Dark Knight Title in Development

Junaid Alam

Apr 10, 2007
Dark Knight Title in Development

Following weeks of unsubstantiated rumors, it now appears that a Batman video game based on The Dark Night is in the works.

Actor Gary Oldman, who played Commissioner Gordon in the two Christopher Nolan-directed Batman films, said in a television interview that the game is in development.

He touched upon a few aspects of the game, including a scene where the player controls a gliding Batman descending from a police building. But most key details, like the release date, publisher, and developer, were not disclosed.

Source: Ars Technica [http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2008/07/22/gary-oldman-dark-knight-game-is-in-development]

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
I'm sure this is going to be rubbish but I was just wondering, could they ever make a Batman game good? Spiderman 2 was a pretty good game but then Spiderman is something that can easily be turned into a fun game.
How could they do that with Batman? Maybe go down a route that's similar to Splinter Cell? I dunno, what do you guys think?

BlazeTheVampire

May 14, 2008
Batman: Rise of Shin Tzu was good from what I hear (though I have yet to try it, a lot of regulars in my store love it). It helps that although it was a superhero game, it wasn't based off of a movie or cartoon plot. This game didn't have an already-seen plot to follow, so we couldn't watch a movie to know exactly what came next.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
TomNook said:
It could be like Splinter Cell+GTA type thing.
Yeah, I was wondering wether or not it should go down the GTA route, with an open Gotham city? I guess it could be very fun to explore a living Gotham City, that's got a lot of potential in it's own right. And I suppose it could be quite fun to tear up the streets in the Batmoblie or on the Batpod. Still, something tells me that I think this game would do better with a more structured level design.

It's only just occured to me that the film is out now and the game has only just been announced, so maybe it won't have the usual time constraints that plague most movie videogames. Prehaps this is a game with potential.....

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
There might be SOME hope, considering it wasn't rushed together to come out with the movie.