cybernetic implant

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Cybernetic skin that can allow me to go invisible, it's the only super-power I've really wanted other than being able to control time (otherwise known as God-mode).

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Thaliur said:
BrokenBoySoldier said:
Something like a "lace" from the culture novels- access to a massive information network at will, as well as being able to interface with machinery
Either that or one of their drug glands, that would be awesome
You already have drug glands. A human body can produce quite a range of substances that can alter perception or performance (like adrenaline) or reduce pain (like endorphine). A human can even produce a kind of love potion (oxytocine, also known as the "cuddle hormone").

It's just really difficult to control the production of these. Endorphine is triggered by joy or pain, adrenaline by anger, fear and similar feelings and oxytocine is triggered by intimacy between people, like sex or just being held in each others arms.
I dont mean to be an arse but the the whole point of the drug glands was that they put stuff like that under conscious control whenever you wanted.

Also gotta ask- a fellow biochemist?

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
A bionic arm that's a kind of Swiss Army Knife. Look, now it's a flamethrower!

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Something that doesn't run a Windows OS.
I guess an eye with multiple visions like heat map, x-ray, stuff like that.

Thaliur

Jan 3, 2008
BrokenBoySoldier said:
I dont mean to be an arse but the the whole point of the drug glands was that they put stuff like that under conscious control whenever you wanted.

Also gotta ask- a fellow biochemist?
Close. Biomedical engineer.
I got the point about the drug glands being conciously controlled, sorry about interrupting :)

Although, maybe the natural drug glands CAN be controlled consciously. At least the endorphine and adrenaline could be quite useful sometimes.
As for oxytocine... well, I never felt the need to consciously force myself to love my girlfriend, and I would be surprised if anybody ever did, so I don't think that would actually be useful (the gland, of course, is great, but it can stay unconscious).

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Make my body consist of controllable nanobots that can turn anything into more of said nanobots.

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
Voodoomancer said:
Mind-controlled Nanobot factory. Then I'll just eat a bunch of bolts and make my own implants. ^,^
I wa going to make a long, convoluted post, but this sums up my idea.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
God implant. It makes me all powerful.

That way I can take a nap in lava.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Housebroken Lunatic said:
Relevant videogame trailer:

Good lord that is one heck of a trailer for a videogame (which im looking forward to). I really hope they make the game with a similar quality as the first one (since invisible war sucked ass).

It does not bode well however that the original creative directors of the previous parts aren't attached to the project. :S
I, too, am excited for that game. I will likely piss my pants in glee on launch day.

*Ahem*

I'd go for some sort of implant that would allow me to do parkour. While invisible.

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
Well... Does this stretch to todays tech?

If so, my plans for a surplus power source, I,E, Iron mans electro magnetic power-source would be improbable.

Than I'll just have some internal cybernetics system to replace my lounges with something that doesn't slowly kill me.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Hah hah hah...sucker. When you register for a full-body prosthetic, it IS only one implant! Your brain...goes in the body!

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
I'm thinking that I'd either like a robotic arm with a lot of tools and stuff in it, like a swiss army knife but an arm, a pair of eyes so that I could get some sort of HUD that would help me manage things like a Blackberry in my eyes or finally some sort of device that improves my cells ability to divide and such so that it would increase my life span and my youth.

Cyberjester

Oct 10, 2009
Darn, only one? Adrenal enhancers/distributers, ocular implants.. Although.. I'd go with.. Something that connects to the brain stem, allowing me to do things like add memory, organise it better. Like, imagine being able to organise your brain so well you could do without your mp3 player and just trigger songs as needed. Also being able to recall all the physics/chemistry/maths I've learned would be highly useful when doing something awesomely stupid. I'm reasonably athletic, and everything is mostly in working order, so upping an IQ already high enough to make encryption boring would be win. Although adrenal distributors would allow me to do more ninja'y moves..

Does it have to be one?

Merkavar said:
i would implant a cybernetic body. oh yeah loop hole right there. so i would have the multiple visions, run fast, jump high, hokld breath, regen fast the works.
Regen with cybernetic body? That's pushing it. :p

PaulH said:
I don't know ... I keep thinking about something that would heighten my senses. Like give me the same olfactory capabilities of a wolf. Or cybernetic eyes giving me the sight of a hawk.

Simulated heat pits of a diamond python that can detect a 1/30th degree (C) change in local temperature.

Maybe an andrenal enhancer? Something that can allow me to produce adrenaline and noradrenaline in safe (in small periods of time) quantities whenever I command them to o.o
Adrenal enhancer.. See, that's a decent idea. It would boost power levels for quite a bit, especially if you had them strategically placed to be through the body in seconds.