Cynicism: An Endless, Useless, and Destructive Cycle.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
SonicWaffle said:
Too late now! God, you Bronies make me sick, just forcing your little fetish into every single thread! Do you really expect us to believe this derailment wasn't the intention all along, so you could talk about...like, Sparklehooves or Rainbow Feedbag or fucking...fucking...Clive or whatever?!

If it makes you satisfied, I hereby use my OP powers to banish any further unrelated comments about MlP.

BANISH I say.

Glaciatedhands

Dec 6, 2012
I'm cynical with everything that happens to me because I'm generally a clumsy person and I was yelled at a lot and put down often whenever I did anything wrong. I feel that everything I do will fail because I feel like someone will complain no matter what I do. I could find the cure to cancer, fix world hunger and stop every war but someone will complain at me one company using child labor that I missed. I just expect the yelling and the failing so I just wonder "Why try? eventually the same outcome will happen no matter." which I know is a bad idea but if I try fixing it, it'll just fail.
I'm surprised nobody has posted the Yatzee table yet.

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
I think that Miles O'Brien said it best when he said something like "It's better to be a pessimist than an optimist. If you're an optimist, you're always disappointed. If you're a pessimist, things either go as expected or you're pleasantly surprised."

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
I only came here to see if anybody mentioned the grammar mistake in the title. That's a little bit of cynical humour for ya.

I like being surprised by good things. That happens when I hate everything. Hate brings more good for me. You know the old saying.

noreshadow

Feb 5, 2009
What an odd website to start this topic on.....

you do realize by far the most popular show on here is about a incredibly cynical reviewer bashing almost every AAA game in hilarious ways?

--------------------------------------------------
having said that.
The biggest problem with the internet is comments.
Every profound beautiful thought somebody is willing to try and share, is immediately torn to shreds and spit on by someone that nobody even knows, and didn't go there to hear.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
ninjaRiv said:
I only came here to see if anybody mentioned the grammar mistake in the title. That's a little bit of cynical humour for ya.
Damn, how did I miss that...

Fixed

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
Dangit2019 said:
ninjaRiv said:

Fixed
It's always more difficult to spot your own mistakes. The real surprise is that nobody seems to have mentioned it already.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
ninjaRiv said:
Dangit2019 said:
ninjaRiv said:

Fixed
It's always more difficult to spot your own mistakes. The real surprise is that nobody seems to have mentioned it already.
I was going to.

Then I got distracted looking up quotes.

OT: Yeah, I try to be cynical as little as I can manage it. Partly because I have depression, partly because it's exasperating seeing all of the people who self-proclaim to be "misanthropes" or whatever, and partly because goddamn it, I like having fun.