D.I.C.E(Game Thread/PM to Join)

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Eligor was busy looking for a spot to get some relaxation, plus some cleaning. True, he enjoyed the sensation and vibrations of when the blade was pressed against the rotating whetstone that were like a massage from a succubus, a very skilled succubus, but all it did was wear down the blade. It had stayed sharp and true over a thousand years. Why bother? He smirked as he wondered what shenanigans the other cursed demon was up to in the stone-cold snow of Russia. Well, at least he had the whole of the country to wander over the years and perhaps some village folk to meet.

He decided to spent some more time floating about the facility, hoping that there would be someone interesting enough to amuse for a while. That was the problem with being nigh-immortal, most of the years were simply filler and the ones that amused usually died, as was the mortal fashion...

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Garath walked over and sat down next to Isabelle and Vayle, he had pain du chocolate (chocolate filled bread) in one hand and a plate with a few scones in the other. He set the plate down between them as he sat down, "Want a scone, they've got cherries in them," he offered, he glanced at Vayle who had tried to swipe a Danish from Isabelle, "You can have one too, unless spirits are allergic to pastries, in which case D6 should really get on developing a combat effective pastry dispenser, actually no they should develop that regardless."

He glanced over at the man Isabelle had been talking to, he felt like he recognized him but couldn't remember the name, he saw the letter Isabelle had been reading, but she had laid it facing down so he couldn't read it.

"Who was that?" he asked, taking a bite out of the bread and leaning back in his chair.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"Want a scone, they've got cherries in them." Garath asked Isabelle as he sat at the table. He then turned to Vayle.

"You can have one too, unless spirits are allergic to pastries, in which case D6 should really get on developing a combat effective pastry dispenser, actually no they should develop that regardless." Vayle's eye lit up slightly as she took one of the scones, and started to eat it slowly, savouring the taste.

"Oooh, these are yummy, thank you Garath." She responded with, a childlike smile as a crumb of scone escaped her lips.

"No thanks Garath, but thank you anyway for the offer. These apple and cinnamon pastries are really nice, actually, they are my favourites." Isabelle responded with politely. She noticed that Garath had seen the letter, good thing she had it face down.

"Who was that?" Garath then asked, obviously talking about Mordecai; he then took a bite out of his bread and leaned back in the chair.

"That was Mordecai, one of the Librarians that works down here in Division Two. He helps catalogue the information that the division acquires during missions; and from time to time acts as an assistant to some of the members here. The reason he came here was this letter you no doubt noticed. It had some information regarding a research project that is happening in the Raven Rook facility."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"That was Mordecai, one of the Librarians that works down here in Division Two. He helps catalogue the information that the division acquires during missions; and from time to time acts as an assistant to some of the members here. The reason he came here was this letter you no doubt noticed. It had some information regarding a research project that is happening in the Raven Rook facility."

"Probably none of my business then," Garath said, finishing off his bread and grabbing a scone, "Still I'm curious, Raven's Rook is mostly D2 right? I remember they helped me perfect my invisibility spell, and last I was there they were testing some magic battery or something, don't suppose you're allowed to talk about what they're working on now?"

He brushed a few crumbs off of his beard, and sat up a bit straighter in his chair, he was contemplating summoning something to fetch him coffee, but he doubted the other D2's would react well to the sudden appearance of an imp.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"Still I'm curious, Raven's Rook is mostly D2 right? I remember they helped me perfect my invisibility spell, and last I was there they were testing some magic battery or something, don't suppose you're allowed to talk about what they're working on now?" Garath asked as he finished off his bread and grabbed one of the remaining scones that were left. This brought a feeling of reassurance to Isabelle. She then began thinking to herself.

'Hmm, he doesn't know where the Raven's Rook facility really is, good thing father had the idea to include a "employee" entrance on the opposite side, a reasonable distance away; otherwise I'd be having people traipsing through my family home all the time.' Isabelle then decided to answer Garath's question.

