Cyborg Uses Rat Brain Cells to Control Robot

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
TriggerUnhappy said:
Why is it that scientists are obsessed with crazy shit like this?

They're like that little kid that just sits and pokes a dog, to see how many times they can do it before getting their hand bit off.
An exaggeration obviously, but am I the only one at least slightly frightened by stuff like this? Yes, it's very advanced and interesting, but the potential for disaster is huge.
I think you've just insulted the internet.

Look, this is how science progresses to benefit people, yeah we've all seen enough Sci-Fi to be a bit weary of this kinda shit but I myself am damn curious to see what this leads to, particularly the uplinking of people into some robots. (Or rather the combination of the two as Cyborgs, as they said)

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
kingcom said:
TriggerUnhappy said:
Why is it that scientists are obsessed with crazy shit like this?

They're like that little kid that just sits and pokes a dog, to see how many times they can do it before getting their hand bit off.
An exaggeration obviously, but am I the only one at least slightly frightened by stuff like this? Yes, it's very advanced and interesting, but the potential for disaster is huge.
How exactly is it dangerous, this isnt exactly skynet and machines actually deciding to kill humans is purely a sci-fi trope.
Yeah, keep reminding yourself of that when you get stabbed by your own AI vacuum cleaner

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Hell yes, can't wait to link up to the internet through my brain!

kannibus

Sep 21, 2009
Well, we're dead.

To quote a wise man: "This is all Joker's fault! What a tool he was! I have to spend all day computing cheese because he plugged in the overlord."

Yes, we are at the end of days here people.

Seriously though, I think this is awesome. We would be able to put our brains into super robots. Actually, wasn't there an episode of Star Trek about this?

Chappy

May 17, 2010
Was I the only one who thought of the film Surrogates while reading this?

It's still to simple though at the moment Skynet won't be up for a few years yet don't worry :p