Dark Souls 2 bug (looking for a fix) Spoilers!

blinkgun96

Dec 15, 2008
So having enjoyed the game greatly and getting a considerable amount of time(BUT NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH!!!) invested, it would appear I've encountered a uncommon bug/glitch and I'd appreciate a little advice. At the very least maybe one of you has a strategy for the extremely psychotic. I'll put the details below in a spoiler tag:

So Mytha, the Baneful Queen is fought in a pit of poison, and what I would imagine to be liquid despair/tears of unloved orphans, but there's a way circulated way to drain the pit by lighting the windmill by the bonfire on... well fire. However through circumstances I don't completely understand I lit the windmill on fire with a torch and it stopped spinning but never completely caught ablaze. The poison, it seems, is still there. I can't relight the windmill and exiting my session accomplished nothing. at the moment I've raised a self-righteous middle finger to that encounter and moved on to bigger and better things. So my question, Dear Escapist, is if there's a work around or strategy so that I can kill the Gorgon without suffering a panic attack and several restless nights.

Oct 10, 2011
That's what drained the pool? I thought it was the Pharos's lockstone in the hallways right before the fog wall that drained it. I did both at once so I wouldn't know.

Anyway, I actually killed her with the poison there. I didn't figure out until later that it could be drained. I used my Elizabeth mushroom and tons of estus to counter the poison and just killed her with my halberd, I imagine you could just do the same if the Pharos stone doesn't solve it. She is definitely one of the easiest bosses.

blinkgun96

Dec 15, 2008
That actually is supposed to turn to water that restores your health if/when the poison is drained. Attempted it twice and I agree, unfortunately I don't have the health invested to survive the poison without healing, plus it heals her. Only damage I recieved those 2 attempts were from the poison. Still, the game deserved better than to leave a sour taste in my mouth by succumbing to a bug that makes it more difficult when it could be avoided. The game itself is already unforgiving by design.

Tuxedoman

Apr 16, 2009
username sucks said:
I used my Elizabeth mushroom and tons of estus to counter the poison and just killed her with my halberd, I imagine you could just do the same if the Pharos stone doesn't solve it. She is definitely one of the easiest bosses.
This basically. If you can't drain the poison for whatever reasons, next best bet would be to huff anti-poison consumables, stock up on moss, equip as much anti-poison armour as you can find and just give it a go.
Also, if you haven't already, summon Jester Thomas for the boss fight. That guy is Iron Tarkus mixed with Cicero from Skyrim, and could probably 1v1 the boss if he doesn't fall in the poison pool.

Oct 10, 2011
Tuxedoman said:
username sucks said:
I used my Elizabeth mushroom and tons of estus to counter the poison and just killed her with my halberd, I imagine you could just do the same if the Pharos stone doesn't solve it. She is definitely one of the easiest bosses.
This basically. If you can't drain the poison for whatever reasons, next best bet would be to huff anti-poison consumables, stock up on moss, equip as much anti-poison armour as you can find and just give it a go.
Also, if you haven't already, summon Jester Thomas for the boss fight. That guy is Iron Tarkus mixed with Cicero from Skyrim, and could probably 1v1 the boss if he doesn't fall in the poison pool.
I didn't even notice that there was an npc phantom. I don't recall meeting a "Jester Thomas" either. Did I miss a conversation or something? The only npc I found in that area was Pate.

Yeah, I didn't even use any anti-poison stuff. I just soaked up the damage and killed her before the mushroom wore off. It healed me almost as fast as the poison hurt me, though I wish I knew to drain the poison at the time, because that was the only mushroom I've found so far.

blinkgun96

Dec 15, 2008
Oh I've already mentally prepared myself to "tank it out" I just am not looking forward to it. My intent was also to see if anyone had a similar problem. A workaround would be nice, and it kinda saps up the enjoyment of "Tough but Fair" if an error no one could foresee has that kind of influence on an already unforgiving game. Just a minor hiccup.

@username_sucks: He's just one of those summonable NPC's who is only introduced as a Phantom. His sign is to the right of the stairs leading to the boss area(facing towards them) tucked near the corner.

Oct 10, 2011
blinkgun96 said:
Oh I've already mentally prepared myself to "tank it out" I just am not looking forward to it. My intent was also to see if anyone had a similar problem. A workaround would be nice, and it kinda saps up the enjoyment of "Tough but Fair" if an error no one could foresee has that kind of influence on an already unforgiving game. Just a minor hiccup.

@username_sucks: He's just one of those summonable NPC's who is only introduced as a Phantom. His sign is to the right of the stairs leading to the boss area(facing towards them) tucked near the corner.
Oh. I already went back to look for him and got frustrated when I couldn't find him. Thanks anyway.

Side note: you do know how to quote in the forums, right? That way it actually sends a message to the person you are trying to talk to.

blinkgun96

Dec 15, 2008
username sucks said:
blinkgun96 said:

Oh. I already went back to look for him and got frustrated when I couldn't find him. Thanks anyway.

Side note: you do know how to quote in the forums, right? That way it actually sends a message to the person you are trying to talk to.
I do. I just felt it was not necessary.
Finished her off last night. Just used poison moss. Had the Adaptability so that it was a quick use.

If anyone else has this problem: There's no known fix.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Not wholly related to the topic, but I just found the third bonfire in Earthen Peak. Which would make returning to the fight much easier. Above the Grave Wardens guarding the boss door, where the Red Phantom spawns, there are two fake walls on either side of the entrance. One leads to a chest with a Petrified Something and the other is the bonfire.