Daily Drop: Glass Paperweight

itaigreif

May 19, 2009
Honestly... guys; I know your direction is "let's just feel the site up with press released and video clips", but every day breaking something else? And THAT'S IT?
Please - give some actual CONTENT. Remember content?

CyanAngel

Cloud Chaser
Sep 11, 2008
a note to those complaining about the drop height, look at Paul's head, he's about 5 inches from the roof. Unless they did the drops outside I don't think it can get much higher

Interesting video I look forward to seeing how this develops

BakaMick

Jun 25, 2009
If this show proves anything, it's that people are easily amused, and I am one of these people.

hypermage

Feb 13, 2010
After this finished I immediately watched it again. And again. About five or six times. I never ever watch any videos even twice in a row like that. Just making my thoughts clear.

J a m m y said:
According to them on Twitter they rented it, and for five days recorded things breaking for fourteen hours a day. They said buying one costs as much as a new car.
Richard Pippy said:
They rented one for a week and dropped a season's worth of stuff. Apparently even a rental was expensive. There is no point in making requests for stuff to drop since they don't have it anymore.
Yeah, I saw those. I really hope this series gets the good run it deserves, not least given the effort that's gone into it.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
GeneticallyModifiedDucks said:
You know, at first I thought this was stupid... and I still do.

Have to say it did look kind of cool with this thing, but really I don't see the point to this.
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
I'm afraid i'm still not seeing the point in all this.
the point is....there is no point.
just watch things get shattered or don't.

SilentBobsThoughts

Dec 29, 2009
MattAn24 said:
Huh. I'm actually around for the first few comments.. Neat!

It is obvious that Paul is designated scientist, for it is he who is currently doing science up in here. Alas, sans beard.

Anyway, that Daily Drop glass reverse-break is AWESOME. I love that bit. Cool elevator too!

As for the drop.. Poor little fish glass thing.. But it knew the risks!

EDIT: So far, there are -two- Escapists I've seen in this comments thread alone that "don't see the point in this". IT'S SCIENCE AND IT'S AWESOME. Does it have to "have a point"?

The LRR forum is unanimous with "this idea is the greatest thing ever". So.. You obviously have no taste.
Not no-taste, more, varied, different.

O.T. The only thing that I missed was a reverse shot :( I, for some reason, loved it :)

Metzeten

Oct 16, 2009
*sigh* You guys and people like mythbusters really make me jealous.

You get paid for having fun and breaking things.....

Looks fun by the way.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
While this video was pretty cool, I have a feeling this show will get old reeaally quick.

Ossian

Mar 11, 2010
For those asking what is the point... there is none! Get it? That is the beauty of it, pure unadulterated destruction of household objects.

ranger19

Nov 19, 2008
Somewhat entertaining, but did you guys seriously put a 31 second ad in front of a 90 second video? No way that's worth my time.. and I can't see how anyone can stand for it.

GRoXERs

Feb 4, 2009
More of these, please. It's a pleasure to see things breaking in actual, non-choppy slow motion.

JerrytheBullfrog

Dec 30, 2009
itaigreif said:
Honestly... guys; I know your direction is "let's just feel the site up with press released and video clips", but every day breaking something else? And THAT'S IT?
Please - give some actual CONTENT. Remember content?
Why would I have to remember it? I can just look at the front page.

There's still content here, but this is just something silly and fun. Remember fun?

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Wow, 14 hours a day for 5 days, I hope the last object falling in slow motion wasn't Paul :)

Looking forward to more of these.

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
I can see the appeal, but needs to be slower. Especially with things like glass.

I'm going to keep an eye on this series, but I'm not gonna build my hopes up.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Yeah, damn, I don't enjoy everything on the site, but the stuff I do enjoy more than makes it worth my while visiting, you could have an hour of bloody Halo videos each week and I wouldn't care, so long as nothing gets pushed off site to make room :)

This is EXTRA stuff people, it's doing no harm even if you don't enjoy mindless vandalism for its own sake.

Which I do :D

Not saying there can't be criticism, and there's gonna be more of that, but it's not like they've robbed you of anything, anyone viewing the video had a pretty good idea of what was coming up, so you can't even demand that minute of your life back :D

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Artorius said:
Time Warp meets the Escapists looking forward to the premise :)
and poor everyday objects xD.
though i wonder how Graham and the others got their hands on a High Speed camera..
far as i know those things WORTH a fortune.
They stole it.
.>
IM WATCHING YOU!

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
paul is the perfect person to do this. I think before he drops he should say "stand back! I'm going to try science!"

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
I know you guys have probably already lost the sense of mystique with the first vid, but I got the feeling it would have been more exciting had you not shown the good doctor there actually standing on the ladder. I mean, you get this real sense of suspense descending in the elevator, so you expect the height on display to be significant.

Maybe in future you could show the object dropping from somewhere high, and then cut to dropping from the actual height (implying that the object has been dropped from far higher than it was.) Just a thought, otherwise, fun stuff :3