Dare You Take Our Uber Pokemon Champion Quiz?

Rathy

Aug 21, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
The new pokemon themselves have lame designs, but the gameplay has been tweaked to PERFECTION.
This I totally agree with. And this is also why I consider Heart Gold/Soul Silver to be the best ones, because it has the best set-up, with all of the nice innovations since they had to cram it onto a tiny GBC cartridge. Its a case of all the wonderful old pokemon and all the awesome new changes as I see it.

Also, 43rd as of last check, at 55 minutes and 24 tries... Got 70% right my first try, but was confused as hell on what was wrong. Silly not knowing steel type resistances, and changing STABs... And I coulda sworn Smeargle couldn't learn another move on his list. Though I'm still behind the curve on generation IV.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Ringwraith said:
John Funk said:
Embedding the video in the original post made me remember how badass Cynthia's theme is.
Definitely the coolest Champion, IMO.
This is some awesome music, though Lance's is the one that has stuck in my head for all these years.
Now it gets something other than bleeps and is even better!
Plus, champions that have no type theme are always the best fights. The first time when you go in blind is great.

On the side note of awesome music, I still think Johto trainer battles is one of the best ones (though that might be just because it's simply good and not awesome but the one you hear the second most).
That's why I loved the Cynthia fight. Non-themed champion for the win.

Her Garchomp still gives me nightmares...

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Nah, I would utterly fail it since I stopped watching in Grade 5 which was 10 years ago.

Rhino of Steel

Sep 29, 2008
John Funk said:
Crabturtleking said:
Is it just me or does the question involving Metagross and bullet punch have two right answers?
It's just you ;)
I thought there were three right answers to that at one point. Finally figured it out but I felt like I was back in Calculus trying to keep track of all the weakness and types et all. Why I'm still looking forward to getting SoulSilver is beyond me.

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
John Funk said:
Ringwraith said:
John Funk said:
Embedding the video in the original post made me remember how badass Cynthia's theme is.
Definitely the coolest Champion, IMO.
Plus, champions that have no type theme are always the best fights. The first time when you go in blind is great.
That's why I loved the Cynthia fight. Non-themed champion for the win.

Her Garchomp still gives me nightmares...
Level 52 Weavile + NeverMeltIce + Ice Punch = 1-hit KO ; )
(Actually, in hindsight, the NeverMeltIce was probably overkill on already quad damage).

Come to think of it, fighting your rival in FR/LG was good too. (The awesome music is just a plus).
I ran out of revives and had to tackle his Blastoise with a Lapras.
There was much body slam and hyper potion spam on my part, and hydro pump (then bite and skull bash) and full restore on his.

It took so damn long!

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
Rhino of Steel said:
John Funk said:
Crabturtleking said:
Is it just me or does the question involving Metagross and bullet punch have two right answers?
It's just you ;)
I thought there were three right answers to that at one point. Finally figured it out but I felt like I was back in Calculus trying to keep track of all the weakness and types et all. Why I'm still looking forward to getting SoulSilver is beyond me.
The biggest tip-off was the "raining, rest, move next turn" deal. There's only two Pokemon in the whole game who can reliably pull that off and the other one wasn't listed.

The one that really got me was the drain punch scenario... maybe I wasn't reading it well enough but I swear there was two right answers x_x...

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Woot 21st out of 797 entries; highest I'v ever been. Now just waiting for the mudkip badge. I didn't think anything could over take the big daddy badge at yet here we are

messy

Dec 3, 2008
xyrafhoan said:
Rhino of Steel said:
John Funk said:
Crabturtleking said:
It's just you ;)
The biggest tip-off was the "raining, rest, move next turn" deal. There's only two Pokemon in the whole game who can reliably pull that off and the other one wasn't listed.

The one that really got me was the drain punch scenario... maybe I wasn't reading it well enough but I swear there was two right answers x_x...
Nah the fact it gets hit by drain punch changes a few things, only one can get STAB from fighting and normal

ThatOneJewYouNo

Sep 22, 2009
Oh snap. :D
This quiz totally boosts my ego.
Counting the fact that my last 4 attempts to perfect it involved the Rest question, I feel pretty nice.

*Currently 7th place. w00t!*

ThatOneJewYouNo

Sep 22, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Quiz is live now, guys. Good luck. You are so gonna need it.
Bah! Why use luck when I have hours of late-night experience and a decent method of process of elimination?! =P

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
messy said:
Nah the fact it gets hit by drain punch changes a few things, only one can get STAB from fighting and normal
And there lies the detail I missed while reading it over. I feel ashamed for getting it wrong so many times.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
xyrafhoan said:
messy said:
And there lies the detail I missed while reading it over. I feel ashamed for getting it wrong so many times.
I only got it because I thought, the others have soft round hands not capable of slashing then finally got the detail on the second time through

Sgt. Dante

Jul 30, 2008
Finally!!! took me 80 mins and 21 attempts but i got that damned thing.

Problem is I knew which question i kept getting wrong, tried all 4 answers twice each and finally it decided to let me have the fucking win. kept getting 90% with me answering 9 questions the same every time, but after about 10 goes of doing this it let me win.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Awww...it hasn't started.

Here I was...Ready to ace it!

Single player? Know it all.

EVs, IVs, special walls, physical tanks, sweepers, and possible movesets? I was READY.

The anime...not so much.

Pokemon. It's deep fucking shit. Possibly the deepest game ever, actually.
After just getting into it i dont know a whole lot but i completely agree.
iv got a friend who has been giving me tips on how to play.....i got a head ache the first time he tried to explain EV training and i dont even want to think about the Equation for actually capturing the Damn things.
30% on the first try.........this is going to be a looooooooonnnng day.