"Yes it is Garath, Raven's Rook is mostly Division Two, but it is equipped to handle the others, except of course for Zero. Due to it being headed under their 'Ars Arcanum' department, I can't go into the specific nature of the project, I can however tell you that it has the potential to be used in combat; although they can't be certain until further down the line."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"Yes it is Garath, Raven's Rook is mostly Division Two, but it is equipped to handle the others, except of course for Zero. Due to it being headed under their 'Ars Arcanum' department, I can't go into the specific nature of the project, I can however tell you that it has the potential to be used in combat; although they can't be certain until further down the line."

Ars Arcanum, wasn't that one of the things written on her sword? I wonder how much she knows about the place.

He shrugged, "Like I said, none of my business, if its important I'll probably find out later," he took another bite out of the scone, "I'm going to get coffee, you want anything?" he asked.

Without waiting for a response he began muttering a chant under his breath, the air in front of him blurred and glowed a dark red, then a small creature, a hovering ball of claws and wings emerged, he bound the imp the moment it emerged, they were weak minded creatures. Its beady red eyes stared at him, waiting for instruction.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I lost my leg, like I lost my way... Danny mused to himself. He hadn't quite lost his leg but he knew it was coming; it had started to lag behind already. He had been wondering around for what felt like days. Running turned to walking, and walking turned to shuffling. He wanted to sleep to rest not only his legs but his eyes as well. The inanely bright light that attacked his eyes were taking away his vision blink by blink. Despite his pain, he didn't stop shuffling.. I have to find...I-I have to find a way oooutta' here. He tripped on his lazy leg and fell on the floor. His face met the hot touch of the white and, not being able to take any more, Danny kicked the air and yelled "where the fuck is this light coming from?" He shouted in agony again and after calming himself down, continued his journey to nowhere.

After reaching a point in his journey, and sanity, where he felt compelled enough to stop and think about other things, Danny checked his belongings. So fucking caught up in finding an exit, gah! His weapon was gone and so was the rest of his things. He couldn't believe he had forgotten and once again shouted in agony. He didn't hear an echo and Danny pondered what that meant to no avail. Danny focused on other details and wondered where the light was actually coming from. He turned around and saw nothing, only more white. He stomped the ground in anger and started laughing. Why am I thinking about the light again ahahaha? There was nothing funny about the situation, but the sheer ridiculousness had to be mocked. It was the only way to stay sane. The blood had broken him, but he wasn't quite in pieces yet. Yet.

When the sound of laughter turned to the cry of tears, Danny fell on his back and prepared to accept defeat. He was a detective with a will of iron, yet no detective was able to walk around aimlessly in another dimension with no sense of time and space and still be sane. Not even Dirty Harry would stand this shit, or John Mclane. He never asked for this shit, this psychotic, degrading experience. He expected his time in D.I.C.E. to consist of finding demons and eliminating said demons; it was supposed to be detective work on another level. Instead he was trapped in a white hell with no where to go except everywhere.

Still lying on the floor, Danny eyed the horizon. Maybe if I look upside down... Danny shook off his thoughts with disgust. I really am losing it, god! I need to stay sa- hey is that a box? Danny's thoughts shifted to a mysterious object that was placed unmistakably in front of him. Still looking at it upside down, Danny crawled towards its general direction. Looking at the box was disorientating to the point of motion sickness but Danny sucked it up and soldiered on. He had found something, and no sickness was going to stop him from reaching it.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Garath shrugged after hearing Isabelle's response. "Like I said, none of my business, if its important I'll probably find out later." He took another bite out of the scone. "I'm going to get coffee, you want anything?"

"Sure Garath, another cup of coffee sounds like it could do the thing right about now." Isabelle remarked, quickly yawning before she saw Garath mutter something, then a mischievous looking Imp, which by the way, when don't they look like they can cause trouble appeared. Its beady little eyes stared directly at the one who summoned it into existence.

"Hmph, didn't know you could summon things Garath." She said in a slightly impressed tone.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"Sure Garath, another cup of coffee sounds like it could do the thing right about now."

"Right, two cups of coffee, don't spill them and don't put anything in the coffee, and no trying to find loopholes in my commands" he said to the imp, it hesitated then flew off.

"Hmph, didn't know you could summon things Garath."

