love to Work With Sony

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
As much as I dislike 3rd-part exclusives, you've gotta wonder what Crytek would do with the PS3's hardware.

ALSO! Make Timesplitters 4 already...that is all.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
SomethingAmazing said:
First of all, that's only if they want to go PS3 exclusive. They aren't sure of it yet.

Second, is it really THAT bad if they want to make a PS3 exclusive game? Honestly...
Oy, I went on many-a-rant on the subject of "If it's 360 exclusive, it's A-OK! If it's Ps3 exclusive, WAAHHH THEY'RE BEING STOOPID, THEY'RE MISSING OUT ON SALES OPPORTUNITIES WAHH WAHH PS3 HAS NO GOOD EXCLUSIVES YET I WANT THIS EXCLUSIVE WAHH"

Exageration? Probably, though I really don't want to get into that argument (though I partially do, maybe a PM conversation or something).

ANYWAY, it would be interesting to see how Crytek would optimize the Ps3's supposed "harder to code for architecture" and squeeze out every possible ounce of juice from it. Color me intrigued on the possibility.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
That would suck if they wrent down that avenue...it would lose them so much business from the 360 avenue...why exclude?

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Slightly off-topic, but I wonder if this engine will be used for anything hut generic shooters..
It has a whole lot of potential, and I'd hate to see it wasted. Source got Zeno Clash, so there's a glimmer of hope.
Oh, and I think the original Crysis engine had M.O.B..

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
I'm down, but it better be good. How about making Timesplitters 4 a PS3 exclusive?

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
One 360 exclusive confirmed
One PS3 exclusive talks on the table

Does no one else find this strange considering Crytek just spent about the last 4 years developing the most powerfull multiplatform game engine to now be looking at developing two seperate exculsives.

How much money must they be getting offered for this to make fiscal sence!

StephenRogers713

Pastry avenger
Jan 8, 2010
Crytek's games would probably need PS3 hard ware to look so nice on a console, but I'm really getting sick of exclusives. I personally don't have the money to buy a PS3 and there are games on it I would love to play, but they're exclusives. I really hope they don't go exclusive, from a strictly monetary view wouldn't they make more money selling it on two platforms? Even if they transfered it from one to the other well, not through some little known cheep studio?

shaboinkin

Apr 13, 2008
Plinglebob said:
JaymesFogarty said:
Well, let's just hope Crysis 2 turns out okay. I heard that some people were disappointed by the first.
People were disappointed by it because it wsa an average game attached to a fantastic graphics engine that no-one could run at its full potential. For some reason people got annoyed when they couldn't run the game on Very High and rated it badly because of it.

*fingers crossed* for Crysis 2 though.
It was pretty damn good imo. At first I couldn't play it at the high settings but I found the whole "you 4 different ways to do shit...Now go fuck some shit up" pretty well executed.
Besides, if you played Crysis: Warhead, you would know that Crysis was not as well optimized at warhead. I can play Warhead at it's highest setting with decent framerates. But if I tried to do so on Crysis, it's almost unplayable.
Warhead was easier on the system while still keeping the same exact graphics quality

With that said, I got one question bout Crysis 2...WHERE IS MAH SNOW/ICE?!?!
The whole second half of Crysis/warhead was full of snow and ice. The aliens shot you with shards of ice. I have yet to see this in Crysis 2.

Aegixx

Aug 5, 2009
Waitaminute!
I've been INTENTLY following Crysis 2 and CryENGINE 3's progress, and it has this feature called Live-Create.
Basically, the second you place something in the editor it works across all 3 platforms, in 100% real time (You can even hook up a PS3 and 360 to the Editor PC and play as the level is made)
Furthermore, the engine is absurdly scalable, so hardware limitations don't have anything to do with it
So why make an exclusive?

madc

Dec 25, 2008
I'm not really into crashing this "Should Crytek make a PS3 exclusive game or not?" debate, but I just gotta point out: dude's name is not "Cervat", it's "Cevat".

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Ironic Pirate said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
LULWUT!!?!? SO keeping it only on the PS3...they will sale just s many copies as they did on the PC...how are they going to explain the lack of sales?...
Because then they only have to make it for one system. To be fair, the PS3 is harder to work with then the PC.

That said, you don't just hit a button to make it for every platform.

And besides, Sony would pay them.
Ya but you spend less making it for the 360 and PC then what you would make in profit from sony and PS3 sales alone. And sony makes it easier with a dev kit that is 360 and PC port ready so some of the porting work is already done.

Putting it on the 360 alone will easily push 2 million units(as it will on the PS3) the PC is the odd man out being more likely to be lucky to push 500K units in the first year but thankfully there is not much difference in the 360 and PC so the port is easy enough.........

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
People may dislike exclusives, but they're pretty necessary for the industry to continue. You can't have a free market without competition.

In any case, I'm interested to see what Crytek would make for a PS3 exclusive.