D2 Ladder Reset, What has it Brought You?

dehboy

Dec 21, 2009
As many people might know, Blizzard reset Diablo 2's ladder season last week. As we reach the 168 hour mark (1 week), I'm curious to what this season's ladder reset has brought you. (Feel free to share your level, your character, and what you have planned for the new ladder season.)

Have you found a high rune? Have you crafted a godly amulet? Have you made a perfect spirit monarch?

The best I have to show for the new ladder season is a Vipermagi and a Hel rune, which is pretty pathetic. I haven't done a lot of magic finding yet, though. I'm up to level 72 on my light sorceress and hoping to get to hell Baal tonight. If I can, I might be able to tip into the top 1000!

KimberlyGoreHound

Mar 17, 2010
I had no idea the ladder was resetting, nor do I really care. I prefer to simply remain on nonladder, making character after character, dicking around with various builds. Of course, I don't even have access to Diablo II at the moment, so it matters little anyway.

Congrats on doing well with your sorceress thus far.

dehboy

Dec 21, 2009
KimberlyGoreHound said:
...dicking around with various builds...
Actually, you might be happy to know that with the ladder reset came the ability to respec your character! Now you'll only ever need to make one of each character, then you're covered!

Also, thanks! Hopefully I'll be able to grab some better gear soon!

Rezfon

Feb 25, 2008
I never played much D2, made it up to act 4 and I stopped for some unknown reason. However now you've mentioned this I'm reinstalling at as I type this, might have a go at some online, any advice?

KimberlyGoreHound

Mar 17, 2010
dehboy said:
KimberlyGoreHound said:
...dicking around with various builds...
Actually, you might be happy to know that with the ladder reset came the ability to respec your character! Now you'll only ever need to make one of each character, then you're covered!
Holy shit, really!? Wow...I'll definitely have to get into it again when I'm once again able to get on my computer. Thanks for the update!

dehboy

Dec 21, 2009
Rezfon said:
I never played much D2, made it up to act 4 and I stopped for some unknown reason. However now you've mentioned this I'm reinstalling at as I type this, might have a go at some online, any advice?
My advice would be play a character that is good at magic finding at the start. Sorceresses are great because of their ability to teleport and move around the map quickly. Plus, since all their damage comes from their spells (where as melee classes are reliant on finding a good weapon), they make a great character to start out with. Trap assassins are pretty solid as well. Just remember to stick to one skill tree for maximum damage (cold, fire, or light).

Holy shit, really!? Wow...I'll definitely have to get into it again when I'm once again able to get on my computer. Thanks for the update!
Not a problem, I didn't know until two days before!