"It tends to be more trouble than its worth, though I do love the irony of using demons to fight demons," He replied, keeping his eyes on the imp, "I'm better with illusions anyways."

The imp returned shortly, Garath took the cups from it and gave one to Isabelle, then turned back to the imp, he chanted a brief incantation and the air around it blurred as it was dismissed.

wilcoblackflame

Mar 15, 2012
A little ways across the Div 6 cafeteria from Azkar and Richard, Crow sat reading yet another book, occasionally taking a sip from a glass of water.

Though aware it was impolite to eavesdrop and for the most part tried to avoid overhearing the conversations of others, he found it a little hard not to once Richard and Azkar began to speak of travel to Europe or America. Oh what he wouldn't do to be allowed to venture out and see the world.

No longer really looking at the pages of his book, he stared into space a little, daydreaming about the world outside the confines of DICE.

Azkar Almsivi

Sep 3, 2012
Azkar had sat pondering for ages, slowly looking around the room weighing up the pros and cons of either continent that wanted to visit when she noticed crow day dreaming off in the distance.

"Hey Richard, that guy... Whatever his name was, he looks bored. Ask him where we should go. I can't make a choice between lax gun laws and history." Azkar pointed at Crow and gave a cheeky smile as she stood up. "I'm getting a drink, you go ask him." Azkar wandered off and began the agonizing task of choosing something, she'd never even heard of half this crap, but wasn't in the mood for water.

Oh the humanity.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
"Hey Richard, that guy... Whatever his name was, he looks bored. Ask him where we should go. I can't make a choice between lax gun laws and history." Azkar pointed at Crow and gave a cheeky smile as she stood up. "I'm getting a drink, you go ask him."

Azkar went to get something to drink, leaving Richard with the task of actually talking to Crow. Why she wanted Richard to talk to the man-made demon was beyond him, but from what Richard had heard, the demon was well-read and probably knew more about geography and culture than he had ever wanted to know. He approached Crow, who was holding a book but not reading it. Richard figured that would mean talking to him wouldn't be rude. "Hello, you're Crow, we haven't talked that much before, but Azkar and I were wondering if you knew a good place to travel to. I'm Richard Johnson, by the way, I've seen you before in the labs." Was that good enough? It had to be.

wilcoblackflame

Mar 15, 2012
Crow's daydreaming abruptly ended once Richard spoke to him. Closing the book and giving the scientist his full attention, he smiled. "A pleasure to properly make your acquaintance, Dr. Johnson."

He paused, torn between polite bewilderment and mild gratification to be asked for his opinion on something that didn't concern DICE business.

"I would suspect that it depends an awful lot on what you're interested in sir. There are many festivals and the like that take place in various locations at different times as I understand it. If you are looking for a wide range of different cultures in a relatively small area, I would perhaps recommend Europe. On the other hand, from what I hear and have occasionally seen, America seems to excel in orchestrating the most delightful of spectacles. One would almost suspect they have a government department solely for fireworks expenses."

He chuckled. "I'm afraid I really couldn't tell you for sure one way or another with my own limited frame of reference and my lack of knowledge of your personal tastes sir. Please do enjoy yourself though. I would love to hear about it when you return."

A slightly smaller smile crossed his face. "I'd very much like to see it myself, for pleasure rather than business some day."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
"I'm afraid I really couldn't tell you for sure one way or another with my own limited frame of reference and my lack of knowledge of your personal tastes sir. Please do enjoy yourself though. I would love to hear about it when you return."
A slightly smaller smile crossed his face. "I'd very much like to see it myself, for pleasure rather than business some day."

"I guess the guys in charge of you wouldn't want you to go anywhere without it being all business," Richard said, nodding. He of course didn't get their reasoning, but then again, his opinions weren't the most respected around the lab. "You should ask that guy in charge of you later, what was it... Garath?" He did believe he was the one in charge, considering how he'd told Richard to tell the other scientists not to move Crow when he didn't find the demon in its usual place. "He might be able and more willing to than the scientists in charge of you, those guys are jerks." And then Richard considered the fact that he was in the cafeteria, where one of them could be sitting on the table next to them.

