Current favourite game?

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
Terminate421 said:
I'm going to go with "Favorite game of the month"

Its my dream game, Shining Force meets Pokemon.
So that's a thing... That's an actual thing that actually exists that people can actually play...
[small] oh god thank you... [/small]

Anyway...

My favorite game is probably Civilization III. I love a good time sink, and it's the best at it. I've had games that have lasted sooo gosh darn long.

Plus, it's a really fun game to role play with. I've recently begun naming my empire Dominaria and my cities after planes and places within planes.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
Terminate421 said:

Wait, hang on a sec. Why have I not heard of this? I don't understand.
Hmm, you know what? I bet it isn't out in Australia yet. That's just about the only thing preventing me from going out and getting it right now.

...I just checked and it came out about a month ago over here...
Excuse me, won't you?

Loaeon

Jun 22, 2012
For me it's match up between Disgaea 3 and White Knight Chronicles both games I have been playing so much lately that I have a system of when to play which.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Is this all time favorite or just what I'm playing now? Because I'm playing a solid 50/50 mix of BF3 and FIFA 12 now.

I always like to bust out X-Com, JA2 and Sid Meier's Pirates! though.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Roofstone said:
What is your current favourite game? That one little game you bring out every so often cause you had the urge to play it more often than the other games?
I've been playing a lot of Infamous lately and I recently finished a long stretch of playing nothing but MLB2K8 but I have no "current favourites". There isn't a single game that I "bring out every so often" simply because I haven't revisited a game for a meaningful length of time in the last 3 1/2 years or so (not since I dusted off the old N64 and replayed Pokemon Snap [http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/pokemon-snap-screenshot-title.jpg]). I've been going on a "play, beat/tire of, next, play, beat/tire of, next, wash, rinse, repeat" streak for quite some time now.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
It would be Killing Floor if it weren't for all the half-retarded level zeros and ones clogging up the servers, which wouldn't be a problem if they weren't playing on hard, but they do for some reason beyond my understanding. The summer sale event also seems to have brought back the level sixes who are inexplicably incompetent or very whiny and self-important.

I've recently gotten back into playing (a heavily modded) Medieval II: Total War, but I'm waiting for another mod update before I start my campaign. Looking forward to a campaign as the Volga Bulgars or the Ottoman Turks! Brand spanking new factions! :D

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
I've recently finally gotten around to getting Okami, and it's soared up into my new favorite. Other than that would be Dota 2.

communist dwarf

Oct 17, 2011
Its a tie for me between S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games and Shogun 2. Its leaning more towards shogun because I have been decimating everyone with Tosa Red Bear infantry.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Terminate421 said:

Yea pretty much this, have almost 60 hours into the game and I'm still not even close to fully completing it

Other than that, I always go back to Team Fortress 2, specifically servers that play the "VS. Saxton Hale Mod"

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
<-- See avatar.

It has been my favourite game for years. In fact, when I'm done with the Mass Effect trilogy(which has been surprisingly fantastic for me so far) I'm going to start up a massive Gothic + Risen marathon. Oh boy!

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
It's a battle between Resonance of Fate, Final Fantasy XI and Persona 4. I love the battle system in Resonance of Fate, but, the main problems with it was that it was poorly explained, however, once you 'get it', it's as easy as riding a bike.

Solo-Wing said:
Final Fantasy IX.

I love it. It was my Childhood. And I will always love it. Seriously the best game I got.
Mine too, pity I could never reach past the third disc, due to said disc being scratched beyond all hope (bought it pre-owned, times were tough then.) so I just played it over and over again until that point. Thanks to emulators I'm able to reach past the third disc and it was fun re-living that and enjoying the undiscovered parts as well.

Persona 4 for its great story and challenging combat. 'Nuff said.

Here, have some free FF9 remix love. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvG5N_3aqYQ]

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
I'm enjoying Tera because it has that great new shiny fun game feel I rarely get out of games anymore. It's a ton of fun, but I can see me quickly getting bored at end game and trying the next mmo to swing my way. But Tera has definitely been the cream of the crop. I doubt I'll ever play warcraft again as long as Tera is around, the combat is so much better.

Single player Legend of Grimrock, love the clausterphobic survival feel of this one.

Feb 22, 2009
Current favourite is Burnout Revenge, I just got that again and now I'm addicted, though trying to go for 5 stars on everything is incredibly frustrating. :p

All-time favourite, though, still GTA IV.