Daily Drop: Gourds

WTarrasque

Oct 24, 2010
doomboy29 said:
Also Disappointment from lack of crowbar.
I concur. In fact, I watch many of these drops for similar reasons a lot of Nascar "fans" go to the race, just to see an epic crash (crowbar!).

Spolin

Nov 22, 2010
Could've used more smashing.

Also, it sounded like the sound wasn't slowed down for this one, I could still hear the sound of all of them hitting the ground, then silence.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
It would have been neat to see them hit with a crowbar.

also HOLY CRAP IT'S A POOCHIE!!!

I had one of those as a kid. yeah thank god i sold it in the garage sale.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Didn't one of those gourds hit the stand of that EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE rented slow-motion camera? If that doesn't call for some crowbar punishment, I don't know what does!

[small]Do eeeet... dooooo eeeeeeeeeet....[/small]

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
Those were only frozen pumpkins... arn't Gourds an Asian Drinking Container? or is that spelled Goards?

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Bouncyness doesn't give an excuse for not being smashed by the crowbar.

GrinningManiac said:
What's a gourd? Minipumpkin?

Also, no crowbar?!
No idea. [http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gourds]

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
OK everyone. I know that wasn't so interesting, and everybody loves a good crowbarring, I suspect the reason that wasn't considered a failure was because these weren't real gourds, (eg. vegetables), but rather, decorative plastic ones.

So... Of course they're not going to smash. And a crowbar wouldn't do much either.

Oh well.

Reptiloid

Nov 10, 2010
The crowbaring is far and few between. I know this isn't "Daily Crowbar Bash", but... it's just SO awesome and satisfying! Please throw in a few more of those every now and then... remember, a failed drop isn't the only occasion where a crowbar is needed. A crowbar is ALWAYS needed, no matter the situation.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
That was awesome, I love how it bumped the camera.

I have a musical instrument from China that's made from a gourd, three reed pipes and a bunch of string. It's awesome.

Pholark

Nov 17, 2010
Well guys, I guess the Gourd is indestructible. Oh well, the moment in the slo-mo where one of the Gourds did a flip over the other was kinda cool.

CultistRat

Sep 18, 2009
After none of them broke, I was thinking "Crowbar, crowbar, crowbar!", but that didn't happen.
Now I am dissapoint.

daedrick

Jul 23, 2008
So yeah, am I the only one to notice the sounds doesn't match the video? Im pretty sure Im not, but still, have to point that out just in case.

UtterTramp

Oct 29, 2009
That reminded me of some deep space footage - asteroids revolving in zero G. You should place/drop little triangle (Asteroids game!), shuttle glued to one of them gourds (X2 or Homeworld series), or Millenium Falcon :).
On the side note - I think that lack of directing kills the whole thing a bit, but that's just my opinion.

Snipper64

Mar 1, 2010
doomboy29 said:
BOING!
I concur. In fact, I watch many of these drops for similar reasons a lot of Nascar "fans" go to the race, just to see an epic crash (crowbar!).
tehbeard said:
I concur with my internet-ers, needs more crowbar :/
GrinningManiac said:
What's a gourd? Minipumpkin?

Also, no crowbar?!
Denamic said:
There's a clear lack of destruction in this video.
...yeah... needed more crowbar me thinks...