D&D,Who plays?

Zannah

Jan 27, 2010
Eladar1 said:
Perhaps a few of us that really wanna try getting into it but don't seem able to, could get together and have a PBE game of it or something? Obviously with someone who knows what they're doing as DM.
Not too bad of an Idea, though I'm not entirely convinced how well that will work what with people coming from all over the world, from different timezones.

As to the Op: I've played 3.5 for a whole while now, with at least six different characters, though the main one is a Szarkai (albino drow) Rogue/Shadowdancer/Cleric thing. Also, I'm lucky enough to have significant other, that besides various other qualities, is one of the best dm's I know, so I'm getting all the P&p I want :D

Icingdeath

Aug 21, 2009
Me and my friends finished up a story not long ago, we tried doing another but it didn't work well, but we're planning a new one soon.
We use version 3.5 and it was my first time, I played as a neutral good human ranger that was raised by bears. Our DM had a lot of weird stuff for us, so later on I became half-brass dragon, my half-orc friend became part tiefling, our paladin lost his arms and had them replaced with metal ones, and our halfling sorcerer fused with a displacer beast.......... don't think too hard on these...........

Eladar1

Jul 22, 2010
Zannah said:
Eladar1 said:
Perhaps a few of us that really wanna try getting into it but don't seem able to, could get together and have a PBE game of it or something? Obviously with someone who knows what they're doing as DM.
Not too bad of an Idea, though I'm not entirely convinced how well that will work what with people coming from all over the world, from different timezones.

As to the Op: I've played 3.5 for a whole while now, with at least six different characters, though the main one is a Szarkai (albino drow) Rogue/Shadowdancer/Cleric thing. Also, I'm lucky enough to have significant other, that besides various other qualities, is one of the best dm's I know, so I'm getting all the P&p I want :D
Well, if it had a forum, it'd be easy enough. If not, we all just mail the DM before say for example 10pm server time, and he(or she) says what goes down? I dunno, just a thought, even if it was just a basic game, to help some of those that really wanna try it, but can't seem to find anyone to play with.

Zannah

Jan 27, 2010
Eladar1 said:
Well, if it had a forum, it'd be easy enough. If not, we all just mail the DM before say for example 10pm server time, and he(or she) says what goes down? I dunno, just a thought, even if it was just a basic game, to help some of those that really wanna try it, but can't seem to find anyone to play with.
If you own the books, just hit up random people from your immediate social surroundings, who in the past have expressed so much as liking lotr. You'd be suprised how many people are at least curious enough to join in for an evening; That's how I got my group together, back when I lived in the Us. (Or, if you can find two or three people interested, and honest enough to not cheat too bad, try playing via skype. It's just a substitute, but better than waiting till 10pm to see if your attack was successful.

Eladar1

Jul 22, 2010
Zannah said:
Eladar1 said:
If you own the books, just hit up random people from your immediate social surroundings, who in the past have expressed so much as liking lotr. You'd be suprised how many people are at least curious enough to join in for an evening; That's how I got my group together, back when I lived in the Us. (Or, if you can find two or three people interested, and honest enough to not cheat too bad, try playing via skype. It's just a substitute, but better than waiting till 10pm to see if your attack was successful.
It sure would. But seriously, I've tried, thats how I got my M:TG group together. But even the magic fans don't wanna try out D&D :(

Alpha1Niner

Aug 11, 2009
Any of that stuff is long gone now. We still have the old Might and Magic games for the PC though.

*looks for them* Yep. Might and Magic VI, VII, and VIII. Good times. :)

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
I've wanted to for years. I own almost all of the worthwhile 3.5 books, and know them inside and out. I've played less than a dozen times though, nobody to play with. I'm learning GURPS once I found out d20 modern sucked.

Zannah

Jan 27, 2010
DeathsHands said:
I'm new to it; poured over the books and I'm now looking for a 4E game over RPTools.
Out of curiosity, how well do those tools do? I've never used the likes so far, so please share your experience.

Saint_Zvlkx

Oct 16, 2009
I actually just got back from playing- I play every Sunday with a group of friends, who are, surprisingly, DM'd by a friend's mother, who has been playing since she was a kid. We play a bastardized version of AD&D 1.

Tenkage

May 28, 2010
I'm in DnD Encounters provided by Wizards of the Coast, BTW THEY ARE BRING DARKSUN BACK.

I enjoy being the mage, or the interesting Characters, like my Goblin Fighter who was a former Gladator, the Warforged Warden created by Elves to protect the lands, or my personal favorite, the Corrupted Cleric who loves to kill people...WHAT?!

Abanic

Jul 26, 2010
I jumped ship when D&D went to 4th Edition. I gave 4 a chance then went to Piazo's Pathfinder rules (which is basically D&D 3.75).

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
I loved playing, only problem is that there is noone in town to play with anymore. But I do mis my Lawful Neutral Dwarf Knight.

YesConsiderably

Jul 9, 2010
I played once, but couldn't get into it. The games are way too short.

20 sided die are overkill. I know there are lots of squares, but if you're lucky it's possible to get to the end in only a few rolls.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Margrave Rinstock said:
Gnome Bard. Pathetic, I know.
Pathetic only if you don't know how to use cantrips to annoy your DM to no end.

Seriously, bards are the ultimate anti-DM tool.

migo

Jun 27, 2010
Black Sulphur said:
Sovvolf said:
I'm trying to get into it. I've bought the 3.5 player handbooks, monster guides and dungeon master guide. I even got the D&D for Dummies book. Though I'm having difficulty finding some one to have a game with.
Is the D&D for Dummies a good book as i would like to stat playing myself.
Skip it and just look up D&D Encounters, or wait for the Red Box to get released in September.

Abanic

Jul 26, 2010
KiruTheMant said:
Eladar1 said:
I DM a lot,but lack much of the books for it.
I solved that problem with my group by not letting them pull anything out of any of the supplemental books without my approval. It forced all of them to be much more creative with their playing, less 'player knowledge' issues, and to actually role play. You might want to start a stripped down game and give it a try.

GreyWolf257

Oct 1, 2009
I'm a DM for a game of D&D 3.25 (It's somewhere between 3.0 and 3.5, so I just call it that). As for a player, I play a Ranger 10/Guardblade 3 (custom class) named Grey (not shitting you).