Daily Drop: VCR

krickit

Jan 16, 2011
UNHchabo said:
I think this one could have used at least one more drop before getting out the crowbar. As it stood, this one ended too quickly for me.
Agreed. If to emphasise, consider one of your early videos - http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/daily-drop/2206-Salt-Pepper - you drop it several times to no success, using the crowbar music during them, instead of cutting to it when you go to hit it with the crowbar which adds no tension to it.
When you hit this one with the crowbar, it barely broke, just the front, where's the rest of it? I wanna see the guts!
The TV was the same, although better because you hit it several times, but you gave in when you only managed to crack the screen a little. Why you did not just drop the cinder block on it again, or even went Homer Simpson style on it and smashed it with the block on the end of a chain (Which would be intolerably awesome in slow motion) confuses me.
So I guess you're all doing this on one day and ARE probably trying to work to a schedule, but you'd have to remember then that we're watching this one video at a time, and I'd rather have a longer video than one cut short which is shittier.

Wow, I'm now a fanboy.

Hijax

Jun 1, 2009
Since i stated playing Shadowrun, whenever i see VCR, i first think "Vehicle Control Rig", then i realize that those do not exist yet.

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
krickit said:
So I guess you're all doing this on one day and ARE probably trying to work to a schedule, but you'd have to remember then that we're watching this one video at a time, and I'd rather have a longer video than one cut short which is shittier.
My understanding is that they've already finished filming for all of this (they only had control of the high-speed camera for a day (or a week, can't remember) so I'm guessing all the improvement comments are appreciated, but ultimately ignored as they can't go and film it again.

OR I could be talking out my ass and have no clue as to where as I got that information from.

Either way, I felt it needed more crowbar. I know either situation doesn't call for that comment, but... shut up.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
I don't really watch this show much, but I pop in once in a while...
Simply because CROWBAR IS READY makes me giggle.

krickit

Jan 16, 2011
Dooly95 said:
krickit said:
So >>I guess you're all doing this on one day<< and ARE probably trying to work to a schedule, but you'd have to remember then that we're watching this one video at a time, and I'd rather have a longer video than one cut short which is shittier.
My understanding is that they've already finished filming for all of this (they only had control of the high-speed camera for a day (or a week, can't remember) so I'm guessing all the improvement comments are appreciated, but ultimately ignored as they can't go and film it again.

OR I could be talking out my ass and have no clue as to where as I got that information from.

Either way, I felt it needed more crowbar. I know either situation doesn't call for that comment, but... shut up.
Read. Whenever they do a new season they could use my advice, for the time being.

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
Not a bad one. Not great, but at least average.
krickit said:
Well, they recorded the entire series 16 hours a day for 3 days several months prior to the series coming out. Those cameras cost as much as a small house to buy, so you can imagine renting them is also very expensive. So, yeah. Deadlines were VERY important to them.
stikku said:
Graham needs an aim bot,
Seriously he barely hit it
That's not Graham. That's Alex.