cybernetic implant

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
Sonicron said:
Cybernetic ocular implant with several view modes (infrared etc), zoom functions and the ability to record still images and videos.
This, definately this! I'd love to have that!

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Something like a "lace" from the culture novels- access to a massive information network at will, as well as being able to interface with machinery
Either that or one of their drug glands, that would be awesome

Thaliur

Jan 3, 2008
BrokenBoySoldier said:
Something like a "lace" from the culture novels- access to a massive information network at will, as well as being able to interface with machinery
Either that or one of their drug glands, that would be awesome
You already have drug glands. A human body can produce quite a range of substances that can alter perception or performance (like adrenaline) or reduce pain (like endorphine). A human can even produce a kind of love potion (oxytocine, also known as the "cuddle hormone").

It's just really difficult to control the production of these. Endorphine is triggered by joy or pain, adrenaline by anger, fear and similar feelings and oxytocine is triggered by intimacy between people, like sex or just being held in each others arms.

Dead Eye II

Aug 7, 2009
im probably kinda cheating since this is more an organic implant but one of the guyver suits, i can fly, cut stuff up, imunne from illness and grow older at a reduced rate and i would regen limbs

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
I'd take a neural lace. One that fulfilled all the functions of my brain, but ran alongside it - when old age caused my biological brain to stop working, my neural lace would just keep on going, and I'd never even notice.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Oh man, so many choices! But if i'd have to choose one, it'd be a device that I can use to turn invisible. Or maybe that C.A.S.I.E. from Sarif Industries. Knowing what people are going to say before they do so would be pretty awesome.

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
Serenegoose said:
I'd take a neural lace. One that fulfilled all the functions of my brain, but ran alongside it - when old age caused my biological brain to stop working, my neural lace would just keep on going, and I'd never even notice.
That is a question that really plagues me from time to time.

If a biological brain got augmented and successfully replaced by artificial components with no need for a biological body, would that persons consciousness still survive even when the biological brain is completely gone? Or would it just result in an artifical brain that is basically just a copy of the previous one bot that doesn't really contain the human consciousness at all anymore, but simply functions like a kind of tape-recorder set to repeat?

It's probably a question you'll only know the answer to if you undergo it yourself I guess, but one can't really help to wonder from time to time...

[.redacted]

Jan 24, 2010
A brain implant that can assist in the invention and creation of even more implants.

Seems sensible, keeping my options open =D

mayney93

Aug 3, 2009
cybernetic link to the internet! hell yeah, the ability to access wikipedia and other such things on the net, like that futurama episode.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
WolfThomas said:
Trillions of nano bots that carry oxygen so I can hold my breath for hours or sprint at full speed for ten minutes.
That or some badass arm modifications that looks like normal arms, but packs a lot more punch than normal arms.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
[sub]Mustn't say cybernetic penis, mustn't say cybernetic penis...[/sub]

I'd like a robotic arm. preferably with a machine implanted into that allows it to make top-notch cappuccinos at any time.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Sonicron said:
Cybernetic ocular implant with several view modes (infrared etc), zoom functions and the ability to record still images and videos.
Yeah, I would go for eye replacements. With the added effect of light, they glow blue most of the time, and turn red when im pissed.