Dad Shares Video of Daughter's Adorable Marvel Trivia Test

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Dad Shares Video of Daughter's Adorable Marvel Trivia Test

Four year old Mia Grace demonstrates her ability to geek out in a Marvel-centric comic quiz.

One of the scariest parts of being a father is the knowledge that you, as a parent, are responsible for the education of another human being. Setting aside the logistics of making sure they pay attention and learn, the trickiest business is often deciding what to teach them. We live in a world filled to the brim with knowledge of all varieties. A mere Google search can introduce you to an endless variety of subjects, any of which could take years to explore and master. For one father however, answering the question of what to teach his daughter was simple: superheroes.

Reddit user sooperskip, who runs the website Daddy Dad Blog, recently posted a video to YouTube where he quizzes his daughter, Mia Grace, on all things Marvel. Considering she's only four, Mia's knowledge of the Marvel universe is actually fairly impressive and while her Dad does have to offer a few hints here to jog her memory it's undeniably adorable to see the recognition pop in her eyes when she remembers an answer. The element that really makes the video, however, is the clear pride Dad has in his daughter. While her has refrained from showing her the movies because of her age, he reads comics with her and describes her as a "superhero junkie." He looks about as pleased as a plum during the trivia session.

I will confess to this one striking a personal chord for me. My own daughter will be ten months old in about a week and one of my greatest fears is that she'll be pushed by the world's expectations to like certain things, and only certain things. Being a comic fan myself, I would, of course, love it if she were to grow up sharing that hobby with me. That said, my bigger concern is just making sure she feels personally free to enjoy whatever she wants, whether it's princesses or The Avengers. The existence of little Girls like Mia, who her Dad describes her as being "at her heart a Princess" in addition to her love of Marvel is more than a touch encouraging.

Source: <a href=http://nerdapproved.com/misc-weirdness/this-little-girl-knows-more-about-marvel-than-the-rest-of-us-combined-video/#more-96990>Nerd Approved

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Omg, this is awesome and cute. This guy gets an Awesome Dad award. You are definitely one of a kind.

captcha: great taste
Yes Lord Inglip, this child has impeccable taste.

VectorZero

Apr 15, 2010
My daughter is 10 months old today. I have had the same thoughts. She likes Miracle of Sound, so there's hope :)

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
Amazingly cute child and with geek knowlege like that she will clearly go far in life :p

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
D'aww she got a cute voice!
Also he raise her well (I can he was playful when educating her about Marvel stuff) to know that much for a four year old!

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
If she gets more than 5 wrong SHE GOES IN THE BOX!!!

I only joke this was quite funny. Be happy Marvel you got free adorable advertisement.

wetfart

Jul 11, 2010
Well now that the bar has been set I feel like I need to rise to the challenge as a SAHD myself.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Just glad I knew some of the answers myself, even though I don't follow Marvel that closely.
Had the exact same feeling :D
I only read some comics and followed cartoons as a child but apparently something has stuck with me.
When it got to Thanos and Captain Marvel stuck inside a green stone or something I was completely lost :p

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
If I were a super villain I would clone her so I could have her as my very own daughter!

Funny video >.>

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Kinda reminds me of that one video where a 4 year old or so asks her dad to put on Hatebreed and start singing along.
So there is hope for the next generation.

Side note; She knows WAAAY more than i do or probably ever will.

Edit; On the captcha question "which of the following is a country" Monster Truck is apparently a viable answer.

Maybe its a nice vacation place.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
This reminds me of my friend's daughter. She's a little younger but they're nerding her up pretty good. She gets really annoyed when they don't let her watch various Marvel cartoons....especially the 90s Xmen.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Blunderboy said:
Aww cute.
But why do people film vertically?
Thank you for this VVS public servcie announcement. I didn't make it through the Marvel Trivia video, but i made it through this. Humored!

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Clankenbeard said:
Blunderboy said:
Aww cute.
Thank you for this VVS public servcie announcement. I didn't make it through the Marvel Trivia video, but i made it through this. Humored!
You're welcome brother. Spread the word.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Damn it!
I was doing so well up until Iron Man's best friend (I said Steve Rogers), Iron Man's girlfriend (I'm pretty sure he doesn't have one) and the Infinity Gauntlet stuff.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
antidonkey said:
This reminds me of my friend's daughter. She's a little younger but they're nerding her up pretty good. She gets really annoyed when they don't let her watch various Marvel cartoons....especially the 90s Xmen.
With good reason. The opening of the 90s X-Men series alone is enough to hook you on that show.

magicmonkeybars

Gullible Dolt
Nov 20, 2007
Blunderboy said:
Aww cute.

It's a conspiracy by the people who design mobile phones !!!

OT: While this is very cute it's also religious indoctrination, if this was about the bible certain people would probably freak out.
Maybe in a hundred years, you'll be walking through the streets of Boston when a group of men walk up to you and ask you " Marvel or DC ?" and you'll better give the right answer. (god help you if you mention cross-overs.)