cybernetic implant

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
new_guy said:
You may install only one cybernetic implant into your body. What do you choose to install?
One that allows me to download my full consciousness into the internet

Aside: this feels like a superpower thread

FortheLegion

Dec 16, 2008
Stukov961 said:
One that looks like this:

It would grant far improved vision, be connected directly to the brainstem, allowing me to connect my mind directly to other devices, including computers, and houses a slaved computer allowing me to do complex calculations in the head, record and store large amounts of data, hacking any an all systems at will as well as allow a future array of implants to replace limbs and organs as they fail due to age or injury.
Sign me up for that too!

Jackpot524

Certified Canuck
May 24, 2009
I'd get a artificial hippocampus implanted, that way I can learn stuff in no time...

Assuming I don't literally blow my mind.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Cyberjester said:
PaulH said:
I don't know ... I keep thinking about something that would heighten my senses. Like give me the same olfactory capabilities of a wolf. Or cybernetic eyes giving me the sight of a hawk.

Simulated heat pits of a diamond python that can detect a 1/30th degree (C) change in local temperature.

Maybe an andrenal enhancer? Something that can allow me to produce adrenaline and noradrenaline in safe (in small periods of time) quantities whenever I command them to o.o
Adrenal enhancer.. See, that's a decent idea. It would boost power levels for quite a bit, especially if you had them strategically placed to be through the body in seconds.
I wouldn't mind a cybernetic liver that could process toxins as effectively as a shark n.n

Either that or a gland that releases dosages of blood oxygenating concentrated OxyMin straight into the bloodstream so I can run longer, harder without fatigue or muscle burn n.n

But I still like the idea of having wolf-like olfactory glands ... just to see what it's like o.o

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i have always wanted to zoom my vision in and out. i would use that every single day

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Monkfish Acc. said:
A robot pelvis that can withstand the massive girth of my sexual partners.
so you have sex with the amazonians?
OT a Bionic Arm (like Rad Spencer,s) or a computer implant (like the one from System Shock) that would also feuture a HUD (directly connected to my optical nerve)

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
henritje said:
Monkfish Acc. said:
henritje said:
Monkfish Acc. said:
A robot pelvis that can withstand the massive girth of my sexual partners.
so you have sex with the amazonians?
No ew that's fucking disgusting what is wrong with you.
you do know I mean the Amazonians from Futurama right?
You know nothing I have said in this thread has been serious in any way, right?

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
Y'know how in the Star Trek series, the Borg had that whole hive mentality thing going? With one central top-dog and everyone else were Drones following orders? And the Borg could infect folks and bring them into the fold via the use of those injectors?

Yeah. That. With me as the top-dog. Total conquest of the world, baby! Well, least until Patrick Stewart came to kick my ass. Frickin' Xavier...

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
Voodoomancer said:
Mind-controlled Nanobot factory. Then I'll just eat a bunch of bolts and make my own implants. ^,^
Awwww, I guess you gave yourself ninja powers first?

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
Cyberjester said:
Regen with cybernetic body? That's pushing it. :p
what does cybernetic bodies not allow nanobots to repair and increase regen of my body?

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
kman123 said:
A working pancreas. Being diabetic, it's quite annoying.
I've got a friend who is a diabetic and he's technically a cyborg, since he has this insulin device going straight into his body and it lives in a symbiotic relationship with him since he needs it to survive, and it needs him to replace batteries occasionally so it can continue to function.

That's pretty much a definition of a cyborg, isn't it? :)

Damnit, that means diabetics sometimes are way ahead the rest of the human race towards the glorious goal of transhumanism. :(

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Housebroken Lunatic said:
Good lord that is one heck of a trailer for a videogame (which im looking forward to). I really hope they make the game with a similar quality as the first one (since invisible war sucked ass).
In retrospect, Invisible War wasn't a bad game. It just wasn't the game that I wanted it to be.

moretimethansense

Apr 10, 2008
I'd install a wireless internet conection directly in to my brain!

Actually no, I wouldn't want to risk the stupid leaking in, then I'd like a wirless all purpose connecter so that I could play any console, tune any radio and change the chanel of anyt tv by thought alone, preferably with some kind of software to cause tactile halusonations so that it feefs like I'm actually using a pad.