"Anyways, thanks for you help, I'll see you later, I could tell you about it then," Richard hastily said, smiling. He then went over to Azkar. "He didn't know where we should go." He'd have to make up his mind about this, nobody else seemed to be willing to. "Europe. Europe it is. Not somewhere terrible hot, so I would say either Germany, France, the UK, or a country more to the north," he suggested to Azkar. He didn't actually know about any more countries around that area, he never had been interested in geography.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Ghost felt a tug on his leg as he was staring down Elizer, and was whipped back. He stopped only a few feet away when the bidding on the two of them snagged. The Lieutenant stood next to a tree with aura radiating from his hand looking at the two of them.

"Really guys? This by no means a good time to be messing around"

He came over to Elizer and help him onto his feet, all the while inspecting the binding spell.

"Aaaand what the heck is this about?"

A man dressed in an American Marine uniform entered the D6 cafeteria where most of the team had spent there time after the mission. Most of his outfit was covered head to toe in blood, though the man obviously didn't mind it all that much. He grabbed a can of soda and dropped down into a chair as he drank it.

"Shit it's been a rough day. I take it all you folks have it pretty easy playing with yourselves in the base all day"

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
"Shit it's been a rough day. I take it all you folks have it pretty easy playing with yourselves in the base all day"

Richard heard someone comment. At first he didn't mind what the man had said, but when he saw the blood that had dripped on the floor all over, something snapped in him, and he got really annoyed. Giving Azkar some more time to chose her drink and answer him, he took a handful of napkins, walked up to the man and handed them to him.

"Well, most of the people in the room are scientists... doesn't take a genius to see that they usually stay in base," Richard said, mockingly. "However, I doubt you'd get that, if you're stupid enough to walk into a cafeteria with demon-blood, which I assume it is, all over you. Are you trying to fuck everyone up here? Even the smell from demon-blood can make every demon in the labs react, and depending on what kind it is people could get sick. If someone gets on their shoes or clothes and goes to an experiment, you might ruin it. Also, it's a eating-place, slow-witted fool." He pointed at the people around them, most of them scientists still wearing their coats.

"These people are having a break in their work, which you might ruin because you are an idiot. That's research that might or already have saved your life." He stopped waving his arms around. He was frowning and thought that was enough, but then he added; "Also, I, that girl," he pointed at Azkar. He then pointed at Crow; "And that guy just returned from a mission, and we still had the decency to clean ourselves up. Show some respect, you jerk."

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
Eliezer was struggling against the Agent, if he still had his demonic powers he could change his form to something stronger, overpower the Agent and escape, but that was then, right now he had to concentrate on the now. It was pitiful how defenceless he was, the human form he was cursed to inhabit was small and fragile, even if he was immortal, bones still broke and skin still tore at the merest attack. But there was no point lingering on the what might be, he could not afford that now, one slip up and he would be back on the plane and stuffed back into a cell.

The Agent he was wrestling was pulled off him by an invisible hand, the chain pulled tight, causing Eliezer to stagger forward. Yet another one of D.I.C.E's lackey's stood in front of him.

"Aaaand what the heck is this about?"

"All...I...wanted...was...to...go...for...a...walk!" He panted, catching his breath every other word, "Why don't you ask the fine agent here, or maybe the mummy who did this?"

Azkar Almsivi

Sep 3, 2012
Azkar turned around with a cup of tea and began to sip it, she pulled a face and put in a another teaspoon of sugar. After sipping it again and mulling over Richard's choice of destination, she saw Richard begin accosting some filthy guy. He was coated in demon blood, with a sigh Azkar meandered over to the service phone and called it in.
By the time Richard finished with a limp insult several quarantine guys jogged in, one of them wielding a high pressure hose. Azkar casually flipped a table with her foot then nudged Richard hard with the tip of her boot behind his knee, causing him to stumble, she then placed a foot on his rear and pushed him behind the table on his knees. Azkar sat down next to him, crossing her legs and kept sipping as the high pressure hose began pelting the room and the now coughing and spluttering marine as the water pushed him against a wall. Azkar turned to Richard and gave a cheery smile "I'd like to go somewhere with a pretty country side."

