"Damn, this song is good."

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
We all like music here, I gather. I know I listen to copious amounts of it. But, have you ever stopped in your tracks listening to a song, and said to yourself: "Damn, this song is amazing. This is the stuff right here."? A song that when you heard it, you had no choice but to rock the hell out?

The most recent one for me was Elimination, by Overkill.
I was listening to it and just thought to myself, "Holy crap, is this song awesome. I need to share it with people!"

GregerFisk

May 25, 2012
I have heard many songs that made me think this. Here are two examples:
Municipal Waste - Massive Aggressive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmikwin_eTQ
Fleshgod Apocalypse - The Egoism
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJyWi0iuk0E

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
BreakfastMan said:
A song that when you heard it, you had no choice but to rock the hell out?
Yes... I know what you mean, but... how does one 'rock the hell out' to baroque music?!

Granted, I encounter good tracks from a lot of genres, only to put it on a loop about two dozen times before I finally move on...

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
This song makes me want to rock the fuck out everytime!

Classic British Post-Punk.

They sure don't make it like they used to...

[small]Also...Fuck the Metallica cover of this song! [/small]

JayElleBee

Jul 9, 2010
That has happened to me with a lot of Poets of The Fall's music. The very first time was with War (which I heard on the radio in Alan Wake. It left... a hell of an impression).

The second time was with Cradled In Love.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
SckizoBoy said:
BreakfastMan said:
A song that when you heard it, you had no choice but to rock the hell out?
Yes... I know what you mean, but... how does one 'rock the hell out' to baroque music?!

Granted, I encounter good tracks from a lot of genres, only to put it on a loop about two dozen times before I finally move on...
Easy, just put on some Bach and Vivaldi and you're good to go! :D

Like this!

[sub][sub]So says the orchdork. >.>[/sub][/sub]

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
JayElleBee said:
That has happened to me with a lot of Poets of The Fall's music. The very first time was with War (which I heard on the radio in Alan Wake. It left... a hell of an impression).

Oh... now I need to go listen to 'em again... -_- with me, first time was when I heard 'Lift'.

Fiz_The_Toaster said:

Like this!

Nnnnn... not really a fan of updated stylised versions of it... though having said that, the Toccata & Fugue in D-minor was originally written for the violin, before Bach transcribed it for the organ. And it's a ***** to play... -_-

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
SckizoBoy said:
JayElleBee said:

Oh... now I need to go listen to 'em again... -_- with me, first time was when I heard 'Lift'.

Fiz_The_Toaster said:

Like this!

Nnnnn... not really a fan of updated stylised versions of it... though having said that, the Toccata & Fugue in D-minor was originally written for the violin, before Bach transcribed it for the organ. And it's a ***** to play... -_-
Eh, it's the only Bach piece of his I could find really... He's an amazing violinist though, fastest fingers in the world!

I heard that and I found a transcript of it, and I showed it to some of my violin people and we shared a laugh of 'no way in hell am I ever going to play this right because it's so hard'.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
This song is made of high grade awesomeness!

When I listen to this, it's like there's a party in my skull and every robot is invited.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010

This band is ridiculously awesome... I demand a song about Irelia dammit! You did Riven already!

Oh and for all those times PW gets instakilled this song makes it all worthwhile...

TheFinish

Grand Admiral
May 17, 2010
This song, which randomly appeared while I was cruising in Brütal Legend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIZ-bxN9qrc&feature=related

I already knew Riot because I had an old copy of The Privilege of Power, but hearing that in BL made me revisit the band. 'Tis now one of my favorite bands ever.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Casual Shinji said:
This entire soundtrack was high grade awesome. The movie was only alright in my book, but every part of the music was undeniably perfect.

On a separate but related note, this song.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I've been digging this song recently:

It's a shame I haven't found any other Funkadelic songs that rock this much.

Breaker deGodot

Apr 14, 2009
I just started listening to Björk for the first time yesterday, and I have to admit she is absolutely amazing. My favorite song by far is Joga: