Daily Drop: VCR

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Ummmmm, I'm getting a "200 Error" Stream Not Found. Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: Seems as though I'm not the only one.

Buck Wilde

Jul 15, 2009
Gettin the same error, obviously due to Yahtzee's new video breaking the site with the traffic it's generating.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Hamster toppled off the wheel, but it should be playing again now.

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
Hmm. I feel as if it could have used another crowbar hit, but it was alright.

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
Hmm, either my own internet is fudged, or the whole Escapist is ruined (I suppose Yahtzee DID just post his Portal 2 review...)

But in any case, two OMG moments:

1. That's not my grandfather's DVR, it's my father's. Literally. That freakin' 6-head extra HQ (but not SVHS) Mitsubishi model with the mega-fast winding and awesome studio-spec jog and search control wheel that they - like a bunch of utter dicks - patented and wouldn't let anyone else use.
It's also the one which became quasi-mine when he moved out and left it behind. Until one of the spindle bearings wore out and it started making awful squealing noises.

Dibs on any usable spare parts it may have in there. I'll swap you one of my Walmart / Thrift-Store class spares that's lurking in the garage. You can cinderblock those to your heart's content. But please don't ruin any more nice and fairly unique models like this! I still have far too many VHS tapes about. Never quite get round to just capturing them all to a 2Tb hard disk or three.

(NES, PSX? Fine, there's bajillions of them. Can't be more than a few hundred thousand like this, 99% already junked...)

2. Lambi: Faris! Squeee! Which artist is that, then? :p

retterkl

Oct 27, 2008
I think there should have been a 'Finish Him' section to this one, that thing was ready to go :p

Tuqui

Mar 2, 2011
retterkl said:
I think there should have been a 'Finish Him' section to this one, that thing was ready to go :p
Specialy for the "god" items we have seen this far.

Magnax

Nov 19, 2009
I really don't like the crowbar - it never seems to have much impact, and winds up underwhelming. A sledgehammer would be better.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
After this and the TV, I'm thinking that a new phase needs to be added after Crowbar. Cinder Block was okay, but I humbly suggest Sledgehammer. It's more in the same vein as the Crowbar than Cinder Block was and I'd wager it could provide some very impressive results.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
(cheezy commentator voice) And the crowbar makes a triumphant return after it's embarassing defeat at the hands of the television!

Is it just me though, or is there more junk in the area surrounding the drop zone than usual?

Curious.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
"You got your crowbar in my VCR!"

"You got my crowbar stuck in your VCR!"

Two great things that go great together!