Daily Drop: Television

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Television

TVs these days will scratch if hit with a strong breeze.

Watch Video

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
That thing is built like a brick shithouse. Still, was entertaining none the less.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Jesus! That thing just dosnt know how to die!

lmao @ Cinder Block!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Woah Woah! There is a plan B should the crowbar fail?

Regardless *clap* Not only was that the largest and heaviest thing you drop but once again it shows just how tough the retro products were unlikethe nice but fragile flat screen TV.
So bravo to the old stuff for I salute you!

mraaaa

Nov 23, 2010
Wow. But I wished you hadn't quit, that thing earned a full height cinder block drop. Although maybe you borrowed/'borrowed' the cinderblock from someone/where and didn't want to break it (more).

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Hey isn't the tagline "One ladder, one high speed camera."
I clearly saw two ladders there.

Anyway. That was incredible, I can't believe the thing was so strong.

I wonder if we'll see more of the cinderblock?

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Okay, so all the cinder block did was chip the screen? DAMN! Stuff from the 80's was built like a tank!

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
you should have gone all Peter Gabriel on that thing!

SLEDGEHAMMER! (then follow it up with the synthesizer riff)

Somebloke

Aug 5, 2010
It kind of looked like the thing was prancing around victoriously after that last hit. "Who's the boss, huh, who's the boss?"

Kingsnake661

Dec 29, 2010
I was waiting for them to go "Shotgun" on it... but, that accually could have been really dangerous.

I'm wondering.. will there be a rematch?

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
CRT TVs wont break from a frontal assault, the glass is way too thick to be broken by a fall like that, there's also vacuum inside so it's built to last. If they had attacked it from behind it would knock off the protection from the back and cause an implosion. My physics teacher in high school taught me that, a wisdom he gained when he was trying to help a friend move his TV.
TV imploded by one drop to the floor because the back of it hit the table the TV was on.

hyker

Feb 2, 2010
holy shit
nowadays, TV wil shatter if you knovk it, or throw a plastic wii controller to it
back then dropping a cinderblock twice and hitting it with a crowbar isn't enough