Dante's Inferno

Oyster^^

Dec 27, 2008
More Fun To Compute said:
Is fun space game: the game going to properly model relativity in terms of handling time dilation and composition of velocities?
I can answer that.

No.

I think that Yahtzee should make this space game for the wii cause it has the bestest controls for everything.
But seriously so maybe its value will increase by a tiny bit so I can sell mine instead of letting it collect dust in my closet.

littlerudi08107

Sep 23, 2009
Yup, camera filters tend to work best on debris and other effects. Mass Effect did that alot in their vehicle sections

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Suskie said:
theultimateend said:
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Extra Punctuation: Dante's Inferno

Along with an update on Fun Space Game: The Game!

Read Full Article
So is an entertaining omage to one of the most popular games of its genre a bad thing?

I'm just curious. Since I think the biggest question with DI would be whether or not you had fun. The entire Renaissance was various artists copying one anothers work, while the end goal might have been different, the actions weren't.

What we got from that was many different views of the same same masterpieces. While I wouldn't call GOW a masterpiece it is interesting to see a different environmental take on it (though with a bit of exaggeration you can say its the same environment).
I vaguely remember him saying something in his review along the lines of, "The other difference between this and God of War, other than not being good..." Ripping something off isn't a problem if you rip it off well, and he doesn't seem to believe Dante's Inferno did that. I'd be inclined to agree.
Ah I must have overlooked that. So the only real difference is if it caters to what he likes.

Makes sense. I am less accepting of things I don't like, much like every other human in existence.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
Speaking of the Fun Space Game, there's something I've always felt there was missing in one and I haven't seen any of them implement it. Namely, melee weapons. Sure, you can blow up enemy ships with lasers or photon torpedoes, and you're gonna need force fields to stop your own ship from going down in flames. But wouldn't it be much simpler to put a massive lance on the front of your battleship and impale other ships with it? I'd like that. There's really nothing quite like a massive amount of kinetic energy to bring down your opponents.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
I look forward to Fun Space Game: The Game.

As for Dante's Inferno; what a disappointment. I was this close to getting it on Sunday, but then I remembered Hubilub and Yahtzee's wise words. I got Bayonetta instead, which is awesome. I may get it if the price goes down though.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Oyster^^ said:
Is fun space game: the game going to properly model relativity in terms of handling time dilation and composition of velocities?
I can answer that.

No.

I think that Yahtzee should make this space game for the wii cause it has the bestest controls for everything.
But seriously so maybe its value will increase by a tiny bit so I can sell mine instead of letting it collect dust in my closet.
I'm not sure what you are implying here. Try to focus your scorn on one thing at a time as I'm not sure of what combination of Physics, Nintendo and Yahtzee I need to sneer at and in which order or magnitude.

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
Finally Now I know yahtzee thinks exactly the same as I on this whole GOW v DMC thing

MGlBlaze

Oct 28, 2009
sizzle949 said:
Still enjoyed Dante, even if it was a rip off (blatantly). Can't wait to get a good look at Fun Space Game: The Game though!
It's sort of like how "Dot Game Heroes" on the PS3 is a blatant Zelda rip-off (or it seems to be), but I'm still looking forward to it. Just because things are very similar or 'ripped off' doesn't make them bad games, after all. Not to mention DGH has a very intriguing art-style.

I'm enjoying the updates Mr. Croshaw is including on his game project, too. It's actually pretty nice to see what else he's up to within reason. I'm wondering what he'll do for plot, though, since I'm almost certain he'll want to avoid a simple 'evil aliens' plot. Of course, adding some details would be all that would be needed to avoid that, but still.

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
I'm now suddenly fascinated by you giving a plot to your game. You're all about plot but your previous games have been games where plot was pretty easy to blend in. Space Fighters generally don't go beyond a cut screen at the start telling you why these ships deserve to die and why going to place X is a good thing. I lok forward to your game.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Yahtzee's game doesn't even have to be good, it'll be still critically acclaimed and unbashable.

Though I'll still play it :p

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
I'm impressed that you're sticking with Unity. Couldn't stand it much, myself. Since UDK came out, I've been exclusively trying to learn everything there is to know about that since nearly every decent game that's come out is using the Unreal engine in some manor or another.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
I played the Dante's demo and yes, it felt incredibly similar to GOW.

Devil May Cry has a whole different weight and feel to its movement and combat, whilst Dante's Inferno and GOW are almost identical.

It was still a pretty fun demo though.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Well Mr Croshaw, if that is your real name, I look forward to playing said space game, and dammit, I shall at least try to be as cruel and cynical to it as you are to everything.

Calumon: Why must everyone fight... can't we all just be friends?

Oyster^^

Dec 27, 2008
I'm not sure what you are implying here. Try to focus your scorn on one thing at a time as I'm not sure of what combination of Physics, Nintendo and Yahtzee I need to sneer at and in which order or magnitude.
Lesse, Nintendo gets scorn magnitude of "Pant's-around-knees-backwards-cap-douche", physics gets "that-paper-totally-was-better-than-a-65", and yahtzee gets a solid "professional-athlete" level. Getting paid to do something this fun? Jerk. But I still watch...

UnSeEn60

Nov 20, 2009
I just hope Fun Space Game: The Game isn't an X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter 'clone'. Eat that.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
LTK_70 said:
Speaking of the Fun Space Game, there's something I've always felt there was missing in one and I haven't seen any of them implement it. Namely, melee weapons. Sure, you can blow up enemy ships with lasers or photon torpedoes, and you're gonna need force fields to stop your own ship from going down in flames. But wouldn't it be much simpler to put a massive lance on the front of your battleship and impale other ships with it? I'd like that. There's really nothing quite like a massive amount of kinetic energy to bring down your opponents.
One of my favourite 'strategies' in Freespace when having almost killed an enemy was to divert all energy to the forward shield quadrant and propulsion, and ram right through the unlucky bastard.

Good times.

krseyffert

Jan 6, 2010
I'm eagerly following the development of 'Fun Space Game: The Game'. having played little bits of most of Yahtzee's games, i'm looking forward to seeing what it will have in store.

sunpop

Oct 23, 2008
CyricZ said:
The plot of the game: avoid the evil rock aliens. O_O

And the big twist? YOU'RE A ROCK, TOO!
*takes out a club and starts beating CyricZ* That's a bad M Night you get back in your hole!

A1

Jul 9, 2009
Kazokuhouou said:
Yeah, and you saw how well that worked for Orpheus.

Ten seconds, Orphy. If you had waited only ten seconds.

True. And I get the impression that Kratos's wife wouldn't have gone to hell anyway. So it would seem that Kratos is pretty much out of luck in that regard.