Daily Drop: Ted the Cat

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
Ted is such a pussy. (hehehehehe) My cat is used to jumping down from high places and is ready to forgive me for anything before I even give her treats. She'd be able to handle it like a MAN. Cat... MAN-CAT.

Xennon

Apr 24, 2004
Random facts about dropping cats. Cats have a non fatal terminal velocity, meaning you can drop a cat out of a plane and it would survive.

Also, a cat is more likely to be injured from a fall between 3 stories and 7 stories, than a fall out of a plane. This is because they don't have time to orient themselves and spread their bodies to 'parachute' and subsequently absorb the impact.

Daily Drop, please do not drop a cat out of a plane.

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
Really interesting to see how the cat's muscles work in that situation.

Also : WHO'S THE CAT?? YOU'RE THE CAAAT :)

beema

Aug 19, 2009
It was amazing to see the force of impact rippling through his front legs.

that cat is adorable, btw

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
I can imagine Alex's bloody corpse being the next drop if he had actually swung that crowbar at Mr. Ted.

Novur

Nov 3, 2009
To adm- -minister -crowbar to animals is frequently a very difficul- -t matter.

Mar 16, 2009
viperhalfdragon said:
Now to really F with our minds, the cat shatters like pottery when it hits the floor
Holy shit, my mind is blown just from the thought of that.

We need either basic video editing skills, or we need to create a golem-cat out of clay... and then drop it from a ladder.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
OMG OMG DON'T USE THE CROWBAR ON THE KITTY!!!

Whew, had me going there, Alex.

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
This is a pretty epic drop. I'm putting it at #4 on my list, behind Light Bulb, TV, and Jello. :)
Nimzar said:
When I saw the Crowbar sequence I was hoping that it would be a crowbar with a bit of string tied to the end used to tease the cat into jumping several feet in the air.
nukethetuna said:
Ha, I half expected when he pointed for the usual Crowbar for it to say "Catnip is ready" or something.
Either of those would've been cool! :)
mraaaa said:
I knew the crowbar was a ruse since Kathleen knows where you live, and would have murdered you with a rusty spoon (twice), but interesting episode nonetheless.
Well, yeah, especially since Alex lives in the same house as Kathleen and Graham.
Grahav said:
What is the song in the end of the video?
Go here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/music
Click Younnat and download "Cardiologists Decided to Not Go to Bed"
punipunipyo said:
um... did the owner approved?
The owner is the person who dropped him.