Azkar heard the marine splutter something about her being a female dog snitch. Azkar gave Richard and embarrassed smile, placed her tea on the ground and stood up quickly, grasping a chair with both hands and throwing it savagely at the man, those hose increased it's momentum and the man cried out when it hit his back with a load crack. She then sat back down, her hair and face dripping with water and began sipping at her tea again. "I think France could be nice, did that guy want to come or is he one of those emo people?" Azkar tilted her head inquisitively and started sliding her fingers through her hair to get some of the water out with her free hand.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
One moment he had been talking to the guy with the demon blood all over, the second after he had been pushed behind a flipped over table with Azkar sitting on his side. He could see that there was a group of quarantine people spraying the room with a high-pressure hose. Richard couldn't help but smile a unusually sly -at least for him- smile as the marine was getting cleaned. That was what you got for messing up the cafeteria. Azkar smiled at him.

"I'd like to go somewhere with a pretty country side."

Richard didn't really know about where there were pretty country sides, so he just nodded. One of the countries he mentioned should be okay, right? He caught a few words about someone being a ***** or the likes, and Azkar's smile changed into a more embarrassed one, before she threw a chair at the man, which sounded painful. It didn't take much for Richard to realize that she was the one who had gotten the quarantine guys there, and he was thankful for that. He really couldn't stand the thought of ruined food or research, and most of all, unclean locations. Azkar sat down, picked up the cup of tea she had been drinking, and commented.

"I think France could be nice, did that guy want to come or is he one of those emo people?"

"Yeah, France sounds great," Richard said, not really sure what kind of place it was. Then that was decided, at least. "And Crow can't really come, considering he's a lab-created demon. The other scientists usually don't let them do as they want even here, Crow is somewhat of an exception, at least from what I know." He shrugged. "Which is not much, considering I usually avoid those guys."
"So, France it is, Paris, or somewhere else?" Paris was the only place he knew about in France. He glanced towards the marine another time, yet again finding himself smiling mischievously, laughing softly as quietly as he could. "Also, thanks for doing that. I really owe you one."

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
He crawled, and crawled and crawled until blisters formed on his hand, popped, and formed new blisters. Danny never imagined there could be friction in such a sleek surface but his pain told him otherwise. He wondered what his hands looked like and turned his head back. He noticed a trail of blood behind him, and after looking forwards again Danny realized that the box was still the same distance away. How the fuck didn't I notice that? He got up and looked for the box; it was still there. Not bothering with profanities, Danny simply ran for the box. Within minutes, it was within his reach. He lunged for the box only to be pushed back by an invisible force. He tried again, jumping with even more force. This time, he was thrown back even further. With his suspicion confirmed, Danny simply walked towards the box. He slowly reached for the box. That was when he turned around and began walking in other direction. He had expected bottomless pits, invisible traps but not a possession of his legs. He had to give it to the master; it was thinking outside the box. As much as Danny would have loved to further muse, he had to find a way to stop his legs.

He tried to jump, but nothing happened. He tried to fall, but nothing happened either. Eventually, he couldn't even feel his legs. He had no choice but to keep walking away, and Danny hated every moment of it. Swearing ensued until he had no voice, and after that he fell asleep.

When he woke back up, he noticed that he had stopped. In front of him was the same box in design. There was nothing different about this box and for all Danny knew it could have been the same box he had encountered. He looked beyond it for blood but couldn't make anything out. He could feel and control his legs again so it appeared that he had a choice. Without thinking twice, Danny moved in the other direction. Some would call him stubborn, others insane. He preferred, dedicated.

It wasn't long before he reached the box again; all he had to do was walk backwards in a general direction and then follow the blood. He calmly reached for the box but just before he touched it, another box appeared next to it with the words 'EXIT' written in red. He considered it for a few minutes, but looked back at his blood-dried hands. I've come too far to back out now. Not today my friend, not today. He grabbed the original box and opened it. He looked inside and noticed that it had no bottom. He closed his eyes and put his hand through. When he opened them, he was back in the facility.