Daily Drop: PlayStation

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
PlayStation

The only thing that could make this better is if we also smashed a copy of The Simpsons Wrestling.

Watch Video

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
The PS1 was also made on Nintendium? Man, what did manufacturers plan on these things to do- explore space?

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Sturdy as hell that thing. That's not the quality we see of today.

pluizig

Jan 11, 2010
I wondered if the lid would open in the drop, but sadly you dropped it with the lid open both times :(

Seriphina

Apr 24, 2010
i was curious as to if it still worked after the drop there but then they brought in the crow bar awwww!!
Man drop one the new wee white ps1's! Bet that wouldnt survive!

mraaaa

Nov 23, 2010
Graham_LRR said:
PlayStation

The only thing that could make this better is if we also smashed a copy of The Simpsons Wrestling.

Watch Video
Actually given recent events, I think another thing that might have made it better for some people is if you dropped it on a Sony executive's head.

(...and then crowbarred it)

Eisenfaust

Two horses in a man costume
Apr 20, 2009
says the FBI investigator to his boss:

"sir, i've got a feeling this Playstation case is going to be cracked WIDE open!"

i'm so, so sorry

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wow the fact that the Xbox 360 daily drop broke upon the first drop while Playstation didn't break (well got the lid to open). They sure don't built console like they used to.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
unacomn said:
Resilient little bugger. It's like the AK47 of consoles.
Their software is shit, but their hardware is untouchable.

I'm suprised they didn't take another whack with the crowbar.

Resonantscythe

Jul 28, 2009
At first I was like "yup, expected that old thing would keep it together well"

Then: "oh,looks like this is gonna take a few more dr-oh, crowbar...yup, there it goes"

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
Wow the fact that the Xbox 360 daily drop broke upon the first drop while Playstation didn't break (well got the lid to open). They sure don't built console like they used to.
I'd like to see them drop just an Xbox (not the 360) and see how it holds up for them when compared to the 360 drop. Although they might dent the floor with an original Xbox. But yes, they don't build them like they used to unfortunately.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
Most people would probably have expected you to drop a PS3 but then you wouldn't have..........

3 PS3s.

Sorry I just had to do that.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I did this after my PSX crapped out and wouldn't play Tekken 3 anymore. I didn't have a crowbar handy tho, so I had to use a heavy piece of Coral Rock. 5 drops from 2 stories up and it barely cracked so out came the heavy coral and bye bye PSX.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Yopaz said:
Sturdy as hell that thing. That's not the quality we see of today.
The quality of products is noticeably worse as time passes. My family had a microwave, that was as big as a dog house, that lasted 30 years.

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
Oh-ho-ho.. i c wut u did that, lrr. :D

How delightfully relevant to the last full week of news.

I miss those days.. When consoles weren't online. Sure, it's fun playing online with others now, but it was just so much.. "Safer", then?

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Eisenfaust said:
says the FBI investigator to his boss:

"sir, i've got a feeling this Playstation case is going to be cracked WIDE open!"

i'm so, so sorry
You had to have a shower after that one, didn't you?