Daredevil Season 2 Gets Teaser Trailer, Premiere Date

JaredJones

Jun 8, 2015
Daredevil Season 2 Gets Teaser Trailer, Premiere Date

It's about damn time.

The excitement for season 2 of Netflix's Daredevil has been kicked into overdrive ever since a handful of gory details leaked [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142811-Trailer-First-Look-at-Netflixs-Daredevil-Season-Two] from a Comic Con Experience screening of the season's opener, fueling the fire even higher and turning the show's fans into a veritable school of piranha.

Marvel's absolute refusal to reveal when the season would arrive only further heightened our anticipation for the return of Matt Murdock, but finally, the powers at be have decided to let a little air out of the balloon before it exploded.

What are all these poorly-conceived metaphors getting at? Oh, only that Marvel and Netflix released a haunting teaser trailer this morning announcing Daredevil's premiere date: March 18th.

While the latest teaser contains even less new footage than the previous one, it will still send a chill or two down your spine nonetheless, so check it out above, then scroll down for season 2's official synopsis.

"Just when Matt thinks he is bringing order back to the city, new forces are rising in Hell's Kitchen. Now the Man Without Fear must take on a new adversary in Frank Castle and face an old flame - Elektra Natchios.

Bigger problems emerge when Frank Castle, a man looking for vengeance, is reborn as The Punisher, a man who takes justice into his own hands in Matt's neighborhood. Meanwhile, Matt must balance his duty to his community as a lawyer and his dangerous life as the Devil of Hell's Kitchen, facing a life-altering choice that forces him to truly understand what it means to be a hero."

Source: Pajiba [http://www.pajiba.com/netflix_movies_and_tv/marvel-announces-daredevils-second-season-premiere-with-a-spectacular-promo.php]

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Looking forward to it. After season 1 of Daredevil and Jessica Jones the netflix series are turning into to my favourite thing about Marvel's TV/Film line up.

XenoScifi

Dec 30, 2013
The Artificially Prolonged said:
Looking forward to it. After season 1 of Daredevil and Jessica Jones the netflix series are turning into to my favourite thing about Marvel's TV/Film line up.
Heck ya. I just finished Jessica Jones and was foaming for more of this universe.

Wuvlycuddles

Oct 29, 2009
I'm confused, I thought we'd be getting Luke Cage, Iron Fist and the Defenders before we got a second season of Daredevil :s

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Wuvlycuddles said:
I'm confused, I thought we'd be getting Luke Cage, Iron Fist and the Defenders before we got a second season of Daredevil :s
Don't worry, Luke and Danny should be getting their shows later this year.

DoctorM

Nov 30, 2010
What was wrong with March 25th (aka release date of Batman v Superman)? That seemed like a really great marketing decision.

New DC movie suck? Stay home all weekend and watch kick ass Marvel instead.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
Wuvlycuddles said:
I think that was the plan but I think they pulled an Iron Man 2 with it. "Wow, this was so much more popular than we expected so lets give this one a second outing before the big team-up event."