cybernetic implant

new_guy

Oct 23, 2010
You may install only one cybernetic implant into your body. What do you choose to install?

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Trillions of nano bots that carry oxygen so I can hold my breath for hours or sprint at full speed for ten minutes.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Cybernetic ocular implant with several view modes (infrared etc), zoom functions and the ability to record still images and videos.

Engarde

Jul 24, 2010
Cybernetic eye that shoots lazers. Or a robot arm. Or something equally awesome.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
It might be cheating, but I'd go for total robot body, with a thing layer of synthetic skin to make me look human. I'll keep my brain, though.

If it is cheating, I'll get some wolverine claws, I guess.

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
Mind-controlled Nanobot factory. Then I'll just eat a bunch of bolts and make my own implants. ^,^

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
i would implant a cybernetic body. oh yeah loop hole right there. so i would have the multiple visions, run fast, jump high, hokld breath, regen fast the works.

Verp

Jul 1, 2009
Sonicron said:
Cybernetic ocular implant with several view modes (infrared etc), zoom functions and the ability to record still images and videos.
This, or something that makes my nose capable of smelling things on the same level as, I dunno, a bear or a bloodhound. Superior eyesight is cool, sure, but a good sense of scent offers very interesting options as well. I mean, how about walking into a room and finding out who's been there during the past few days, what kind of people they are, what they've done, where they've been, and where they've gone, with just a few sniffs?

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
For me it would be a flight pack or robotic wings in my back. At least something similar

Sure being able to see well is good but hey we already have night vision goggles why waste my implants on them.

Jan 3, 2009
Verp said:
This, or something that makes my nose capable of smelling things on the same level as, I dunno, a bear or a bloodhound. Superior eyesight is cool, sure, but a good sense of scent offers very interesting options as well. I mean, how about walking into a room and finding out who's been there during the past few days, what kind of people they are, what they've done, where they've been, and where they've gone, with just a few sniffs?
Except you would never be able to go near a public restroom ever again.

OT: either rapid regeneration, super eyesight, or maybe the phone/internet-in-you-brain thing from GITS: Stand Alone Complex.

Verp

Jul 1, 2009
notascleverasithinkiam said:
Verp said:
Except you would never be able to go near a public restroom ever again.
That's assuming that you couldn't handle the smell by yourself or turn the cybernetic implant off.

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
Cybernetic eyes with superior sight as well as options for active and passive infra-red imagery.

Preferably they won't look human at all but like red-glowing lenses embedded in my eye-sockets for that Terminator-esque look. Would be kind of fun to do a staredown on someone with those. >:)

I could also go for a visibly cybernetic arm or two, as long as they only add superior arm strength and don't diminish my sense of touch or dexterity when it comes to fine manipulation. Quite simply: like my own arms but inhumanly strong.

As for powering the damn things, I'd go for implanted dynamoturbines in my blood vessels (basically let the force of my blood circulation rotate tiny little turbines in the blood vessels to generate the required electricity). Should work as long as I don't have too many turbines (since that might cause toughly the same effect as having way too high cholesterol). I guess I'd have to inject daily dosages of some kind of blood thinning agent in order to prevent the risk of having a potentially fatal blood clot, but that's something I can live with if it means having terminator eyes and/or terminator arms. :p

Fawful

Dec 7, 2010
A brain implant would be interesting, like having photographic memory and stuff, now that I think about it, you could probably do a whole bunch of neat things with a brain implant, however I would never go though with the operation to get that installed.

I duuno, cybernetic eyes would be the easiest to make I guess, so maybe real-time HUD, night and heat vison, that type of thing.

Malk_Kontent

Mar 19, 2008
The Mr. Studd Implant. Read the old Cyberpunk 2020 rulebook if you can't figure that one out!

Actually, I'd get a multi-program Nano-Hive.

Kwaren

Jul 10, 2009
Delta grade, rating 3 Wired Reflexes. I think I could spare the 2.5 essence cost for an extra 3 initiative passes. Shadowrun rocks.