Damned: Multiplayer Survival Horror That Works

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012

How did this fly so far under the Escapist's radar? I have not seen any threads about it. Anyway, Damned's boasting feature is in essence Slender if the Slenderman was player controlled. The monster being player controlled adds unpredictability to a now tired formula for modern horror games. So what do you guys think?

Mental Cosmas

Jul 23, 2012
I've played the game and I think it's... alright. The "trap-setting" mechanic is a pretty cool idea in theory (and works decently well in practice), the idea that the sudden noises aren't merely jump scares but an alarm telling the monster where you are is brilliant really. Searching frantically for keys is something I question a little more, but then I can't really think of a good alternative so eh.

...I was going to mention some complaints, but i had a glance over at their forums and such, and it looks like it has updated quite a bit since I last played! More monsters that have abilities now, more stages, insanity events... WOW, I really should give it another go apparently. Thanks for reminding me of the game.

Does make me wonder if they may have made it available a little too early though, when I played it there was one monster (which I don't think had any ability) and talk of a second map, but that was about it. Then again, how much of these changes were brought about by taking advice from the people who bought it?

Can't say much about the game's current state, I do love the concept of the game, i enjoyed it for a bit when I played it, although it got stale quickly. But with multiple maps and monsters with abilities, and an insanity meter. Well... I'm going to give it another shot in any case.

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
I didn't even know this game was still around! I backed their campaign on Indiegogo ages ago but it failed. Thanks for putting it back on my radar!